Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Finedong...what an audience

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Finedong...what an audience
« on: July 07, 2008, 04:12:05 PM »
We know everyone's feelings on Finedung's show, but I seriously think the man is so incredibly limited by his audience, he doesn't have a choice.  It's been a running joke between me, myself and I to get in the car after work, turn on his show and see how long it takes him or someone else to say the words, "Saban" or "Bama" or "Cruitin".  No joke, I rarely make it out of the parking lot.  Then I change the channel and move on.  Seriously, it's every freakin' day.

I had to run some place about 15 minutes ago.  Got in the car and Fineschlong was talking about the summer Olympics and whether or not the USA had any rivals any more like we used to have with Russia, East Germany etc.  I actually perked up and thought, damn, real sports talk????  Nope!!!

The first caller he went to was some spunk licker named Raymond.  "Paw, I know this here's veering off a yer topic but...but...uuhhh....I mean, what I'm sayin' is...

(In my mind I'm going, "Nooooo...don't do it")

but...SABAN ain't actually played a down with none of the recruits that he signed.  I mean, all them boys has been Shula's guys.  Am I right?"

Finespunk is a tool, but you gotta' give him credit for playing to a sure thing.  His audience would talk 24/7/365 about the color of the peanut chunks in Saban's morning dump if they could.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Finedong...what an audience
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 04:30:01 PM »
His audience would talk 24/7/365 about the color of the peanut chunks in Saban's morning dump if they could.
My money's on red.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 06:21:41 PM »
I love the setup of Finebaum's show.  How many other shows in the country allow the callers to have full control of the show?  Finebaum has the easiest job in the world - answer the phone and let other people have their say. 

The problem is the average listener is an Alabama fan.  The show is geared towards Bammers because there is a larger listening audience.  I like listening every now and then because it affirms my belief that most Bama fans are belligerent morons. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 08:44:25 PM »
I love the setup of Finebaum's show.  How many other shows in the country allow the callers to have full control of the show?  Finebaum has the easiest job in the world - answer the phone and let other people have their say. 

The problem is the average listener is an Alabama fan.  The show is geared towards Bammers because there is a larger listening audience.  I like listening every now and then because it affirms my belief that most Bama fans are belligerent morons. 
True dat.
I always wonder just how the fuck he got that job.
I never have made the claim that I am an X's and O's mastermind, but this guy clearly doesn't know dick about football. Notice he never says anything of substance ever. Like you said, 99% of the show is the listeners calling and and finishing their diatribes with "Is that right Paul?" to which he answers "Yeah, I think you're right". If he (and his people) can google the correct answer in time, he'll confirm or deny the caller's question. Never once does he discuss offensive or defensive schemes, or compare and contrast players at specific positions from different teams. I don't think he has any idea about this sort of stuff. His football knowledge is around that of the ditsy blonde at the games that asks if we "did something good" after the crowd erupts in cheers. He gets into the discipline problems and coaching changes, and anything else that is soap opera / gossip magazine-esque, just like a woman. Actually, he's more like the 4th grader at the playground that says "Uh, uh, Bama's better than Auburn. We have 12 Nashnul Champeenships. Bear was our coach one time!" but doesn't and can't go into any real detail about the game of football.
I dare say that any one poster on this board, or pretty much any other regular poster on an Auburn message board, is more knowledgeable on the subject than he is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:57:22 PM »
Easy Fix...  Turn the channel to dunnaway (SP?) and brown 690AM... the old JOX channel. They have a little knowledge of football and they talk X's and O's!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:49:46 PM »
95% of the people that call into Finebaum, Alabama fans or Auburn are fucktards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 11:10:04 PM »
Easy Fix...  Turn the channel to dunnaway (SP?) and brown 690AM... the old JOX channel. They have a little knowledge of football and they talk X's and O's!
I HIGHLY Fuckin' Concur with that.....Nearly EVERY time a caller asks Dunnaway or Brown anything they usually go back and forth discussing it, usually after the caller has hung up or they've let them go.  They not only Listen to what the callers say, but they respond as best as they can and when they don't know the exact answer of the question, they'll usually say something like, "Hang on....so and so, will look it up for us, we'll get back to that answer after the break".  I usually listen to the PF show just to have some laughs, but if I want Actual SPORTS TALK, I'll listen to D&B.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 11:29:11 PM »
Unfortunately, we're extremely limited down here with regards to regional sports talk radio.  We only have Sporting News Radio which carries our local sports talk show in the morning, followed by Brando, Finebaum and Arnie Spanier. 

Chad hit the proverbial nail on the head.  Finesperm knows jack shit about any sport.  He just let's the callers steer the conversation which sad to say, is 90% Nick Saban and his masterful cruitin' job.  He has nothing to do other than egg it on with a controversial comment every now and then.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 12:12:21 AM »
I HIGHLY Fuckin' Concur with that.....Nearly EVERY time a caller asks Dunnaway or Brown anything they usually go back and forth discussing it, usually after the caller has hung up or they've let them go.  They not only Listen to what the callers say, but they respond as best as they can and when they don't know the exact answer of the question, they'll usually say something like, "Hang on....so and so, will look it up for us, we'll get back to that answer after the break".  I usually listen to the PF show just to have some laughs, but if I want Actual SPORTS TALK, I'll listen to D&B.
It's not even disputable. Now, while my ride home from work usually consists of flipping back and forth depending on the subject being discussed on either show, I'll admit, I'm mostly dialed in to Finebaum.
Why?
It's what Jerry Springer was in the mid 90's. You just want to listen so you can say "That redneck did not just say that, did he? I can't believe there are people that think like that!" Despite it's intro, it is not "the most trusted and credible" source for sporting news, by any stretch of the imagination. What it is, is a three ring circus side-show that should be taken as pure entertainment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 09:20:54 AM »
99.5% of the people that call into Finebaum, Alabama fans or Auburn are fucktards.

Fixed that for you
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 11:22:36 AM »
It's not even disputable. Now, while my ride home from work usually consists of flipping back and forth depending on the subject being discussed on either show, I'll admit, I'm mostly dialed in to Finebaum.
Why?
It's what Jerry Springer was in the mid 90's. You just want to listen so you can say "That redneck did not just say that, did he? I can't believe there are people that think like that!" Despite it's intro, it is not "the most trusted and credible" source for sporting news, by any stretch of the imagination. What it is, is a three ring circus side-show that should be taken as pure entertainment.

Great analogy Chiz, it is just like watching the Jerry Springer show... I always wondered why in the hell listened to the shit...but now I know!  It is like watching to lesbien midgets fight...you just have to watch or in this case, listen! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions