Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Nice Brandon Jacobs story

Nice Brandon Jacobs story
« on: June 21, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19392704/brandon-jacobs-repays-6yearold-who-sent-him-336-and-then-some

Beneath the gruff exterior, new 49ers running back Brandon Jacobs has a soft spot. (US PRESSWIRE)

Brandon Jacobs is known for a lot of things: his between-the-tackles running style, his sometimes surly demeanor and his willingness to speak his mind. But Jacobs, a 6-4, 265-pound running back who earned two Super Bowl rings with the Giants, also has a soft side.

This offseason, the Giants released Jacobs and he signed with the 49ers. It was a development that six-year-old Giants fan Joseph Armento wanted to avoid, and it explains why he sent Jacobs $3.36 so the team could afford to keep him in New York. Earlier this month, Jacobs posted Armento's letter to Twitter.

A 6-year-old Giants fan really wanted Jacobs to stay in New York (click to enlarge).    

On Wednesday, Jacobs repaid Armento for his kindness by treating him to an afternoon of bounce-house fun in Boonton, N.J. Details via the Sacramento Bee's Matt Barrows.

Jacobs was touched by the gesture and told Armento's mother, Julie, that he would be in New Jersey for a short time this week while he packed up his belongings and moved his family to the Bay Area. He thought his original idea for a meeting place, Chuck E. Cheese, might cause too much of scene. So they settled on a bounce house.

Jacobs brought his five-year-old son along, and the four kids -- Jacobs included -- played non-stop for nearly two hours. Julie Armento said no one even took a water break.

"[Jacobs] told me he really wanted to get out there with the kids," Armento's mother Julie told the Bee. "He really wanted to enjoy it, and he did. It was amazing."

It gets better: In addition to the day out with one of his favorite players, Jacobs also gave Joseph a signed Giants helmet and a five-dollar bill as repayment for the $3.36. That works out to a 49 percent return on Joseph's initial investment. Not too shabby.

Julie also said that she originally sent Joseph's letter in March but it was addressed to Candlestick Park and not the 49ers' Santa Clara practice facility. Which meant that Jacobs didn't see it until early June. He called the Armentos the next day.

"When we first spoke, he said that he was genuinely touched by the letter, that it almost brought him to tears," she said. "He said it came at just the right time for him."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Nice Brandon Jacobs story
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 04:06:49 PM »
Damn, will the thuggery that Auburn produces ever come to an end?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »
I'll bet he had that fake smile the whole time he was in the bouncy house too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 07:12:18 PM »
I'll bet he had that fake smile the whole time he was in the bouncy house too.

And he was probably thinking about robbing the kid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 10:46:44 PM »
Damn, will the thuggery that Auburn produces ever come to an end?

Have to share half of it with Southern Illinois.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg