dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: DuRon Carter Processed?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 01:09:58 PM »
ITAT has the rumor.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2012/07/duron_carter_would_bring_talen.html

FAU Sports

<< Previous entry: FAU basketball offers Indiana point guard Mo Evans

Duron Carter would bring talent, baggage to FAU

By Dieter Kurtenbach July 19, 2012 11:39 AM

Duron Carter has been sniffing around for a new school, and where better to look than the one down the street from his dad's house?

A high-level school source confirmed to me Thursday that Carter is indeed looking at FAU — and if he were to get into the school (and with Carter's grade issues, that's no guarantee) he would immediately become the team's top receiver.

(No offense to DeAndre Richardson or Marcus Cunningham, but Carter was slated to be the top receiver for Alabama this upcoming season — that's a different level of talent.)

There are a lot of hoops to jump through before Carter becomes an Owl. He has to get into the school — something Cris Carter thinks will happen soon — and he has to be accepted into the football program — something that will happen, but not without plenty of conditions.

Then, there's the 2012 eligibility question. The verdict on that? It's extremely unlikely Carter is an active member of the 2012 Owls. On the surface, Carter doesn't seem to have much of a case for a hardship verdict. Unless a previously unannounced circumstance comes to light, I'd expect his hardship waiver to be denied in the same fashion as Michael Dyer's, making him eligible for only the 2013 season at FAU.

But we do know that FAU wants Carter, and Carter wants FAU, and that's a big get, and a bigger vote of confidence for Carl Pelini and the Owl coaching staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
Affirmative per teh ESPNz:

Duron Carter leaves Alabama

Updated: July 19, 2012, 2:08 PM ET

Alabama wide receiver Duron Carter has left the program, a source confirmed to ESPN's Joe Schad.

Carter, who never played a down for the Crimson Tide after transferring to the school in 2011, is seeking another program to play for, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

The junior wideout, who is the son of former NFL receiver and current ESPN analyst Cris Carter, began his career at Ohio State and was a boon for an Alabama coaching staff looking for a deep threat after Julio Jones left the program early for the NFL draft. But Carter couldn't stay academically eligible last season, and coach Nick Saban suspended him in March.

Carter was not reinstated, and his profile did not appear in the Crimson Tide media guide that was released earlier this week.

Carter signed with Ohio State in 2009 and caught 13 passes for 176 yards and a touchdown for the Buckeyes. He left the program for academic reasons and transferred to Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »
Bbbbbut I thought he was the next Whoolio?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »
Bbbbbut I thought he was the next Whoolio?

No no no, that's OJ Howard now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
They didn't want him anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 07:06:20 PM »
c'mon man!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 05:42:38 AM »
I remember when BSspn had Duron on their Pre-Season Biletnikoff Award list last year...he wasn't even qualified, at that point, before they made their list...lol, fuckin dumbasses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs