Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AHSAA to Meet with Reuben Foster

AHSAA to Meet with Reuben Foster
« on: August 13, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »
Reuben Foster’s change of high schools and college commitment has led to a meeting with NCAA investigators on Monday afternoon, his mother confirmed to the AJC.

Foster, who is ranked as the nation’s No. 2 overall college football prospect, transferred from Troup High School to Alabama’s Auburn High School 40 miles away in mid-April.

Last month, the 5-star linebacker who is entering his senior season also announced his new college destination would be Auburn after being committed to rival Alabama for 12 months.

“They [the NCAA] are talking with Reuben and me,” Anita Paige said. “They want to make sure there was nothing illegal done to get us down here, or anything like that. They want to make sure there wasn’t a college booster involved.

“No, there was not a booster involved or anybody from the college involved. There was nothing illegal.”

Foster has said the reason he left Troup was because his coach, Charles Flowers, was fired after last season. His mother reiterated that on Monday, while also adding, “I picked Auburn High School for us because it’s a better school system for academics. Reuben only has one more year of high school, but it was my baby girl [Kayla, 12 years old] who I was more worried about. I want them to get a good education.”

Since Foster flipped from Alabama to Auburn on July 12, there has been a ton of backlash, according to Paige. “Yes, the Alabama people have said all kinds of awful things, saying he is a traitor, and that ‘You can go play with the pigs if you want.’ They told him you won’t be playing for any championships at Auburn the next four years … just a lot of mean stuff.”

Why did Foster switch to Auburn? When Foster went public with the decision, he only read a short statement and did not take any questions from reporters. Paige provided some insight:

“Reuben said I won’t have to travel so far for his games since we live in Auburn now. Plus it had to do with those shootings at Auburn. Ladarious Phillips was his cousin who played football at Auburn and was one of those who got killed. That played a big role in Reuben’s decision. He wants to carry on Ladarious’ legacy at Auburn.”

One day after flipping to Auburn, Foster cemented the decision by getting a gigantic Auburn tattoo on his forearm. His mother said the commitment remains so strong that the entire family intends to get Auburn tattoos, also.[/s]

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/08/13/reuben-foster-ncaa-investigators-to-meet-with-auburn-5-star-lb-recruit/

***Reuben Foster meeting with AHSAA, not NCAA...
Warmer - Posts: 8 - Views: 467 - Started by: Bryan Matthews
Bryan Matthews10985 posts
Sources close to 5-star linebacker Reuben Foster from Auburn (Ala.) High tell AuburnUndercover.com that Foster and his family are meeting with Alabama High School Athletic Association officials today and have not been contacted by any representatives from the NCAA as reported in the AJC earlier today.
Stay tuned for more...
9 minutes ago
Rate UpRate DownReplyTweet This
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:34:53 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: NCAA to Meet with Reuben Foster
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:05:36 PM »
God dammit...

Let there be one inkling of guilt for Bama with recruiting violations and the REC goes full tard getting the NCAA to investigate every crevice of our recruiting class.

WHERE IS THE NCAA ON DARIUS PAIGE???

This reeks of diversion from Paige, coming up empty with Jovon, and shifting to Rueben. Throwing shit against the wall praying anything sticks...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:10:38 PM »
God dammit...

Let there be one inkling of guilt for Bama with recruiting violations and the REC goes full tard getting the NCAA to investigate every crevice of our recruiting class.

This reeks of diversion from Paige, coming up empty with Jovon, and shifting to Rueben. Throwing shit against the wall praying anything sticks...

What I fail to understand is how THIS gets investigated but nobody bothers to check Hoover, T-town Tom or any of the nefarious shit that's open and blatant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 02:15:50 PM »
Fast forward to 1:19

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »
What I fail to understand is how THIS gets investigated but nobody bothers to check Hoover, T-town Tom or any of the nefarious shit that's open and blatant.

Or Yeldon. Or Calloway. Or Cyrus. Did the NCAA ask them why they switched schools?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 02:18:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 02:22:41 PM »
Or Yeldon. Or Calloway. Or Cyrus. Did the NCAA ask them why they switched schools?

If they did, it didn't make the news like it does with our guys.  Greg Robinson/Trovon Reed part two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 02:30:04 PM »
Or Collins.

His mother said the commitment remains so strong that the entire family intends to get Auburn tattoos, also.

:vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 02:38:06 PM »

Exactly. What I see is a bunch of steel curtain bammers sending out whatever they can to divert the
attention. If something sticks then great, if it doesn't well thats fine too. They got the outcome they were looking for.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:04:01 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »
I mean seriously.

I've always considered myself even-keeled about this type of shit.

Wild conspiracy theories on the Bunker are outright laughable 99.9% of the time.

But at some point you've got to throw your hands up in the air and say, "OK. What the bleeding fuck."

There is zero logical, equitable reason that the NCAA should investigate Jovon Robinson and not Darius Paige. And then to rub salt in the wound, investigate Rueben Foster and not TJ Yelodn or Brent Calloway (And Peaches). Objectively, there is so much more shady shit going on with those cases, especially Calloway, and it all gets completely ignored. The NCAA is saying, you can flip from Auburn to Bama, but not Bama to Auburn without there being some kind of shenanigans afoot. It's Capstone Report mentality. In other words, it's barking lunacy.

Throw in the T-Town Menswear backdated "dissociation" letter as good enough of an explanation for the NCAA to stay away, and...WHAT...THE...FUCK.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »
I really wish someone would write an article about how incredibly bias the media is (they talk to recruits all the time when they're top recruits and when they transfer), so how is this a story now and not a coupe months ago when he was a uat commit...he'd already transferred and was a uat commit for a while until he flipped.

Keep trying bammers (btw, I seriously hope they show everything that they find, regarding Reuben).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »
I'll say it again and again.  Bammer loves claiming championships, whether pencil whipped, or in do over games.  They hate having to compete for them, and when they feel somebody is starting to slip up on them to be competititive, they want the NCAA to take them down.  I'd hate to have been the switchboard operator at the NCAA since this transcript shit on Robinson broke. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 06:08:19 PM »
Surprisingly enough, the AJC gives a little more insight into it. Much of the same as the above article, but this stands out to me:

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/08/13/reuben-foster-ncaa-investigators-to-meet-with-auburn-5-star-lb-recruit/
Plus it had to do with those shootings at Auburn. Ladarious Phillips was his cousin who played football at Auburn and was one of those who got killed. That played a big role in Reuben’s decision. He wants to carry on Ladarious’ legacy at Auburn.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »
Surprisingly enough, the AJC gives a little more insight into it. Much of the same as the above article, but this stands out to me:

Same article is same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »
Same article is same.
I'm a moron. I saw a different story that seemed to leave that part out, and I thought it was the one THS linked. The thought is the same, though. I could see that as a definite reason for such a radical change. Not that he really owes anybody an explanation, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 06:33:55 PM »
***Reuben Foster meeting with AHSAA, not NCAA...
Warmer - Posts: 8 - Views: 467 - Started by: Bryan Matthews
Bryan Matthews10985 posts
Sources close to 5-star linebacker Reuben Foster from Auburn (Ala.) High tell AuburnUndercover.com that Foster and his family are meeting with Alabama High School Athletic Association officials today and have not been contacted by any representatives from the NCAA as reported in the AJC earlier today.
Stay tuned for more...
9 minutes ago
Rate UpRate DownReplyTweet This

I'm so sick and fucking tired of lazy, agenda-driven reporting. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 06:50:22 PM »
I'm so sick and fucking tired of lazy, agenda-driven reporting.

I gain no comfort with the idea that Bammer Savarese is asking questions here but not about the bullshit at Foley. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
Re: AHSAA to Meet with Reuben Foster
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 07:50:32 PM »
http://www2.oanow.com/sports/2012/aug/13/6/report-auburn-highs-foster-meet-ncaa-investigators-ar-4332350/
UPDATE: Sources say Auburn High's Foster being investigated by AHSAA
Auburn High Reuben Foster

Credit: Vasha Hunt | Opelika-Auburn News

Auburn High linebacker Reuben Foster (pictured) is being investigated by the AHSAA for his move to Auburn. Sources close to Foster say it is a precautionary move by the AHSAA.

By: Jason Galloway | Opelika-Auburn News
Published: August 13, 2012
Updated: August 13, 2012 - 6:28 PM
» 1 Comments | Post a Comment

Sources close to linebacker Reuben Foster — the nation’s No. 2 recruit — told the Opelika-Auburn News that the Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA) — not the NCAA — is investigating Foster’s move from Troup County (Ga.) High to Auburn High this spring.

The sources said nothing provoked the AHSAA’s concern and that it was a precaution taken by the organization after defensive lineman Darius Paige’s transfer from Washington (Fla.) High School to Foley High became controversial last week over questions of academic integrity.

AHSAA Director of Communications Ron Ingram said he could not confirm or deny the presence of an investigation into Foster — saying that the organization could comment about ongoing investigations if there were one — but did say the AHSAA often looks into situations of athletes transferring to a new high school.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported earlier Monday that Foster’s high school transfer and college commitment to Auburn University had led to a meeting with NCAA investigators scheduled for Monday afternoon.

The sources close to Foster said Monday afternoon that the NCAA is not investigating Foster.

Foster transferred to Auburn High in the spring from Troup County High in LaGrange, Ga., and switched his college commitment from Alabama to Auburn last month.

Foster’s mother, Anita Paige, told the AJC about a meeting with the NCAA.

“They (the NCAA) is talking with Reuben and me,” Paige said. “They want to make sure there was nothing illegal done to get us down here, or anything like that. They want to make sure there wasn’t a college booster involved.

“No, there was not a booster involved or anybody from the college involved. There was nothing illegal.”

Foster said his transfer came as a result of the firing of Troup County head football coach Charles Flowers, and his family’s decision to pick Auburn had much to do with the school system, particularly for Foster’s 12-year-old sister, Kayla.

Foster told the Opelika-Auburn News his decision to switch his commitment from Alabama to Auburn came largely because of his young daughter, who he could see more often if he attended Auburn.

Paige also revealed more information to the AJC about Foster's decision to commit to Auburn.

“Reuben said I won’t have to travel so far for his games since we live in Auburn now. Plus it had to do with those shootings at Auburn," she said." Ladarious Phillips was his cousin who played football at Auburn and was one of those who got killed. That played a big role in Reuben’s decision. He wants to carry on Ladarious’ legacy at Auburn."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »
I gain no comfort with the idea that Bammer Savarese is asking questions here but not about the bullshit at Foley.

True.  But the worst that could happen is Foster sits his senior year and stays perfectly healthy for his enrollment at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions