Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

UGA VI is a dead dawg

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
UGA VI is a dead dawg
« on: June 28, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »
UGA mascot dies

Uga VI, the well-known University of Georgia mascot, suffered a heart attack and died Friday night in Savannah.

His owners, Cecelia and Frank "Sonny" Seiler and their children, were at his side.

Uga VI comes from a long-line of English Bulldogs who have served as the mascots for UGA. Uga VI had been mascot since 1999.

Uga VI is the son of Uga V, who was the only college mascot ever to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated. Uga V also appeared in the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil," where he stared as his father, Uga IV.

Burial for Uga VI is planned for Monday in Sanford Stadium at the University of Georgia.

http://savannahnow.com/node/524990
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: UGA VI is a dead dawg
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 02:40:04 AM »
That's definately not a good omen for their upcoming season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 03:18:22 AM »
That's definately not a good omen for their upcoming season.
Very big loss for Uga, almost as bad as Losing Soulja Boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Six

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 05:32:51 AM »
On a side note, his owner has gained great fame just by being his owner.  He was featured in the book and movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, set in Savannah, as the lawyer who defended Jim Williams. Because of his and Uga's role in the book, Seiler ended up being cast in the film as Judge White, and has since been cast in two other movies filmed in Savannah, The Legend of Bagger Vance and The Gingerbread Man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 08:39:11 AM »
On a side note, his owner has gained great fame just by being his owner.  He was featured in the book and movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, set in Savannah, as the lawyer who defended Jim Williams. Because of his and Uga's role in the book, Seiler ended up being cast in the film as Judge White, and has since been cast in two other movies filmed in Savannah, The Legend of Bagger Vance and The Gingerbread Man.

I bet you thought you'd never get the chance to share that useless bit of trivia. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 09:10:42 AM »
I bet you thought you'd never get the chance to share that useless bit of trivia. 

I keep my eyes open to share my vast wealth of useless knowledge.  If I knew more about art and the French, I could kick ass on Jeopardy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 09:37:26 AM »
There's another thread on another board where posters are asking a certain Georgia fan to pass on their condolences to the Georgia nation.

Prayers sent
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 09:46:10 AM »
There's another thread on another board where posters are asking a certain Georgia fan to pass on their condolences to the Georgia nation.

Prayers sent

Look, I don't want Tiger to die either but they are freakin' animals.  If you are getting that tore up over it you don't have nearly enough shit to worry about in your life. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 10:47:51 AM »
Look, I don't want Tiger to die either but they are freakin' animals.  If you are getting that tore up over it you don't have nearly enough shit to worry about in your life. 

No shit, he was a damn good dog and all, but Jesus Christ. Roll him off in a hole in the endzone and bring in the next one. It's not like there's a shortage of white bulldogs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 11:26:51 AM »
No shit, he was a damn good dog and all, but Jesus Christ. Roll him off in a hole in the endzone and bring in the next one. It's not like there's a shortage of white bulldogs.

Every asshole Georgia fan has one. 

Come here and look at my fat stupid dog.  He's from the UGA line!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.