Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Snags is moving to Italy

Snags is moving to Italy
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:06:05 PM »
http://main.aol.com/2012/08/01/no-balls-ruling-italy-illegal_n_1733604.html

Well, that's a kick in the groin to free speech.

An Italian court has ruled that telling a man he has "no balls" is a crime punishable with a fine, according to Agence France-Presse. The court, Italy's highest, set the precedent while ruling on a case between two cousins.

From AFP:

The case was brought to the supreme court by a lawyer named only as Vittorio against his cousin Alberto, a justice of the peace, for the phrase uttered during a heated courtroom exchange in the southern Italian city of Potenza.

"Apart from the vulgarity of the term used, the expression definitely also has an injurious quality," the male judge, Maurizio Fumo, said in his ruling as quoted by Italian news agency ANSA.

The court sided with the plaintiff because the phrase was uttered in the workplace, where it might affect the man's reputation, according to the report. The consequence will be a fine in an amount yet to be determined by a judge.

The ruling has sparked a bit of disbelief across Twitter, where users expressed mixed reactions to the news. User @RobMarmet even gave tourists a head's up about the ruling:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Snags is moving to Italy
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:12:05 PM »
http://main.aol.com/2012/08/01/no-balls-ruling-italy-illegal_n_1733604.html

Well there is no telling what they would do to me when I told someone to take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »
Finally, a court with some sense.  You fuckers better get out the wallets once that passes here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 03:20:19 PM »
I'm no fancy pants lawyer, but wouldn't truth be an absolute defense?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 03:24:01 PM »

The truth shall set you free.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »

Swoops in like Michael Bluth and poof, gone again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »
The truth shall set you free.

Orrrrr it could get you into real trouble after a trip to the strip club.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »
Orrrrr it could get you into real trouble after a trip to the strip club.

Nah.  Still free. 
Just of different items.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 06:41:48 PM »
Well there is no telling what they would do to me when I told someone to take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut?
If I said the phrase "vaffancoulo" once during my 3 years in that shit hole of a country, I used it 10 thousand times. I never let the opportunity to tell those bastards to "go fuck themselves in the ass" slip by without comment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."