Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Oldboy

Oldboy
« on: July 05, 2012, 11:03:30 AM »
Everyone told me this movie was a total mindfuck.  I wasn't that big of a fan.  My first thought when the twist was revealed was, "Well, that was predictable and kinda dumb." 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Oldboy
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »
Everyone told me this movie was a total mindfuck.  I wasn't that big of a fan.  My first thought when the twist was revealed was, "Well, that was predictable and kinda dumb."
I liked it. Found it to be a mindfuck. If your mind naturally went to where the ending went...I'm not sure I'da said that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:45:41 PM »
I liked it. Found it to be a mindfuck. If your mind naturally went to where the ending went...I'm not sure I'da said that.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

If you ever want to see this movie, don't read the rest of this. 

When he met the girl in the sushi bar, I thought, "That's his daughter." 

Also, the whole "You told someone about me fucking my sister, so I kidnapped you for fifteen years while secretly raising and hypnotizing your daughter so that one day, when you got out, I'd use an intricate CIA-level system of spying on you loving and fucking your own daughter" felt contrived.  The South Park episode "Scott Tennerman Must Die" was better in terms of revenge quality.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 12:46:53 PM »
Now, I'll admit that it was a great movie in terms of acting, music, directing, and cinematography.  It was a well-made movie.  Just the twist seemed too ridiculous to care about. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »
BTW, in terms of WTF Asian Cinema, I watched one of the weirdest fucking movies I've ever seen in my life this weekend.

I had already seen The Happiness of the Katukaris by this director, Takashi Miike, which was perhaps a bit more bizarre but less shocking. This weekend I saw one of his earlier films, Visitor Q.

This is not a recommendation. Just saying. It was weird as fuck and incredibly disturbing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions