Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Apple's new CEO is fucking up

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Apple's new CEO is fudgeing up
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 03:49:22 PM »
Um, Red Hat's version 9 didn't come out till March 31 of 2003. And as others have pointed out, Mac OS has BSD under the covers.
I couldn't remember the exact year, but you are correct. I was probably one of the only people to buy Redhat 9 at the Micro Center in Darien, IL ( I had dial-up then and refuse to wait on that download). However, it was being tested in December of '02. Now we have Fedora which is a continuation of the .rpm linux or Red Hat. I can't wait to try OpenBSD though.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:05:14 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Apple's new CEO is fucking up
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »
Someone just gave me a new i-Pad.  Well actually it was about 3 weeks ago but I just set it up today.  I think I'm gonna' like this thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 04:18:10 PM »
BF is just running off at the mouth. Apple is UNIX based just like Linux when it gets down to command line level. Except much more polished. More limited than Red hat and Android? Perhaps, but a much smoother product. And I've had them all. They all have their pros and cons and it just depends on what you are looking for. I was sick of all of the errors, instability and freeze ups from MS and Android. And whether people like it or not, Apple has forced the others to put better products out and upped the bar industry wide.

Command line yes. Apple is more limited than Froyo & Gingerbread for Android. I'm looking to try an Apple product one day (primarily for video rendering), however, I can't fucking afford them.

On cropdusting: Used to work with a guy that would eat pickled eggs, boiled cabbage, pintos and drink a 6'er of Bud heavy from time to time.  We all sat in what we called the "Bat Cave".  8 of us in one giant office.  There was no escape when he decided we needed torture.

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 04:19:44 PM »
Someone just gave me a new i-Pad.  Well actually it was about 3 weeks ago but I just set it up today.  I think I'm gonna' like this thing.

See how many apps you can run at one time. Pls let me know what you find out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 04:23:17 PM »
See how many apps you can run at one time. Pls let me know what you find out.

Both my iphone and ipad run multiple apps much more stable than any android I had. Just saying. But there are thing I liked about Froyo better. It was faster and had more power. You could tinker. But as far as a finished product and being seamless? Apple is #1 and it's not even close. Sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »
As most know on here, I'm technologically impaired.  I'll be lucky to find Angry Birds.  I hadn't taken it out of the box until our tech guy came by today to work on our interwebz.  I had him set it up and show me some stuff.  But hell, it was free.  We used a company to re-do our website and they gave it to me as a gift.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 04:50:44 PM »
We used a company to re-do our website and they gave it to me as a gift.

Any new pirate pics?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 05:00:20 PM »
Any new pirate pics?

RRRRrrrrrrrrrrr?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 05:08:27 PM »
As most know on here, I'm technologically impaired.  I'll be lucky to find Angry Birds.  I hadn't taken it out of the box until our tech guy came by today to work on our interwebz.  I had him set it up and show me some stuff.  But hell, it was free.  We used a company to re-do our website and they gave it to me as a gift.

Have fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 02:52:45 AM »
I picked up my new iPad today!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 11:04:53 AM »
I picked up my new iPad today!

Are your arms long enough to use it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 10:54:24 PM »
Iphone 5 will have a different connector for all of the accessories and charger. 19 pin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
Sorry there are certain things that Apple does better than PC.  Especially when it comes to video processing.  I have both and use both.  That being said Apple also pisses me off on a lot of their shit.  First off they are way too expensive.  The macbook pro is the tits but does not need to be $1800 for the base model, that's fucking asinine. 

Also the proprietary connectors and shit, drives me nuts. The fact that to buy an apple keyboard will run you $50 is bullshit.   The inside of the computer is not proprietary though, whoever said they were angry Apple went to intel over the motorola is wrong, the fact that they did is great actually.  It took the machine from being proprietary into being able to purchase outside drives and memory.  I have no problems working on mine, I just upgraded the memory to 8gigs and it took me less than 15 mins. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 10:35:05 AM »
Sorry there are certain things that Apple does better than PC.  Especially when it comes to video processing.  I have both and use both.  That being said Apple also pisses me off on a lot of their shit.  First off they are way too expensive.  The macbook pro is the tits but does not need to be $1800 for the base model, that's fucking asinine. 

Also the proprietary connectors and shit, drives me nuts. The fact that to buy an apple keyboard will run you $50 is bullshit.   The inside of the computer is not proprietary though, whoever said they were angry Apple went to intel over the motorola is wrong, the fact that they did is great actually.  It took the machine from being proprietary into being able to purchase outside drives and memory.  I have no problems working on mine, I just upgraded the memory to 8gigs and it took me less than 15 mins.

fanboy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 10:36:50 AM »
fanboy

Says the man with the Zune. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »
Says the man with the Zune.

Do not interpret me having Microsoft products as me not having problems with them. I just have more with Apple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 10:42:52 AM »
Do not interpret me having Microsoft products as me not having problems with them. I just have more with Apple.

Well WTF did I not just complain about Apple. Get Bill Gates dick out of yo ear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 11:02:26 AM »
I just upgraded the memory to 8gigs and it took me less than 15 mins.

Is that before or after mother nature fucked with you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »
Is that before or after mother nature fucked with you?

No that is my desktop, which is a PC which I am still trying to fix.  The fuckin Motherboard I had, which was fried, they no longer had at the store.  So I got another Mobo, however now I am having sound issues, as in I don't have any sound.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 11:43:56 AM »

That is true, what pissed me off about the whole thing, is that I was loving me some Apple at the time and I wanted to see them do something like buy out AMD so they wouldn't have to depend on someone from the outside to build their chipsets. You could always purchase and swap out memory, airport extreme cards and external drives with the G4's in the powerbooks and even the desktop models. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan