Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Random things that irritate the piss out of me

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Random things that irritate the piss out of me
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 10:31:30 AM »
Being the old codger that I am, there are many things I despise about where we've gone and where we're headed with technology.  It's true enough that the advances have made many things easier and there are an incredible amount of entertainment choices.  But in my view, it comes with a price. Things have become so impersonal and people simply don't talk anymore.  In our little mom and pop firm, mine and my partner's office are separated by one thin wall.  We email back and forth..too damn lazy to get up and walk 12 feet.  I spend my day making a ton of calls to people who simply won't pick up the phone.  But you can shoot an email to them and you may get a response.

I admit to texting a lot and part of me wonders why.  When texting became the big thing years ago, I used to ask my daughter, "Why don't you just dial the number and say what you've got to say?"  LOL, dad...LOL.  A couple of years ago, I was at the ballpark with mini snags for his game.  We were leaving and I stopped to watch this game for a second because something caught my eye.  At least half the kids out on the field would be considered morbidly obese.  Why?  Becasue going back and forth from the dugout to right field is the full extent of the exercise that chubby little Jacob gets.  Where is he the rest of the time?  Eating and sitting on his fat ass playing X-Box or Playstation or Guitar Hero.  While mini isn't fat by any means, he'd still choose X-Box over a back yard whiffle ball game 100 out of 100 times.  When's the last time you drove through a neighborhood and saw kids shooting baskets in the driveway?  There are kids all through our neighborhood....but you almost never see them outside.  Too many computers and games to play inside.

When we go to the beach for a week, I may catch 5 minutes of TV the entire time.  And that's just because Wes forces me to guzzle down cold draft beer in a sports bar with 15 TV's mounted throughout.  We got to the beach house last time and Mrs. Snags almost lost it.  "I can't log on....what's happening?  How will I bookface?  I'm not connected to the world anymore....what is this strange place?"  How bout' closing the laptop and let's hit the pool, or the beach, or take a bike ride, or meet Wes for cold draft beers?

I know the good far outweighs the bad and most of you younger people know not of which I speak.  You've grown up in this social media generation with some new advance to enjoy almost daily.  And here I sit, typing to a group of people, many of which I've never met with names like R2D2 and Snaggletiger and G4AU4500.  Do I love it?  Yes.  This is my diversion from work and stress and I've made a lot of good friends over the years.  But truthfully, it irritates the piss out of me that about 10 years from now, we're never going to leave the house for work or entertainment or just about anything.  We'll just lay in bed all day with some contraption hooked to our foreheads and communicate telepathically.

And no, I don't even know what 4G means.   

I know I see more kids outside playing "sports" when I drive near the projects or the black parts of town. Makes sense. Most of the black kids don't have as much so they tend to fall back on the primitive old school activities. I actually like this. Most of them don't have as many luxuries as the more well to do kids on the north side of town. I drive around that area and not a soul out in the yard or driveway. I can almost guarantee they are watching the LCD, on Facebook, Texting or on a gaming system. Maybe I am just using a broad brush but I also see fatter white kids. I rarely see a fat kid playing b-ball in the projects.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »
Pretty much everything.

Bad whiskey aggrevates me. Or Bourbon to the layperson.   :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »
I know I see more kids outside playing "sports" when I drive near the projects or the black parts of town. Makes sense. Most of the black kids don't have as much so they tend to fall back on the primitive old school activities. I actually like this. Most of them don't have as many luxuries as the more well to do kids on the north side of town. I drive around that area and not a soul out in the yard or driveway. I can almost guarantee they are watching the LCD, on Facebook, Texting or on a gaming system. Maybe I am just using a broad brush but I also see fatter white kids. I rarely see a fat kid playing b-ball in the projects.

A lot of truth in that.  You're naturally going to see more people outside, even if it's just sitting on the porch, in lower income areas simply because of not being able to afford to plunk down $300.00 on the latest gaming system then hundreds more on the actual games etc. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 10:44:20 AM »
My two oldest are like polar opposites. The youngest of the two is always outside tearing shit up, building forts, playing lazer tag, etc. The oldest? Sitting on his skinny ass not doing shit but on his Ipod texting or on Facebook.

What irritates me is when you ask your 15 yr old to do something and he half-asses it because he is fucking lazy.  :hulk:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 10:51:40 AM »
My two oldest are like polar opposites. The youngest of the two is always outside tearing shit up, building forts, playing lazer tag, etc. The oldest? Sitting on his skinny ass not doing shit but on his Ipod texting or on Facebook.

What irritates me is when you ask your 15 yr old to do something and he half-asses it because he is fucking lazy.  :hulk:

You need to take them down below the railroad tracks in Eufaula and let them spend a day playing b-ball with the black kids. It'll harden em up. Especially JoJo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 10:55:17 AM »
My wife talking to me when I'm on the computer.  Not sure why  she was not spoken to.

You need to get this shit dealt with.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:20:54 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 10:56:45 AM »
But truthfully, it irritates the piss out of me that about 10 years from now, we're never going to leave the house for work or entertainment or just about anything.  We'll just lay in bed all day with some contraption hooked to our foreheads and communicate telepathically.

And no, I don't even know what 4G means.   

WALL-E weeps......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 12:19:13 PM »
Staying on the technology theme...people directly in front of you who fail to see the light change becuase their head is down while they make that next urgent text.  Whut r u doin?  Nuthn lol.  wht r u doin'.  lol nuthn.  BWAAAAAAAAAAA.....GO you stupid bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 01:20:11 PM »
tomatoes on my sammich or burger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 01:37:20 PM »
Snaggletiger
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »
Snaggletiger

Bitch please.  You know you shiver in moist anticipation of my next post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 01:43:31 PM »
Snaggletiger

Cullman, that place just pisses me off.  Anyone who has ever been there will tell you the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »
Cullman, that place just pisses me off.  Anyone who has ever been there will tell you the same.

Piss Off.

Heading to the Nook tomorrow afternoon, you in?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 01:57:09 PM »

Yes. 90% of those that drive shouldn't. I have met Cullmans match though trust me. I think the very town I currently reside in is worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 01:58:13 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 02:04:25 PM »
Gingers.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »
Piss Off.

Heading to the Nook tomorrow afternoon, you in?

Shit, shit, shit, shit, SHIT!  I can't.  Sounds great though.  We (youself, AU_Tiger_2000 and myself) need to hit that place up one evening for sure.  I could go for a couple of Belzbuth's or some Abt 12 on tap.

fxt
:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 02:27:40 PM »
Being the old codger that I am, I truly hate when I try to have sex and my dick doesn't work.

I hate it when my dick wants to work and no ones around but me to have sex. (Internet)

It absolutely flames my ass when I let someone in while I am already on the road and they don’t simply acknowledge it with a wave of their hand. A simple thank you-I am already on the road I don’t owe you jack shit but I am kind enough to let you in. No thank you from you, you just fucked everybody the rest of the week.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »
Gingers.

What about Mexicanos? Do mexicanos aggrevate you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »
What about Mexicanos? Do mexicanos aggrevate you?

When she doesn't do what the fuck I say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'