Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Go Gatahs...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Go Gatahs...
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:52:35 AM »
No, really, these three apparently went to the Corrine Brown School.

Top UF football signees yet to report
By Robbie Andreu
Staff writer
Published: Friday, June 29, 2012 at 1:19 p.m.

Three of the highest-rated players in the 2012 Florida recruiting class, all defensive linemen, have yet to arrive in Gainesville due to academic issues.
Enlarge

Dante Fowler Jr. has not yet reported to UF. (JAMES BORCHUCK, Tampa Bay Times)

Five-star defensive ends Jonathan Bullard and Dante Fowler Jr. and four-star defensive tackle Dante Phillips were not allowed to report this week with the rest of the incoming freshmen, who have already undergone orientation and will begin Summer B classes Monday.

Bullard and Fowler did not return phone messages Friday. Phillips was contacted, but hung up when he learned it was a reporter on the line.

A UF official said Friday the school would not comment on any incoming freshmen until classes begin Monday.

Fowler's father, however, posted on a Rivals.com message board Thursday night that his son would arrive in Gainesville on Monday. Dante Fowler Jr. had to finish an online course earlier this week that was expected to be graded and sent on to the NCAA academic clearinghouse.

Bullard said Monday his academics were in order and he'd been cleared by UF to report to Gainesville and register for classes. Bullard said he expected to be in Gainesville on Tuesday, but he  never left his hometown of Shelby, N.C.

A source close to the situation told The Sun that Bullard has qualified academically, but that his paperwork was turned in late and he has not been cleared yet to enroll in classes.

A family member confirmed Bullard was still in Shelby on Friday, but would not comment on his status with UF.

If Bullard, Fowler and Phillips do not qualify academically, it would decimate the Gators' defensive line recruiting class, which was expected to provide much-needed depth along the defensive front.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=9113943
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Go Gatahs...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 12:04:59 PM »
If Flahda would just get that on line summer Sociology program going, all these guys could be on campus right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 01:05:57 PM »
Maybe Coach Boom retained the Tubs crootin' plan from the end of his tenure at Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 02:26:02 PM »
Maybe Coach Boom retained the Tubs crootin' plan from the end of his tenure at Auburn.

Not a bad way to go, you just keep resigning them year end and year out. Your stars rankings always look good. :starz:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 03:34:57 PM »
Not a bad way to go, you just keep resigning them year end and year out. Your stars rankings always look good. :starz:
Not anymore. Rivals re-ranks the teams after players qualify.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs