Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Defensive Line Depth

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Defensive Line Depth
« on: August 04, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
The defensive line has four starters returning, maybe five depending how you count. Most of the 16 defensive linemen on scholarship have experience. And only one is a senior. A lot  these players are familiar to Auburn fans: Corey Lemonier, Nosa Eguae, Jeff Whitaker, Ken Carter, Gabe Wright, LaDarius Owens, Angelo Blackson, Craig Sanders, Devaunte Sigler and Dee Ford.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/08/believe_the_hype_auburns_defen.html

Just counting the named players above, we have 2.5 DL teams.  How huge is it going to finally be to rotate quality players and not just place-holders?

I'm trying to contain it, but the DL kool-aid is flowing heavily for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Defensive Line Depth
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 03:49:10 PM »
I'm feeling it too. I can't wait to see how much improved the Auburn D is this year.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 06:15:24 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 04:40:26 PM »
The defensive line has four starters returning, maybe five depending how you count. Most of the 16 defensive linemen on scholarship have experience. And only one is a senior. A lot  these players are familiar to Auburn fans: Corey Lemonier, Nosa Eguae, Jeff Whitaker, Ken Carter, Gabe Wright, LaDarius Owens, Angelo Blackson, Craig Sanders, Devaunte Sigler and Dee Ford.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/08/believe_the_hype_auburns_defen.html

Just counting the named players above, we have 2.5 DL teams.  How huge is it going to finally be to rotate quality players and not just place-holders?

I'm trying to contain it, but the DL kool-aid is flowing heavily for me.

That's some talent, and depth.  If it's not talented, then either Rivals was off, or Pelton and Yox ain't gettin' it done.  If that is not a dominant group, then something is wrong.   And I mean that group should be as good as any in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:32:54 PM »
I too am excited about the DL.  From practice pics and notes, I am hoping this group are going to blow things up this year and live up to their potential. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 06:34:30 PM »
For you to fap to:

Blackson:

Whitaker:

Ford:

Lemonier:

Carter (I think):

Sigler:

Owens on Right:

Wright:

President:

Harrell:

Nero and Carter:

Niles:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 09:53:46 PM »
Just finished watching the LSU interception game of 94 and what I really enjoyed in watching it was seeing the qb continually having to run for his life outside the pocket. I expect to see this again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 12:17:26 AM »
Blackson, Whitaker and Nero have that ”Super Freak” Tracy Rocker look to them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 04:49:48 PM »
Blackson, Whitaker and Nero have that ”Super Freak” Tracy Rocker look to them.

I hope they have his mean streak too.  I want every QB we face this year to have grass chunks in his facemask and skid marks in his drawers by the fourth quarter.

If this "D" lives up to even half their potential, I may have to slice off some of the Chin love and share it with the Stache.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions