Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2013 GRILLZ Ratings.....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
2013 GRILLZ Ratings.....
« on: May 26, 2012, 08:52:10 PM »
WE AMONG THE ELITES IN RECRUITING. WE BIG....REAL BIG!!!!

Here's my Grill list....Up to date, This is out of 6 Grillz....the 6th Grill is reserved for the Top Five prospects at their respective postion, JUCOs and Prep included.  If a prospect is #1 at his position, he'll be given a Pimp Cup....(ie Trey Johnson, Seantrel Henderson, Michael Dyer, Jelani Jenkins, Julio, Terrelle Pryor, etc.). If a prospect is #1 Overall, he'll also be given a Diamond Rope Chain w/ a Crown Pendant, the Unicorn of commitments....(ie Reuben Foster, Seantrel Henderson, Percy Harvin, Terrelle Pryor, Cameron Newton, La'El Collins, etc.). Clicking on the names will show the prospect's profile per Rivals.  Also, clicking on the Grillz Ratings will give a visual of the ratings.

As of July 18th, 2012, Auburn has 17 Commitments.

QB
Jeremy Johnson 6'6” 215lbs Montgomery, Ala. (5 Grillz)

RB
Jordan Wilkins 6'1” 210lbs. 4.41 40 Cordova, Tn. (5 Grillz)

FB

WR
Earnest Robinson 6'3" 205lbs. Pinson Valley, Ala. (6 Grillz)

TE
Arshad Jackson 6'6" 245lbs. Hampton, Ga. (5 Grillz)

OL

DE
*Carl Lawson 6'3" 250lbs. 420lb Bench & 315lb Power Clean Alpharetta, Ga. (6 Grillz and A Pimp Cup)*
*Dee Liner 6'2" 275lbs. Muscle Shoals, Ala. (6 Grillz)*
Tashawn Bower 6'4” 245lbs. Somerville, NJ (5 Grillz)

DT

LB
 *Reuben Foster 6'2” 245lbs. Auburn, Ala. (6 Grillz, a Pimp Cup and a Diamond Rope Chain w/ a Crown Pendant)*
 *Trey Johnson 6'1" 225lbs. Lawrenceville, Ga. (6 Grillz)*
Jarrad Davis 6'2" 210lbs. Kingsland, Ga. (5 Grillz)
Cameron Toney 6'3" 225lbs. Huntsville, Ala. (5 Grillz)

CB
Jahmere Irvin-Sills 5'10” 175lbs. Elkton, Md. (5 Grillz)
Kamryn Melton 5'11" 180lbs. 4.4 40 Dothan, Ala. (4 Grillz)

S
Lemond Johnson 6'1" 190lbs. 4.5 40 Cooper City, Fl. (4 Grillz)

ATH
Jason Smith 6'1” 185lbs. 4.47 40 Mobile, Ala. (5 Grillz)

K/P
*Daniel Carlson 6'5” 195lbs. Colorado Springs, Co. (6 Grillz and A Pimp Cup)*
*Jimmy Hutchinson 6'2" 175lbs. Kennesaw, Ga. (6 Grillz and A Pimp Cup)*

The "Shit Your Pants" Speed guys will be highlighted.....

Note:
On some of the New Commitments, I haven't seen their Highlight Videos....and their Senior Season will have a positive or negative affect on their ratings.  Also, I will not rate a player low just because his grades aren't good enough nor because he doesn't have enough "Big Offers".....Some schools do offer a kid verbally but not written, verbal offers usually aren't listed.

As of July 18th, here's where Auburn stands, listed by their Grillz rating:

6 Grillz, a Pimp Cup, and a Diamond Rope Chain w/ a Crown Pendant (Top Prospect Overall; HS, Juco, or Prep):
Reuben Foster, LB

6 Grillz and a Pimp Cup (Top Prospect at their position; HS, JUCO, or Prep):
Carl Lawson, DE
Daniel Carlson, K
Jimmy Hutchinson, P

6 Grillz (Top Five Prospect at their position; HS, JUCO, or Prep):
Earnest Robinson, WR
Dee Liner, DE
Trey Johnson, LB

5 Grillz (Top 25 Prospect at their position; HS, JUCO, or Prep):
Jeremy Johnson, QB
Jordan Wilkins, RB
Arshad Jackson, TE
Tashawn Bower, DE
Jarrad Davis, LB
Cameron Toney, LB
Jahmere Irvin-Sills, CB
Jason Smith, Ath

4 Grillz (Top 50 Prospect at their position; HS, JUCO, or Prep):
Kamryn Melton, CB
Lemond Johnson, S

3 Grillz (Top 75 Prospect at their position):

2 Grillz (Top 100 Prospect at their position):

1 Grill (Top 125 Prospect at their position):
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:26:55 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: 2013 GRILLZ Ratings.....
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:18:37 AM »
Bump, with 6-7 more prospects to go, this signing class will be a fuckin MONSTER.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 08:34:13 AM »
Bump, with 6-7 more prospects to go, this signing class will be a fuckin MONSTER.

Especially on the defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 05:28:31 PM »
Seeing all those stud LBs on the board gives me the vapors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »
Here's the remaining positions that Auburn will fill:
RB (1 or 2)
WR (1)
TE (1)
OL (1)
DT (1)
Safety (1)
Best Available (1 if only one RB signs)

IMO, Auburn will sign 23.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 09:02:17 PM »
Here's the remaining positions that Auburn will fill:
RB (1 or 2)
WR (1)
TE (1)
OL (1)
DT (1)
Safety (1)
Best Available (1 if only one RB signs)

IMO, Auburn will sign 23.

Are there some walkons going to get a scholly? With 25 available and how the roster has been low for the last several years, you'd think Auburn would sign 25.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
Are there some walkons going to get a scholly? With 25 available and how the roster has been low for the last several years, you'd think Auburn would sign 25.
Auburn will be at full strength (85 limit) with this upcoming class. My guess of 23 would put us over the limit (I'm thinking there'll be one, maybe two players that lose their scholarship or decide to give up football).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 11:50:26 PM »
Auburn will be at full strength (85 limit) with this upcoming class. My guess of 23 would put us over the limit (I'm thinking there'll be one, maybe two players that lose their scholarship or decide to give up football).

dear baby jesus,

please let it be clint moseley.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 01:16:09 AM »
dear baby jesus,

please let it be clint moseley.
If Zeke doesn't come back, I think Moseley will stay. Something's up with Jonathan Rose, he was sent home around the time that Zeke was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 11:42:36 PM »
If Zeke doesn't come back, I think Moseley will stay. Something's up with Jonathan Rose, he was sent home around the time that Zeke was.

Wasn't Rose one of the ones that was mentioned to be using spice when trial of Goodwin and crew came up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 03:56:31 AM »
Wasn't Rose one of the ones that was mentioned to be using spice when trial of Goodwin and crew came up?
I don't know, maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 09:51:32 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 11:25:04 AM »
We all know the Rivals rankings are inferior to the GRILLZ rankings, which I have no doubt have us firmly placed at #1.

However, I have to wonder how the hell these things are done.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2013/all/all

USC is fucking killing it at what seems to be an impossible level. Of their 14 commitments, 3 are 5-Stars and 11 are 4-Stars. Average Star rating of 4.21. How badly would we be creaming our pants over this, and we're amongst the perennial top recruiting staffs. Yet they're not #1? Michigan is with zero 5-Stars, 14 4-Stars, 6 3-Stars, and a presumed 2 2-Stars or lower.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3053

There are only a total of 17 5-Stars, of which USC and Auburn are tied for the most with 3 each. Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, and Texas have one each of the others who have committed. Six have not yet decided. USC has the overall #5, #6, & #8. We have the overall #2, #14, & #15.

I noticed that although we've done great with the 5 stars, the 4 stars are pretty thin, and we're pretty bottom heavy with 3 & 2 stars. Of the Top 10 Team rankings, two have 14 4-Stars, one has 11, five have 10, one has 9, and one has 8. We are noticeably below that with only two.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2013/auburn-75;_ylt=Ag40Ok28mYxNYNjpWfy4xe7wOrF_

I guess if you sign two kickers, they're going to stay at around 2 Stars, even if they're considered #1 at their position, as Jimmy Hutchinson is.

Which, if any, of our commitments are likely to get a bump before it's over and done with?

In summation,
:starz:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
We all know the Rivals rankings are inferior to the GRILLZ rankings, which I have no doubt have us firmly placed at #1.

USC is fucking killing it at what seems to be an impossible level. Of their 14 commitments, 3 are 5-Stars and 11 are 4-Stars. Average Star rating of 4.21. How badly would we be creaming our pants over this, and we're amongst the perennial top recruiting staffs. Yet they're not #1? Michigan is with zero 5-Stars, 14 4-Stars, 6 3-Stars, and a presumed 2 2-Stars or lower.

There are only a total of 17 5-Stars, of which USC and Auburn are tied for the most with 3 each. Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, and Texas have one each of the others who have committed. Six have not yet decided. USC has the overall #5, #6, & #8. We have the overall #2, #14, & #15.

I noticed that although we've done great with the 5 stars, the 4 stars are pretty thin, and we're pretty bottom heavy with 3 & 2 stars. Of the Top 10 Team rankings, two have 14 4-Stars, one has 11, five have 10, one has 9, and one has 8. We are noticeably below that with only two.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2013/auburn-75;_ylt=Ag40Ok28mYxNYNjpWfy4xe7wOrF_

I guess if you sign two kickers, they're going to stay at around 2 Stars, even if they're considered #1 at their position, as Jimmy Hutchinson is.

Which, if any, of our commitments are likely to get a bump before it's over and done with?

In summation,

Pure numbers. We all know USC has the best class out there, and it ain't even close. Fuck Rivals and their flawed logic. From top to bottom, it's hard to remember a class as stacked on talent as the one USC has right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »
I don't know, maybe.

Whose apartment were they at?  That is who I am thinking of.  I thought it was Jonathan Rose, but maybe someone else?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »
We all know the Rivals rankings are inferior to the GRILLZ rankings, which I have no doubt have us firmly placed at #1.It's funny we have had the #1 class since the grill ratings started

In summation,
Just another reason to support my, starz are complete and utter bunk as are the ranking systems.

Also these classes are all based on last years rankings correct, none of these guys have played their senior ball yet so starz are subject to change correct?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 01:41:05 PM »
Just another reason to support my, starz are complete and utter bunk as are the ranking systems.

Also these classes are all based on last years rankings correct, none of these guys have played their senior ball yet so starz are subject to change correct?
Yes sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 03:18:19 PM »
Pure numbers. We all know USC has the best class out there, and it ain't even close. Fuck Rivals and their flawed logic. From top to bottom, it's hard to remember a class as stacked on talent as the one USC has right now.
What USC is doing is incredible. Weren't they supposed to be crippled by probation, and don't they have dipshit Kiffin as a coach?

Don't want to sound like AsTheTrojansBust.com, but is anyone at the NCAA keeping an eye on them? I mean, unlike Auburn, they actually were found guilty of paying players pretty recently...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »
What USC is doing is incredible. Weren't they supposed to be crippled by probation, and don't they have dipshit Kiffin as a coach?

Don't want to sound like AsTheTrojansBust.com, but is anyone at the NCAA keeping an eye on them? I mean, unlike Auburn, they actually were found guilty of paying players pretty recently...

This is the thing with USC.  They have this year to make their run or they don't get another shot for three years.  Their front 22 are about as good as anybody's.  After that they have very little.  Usually title runs depend on depth or a whole lotta luck, or both.  The next few years is where their scholarship limitations are gonna show on the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 05:17:53 PM »
What USC is doing is incredible. Weren't they supposed to be crippled by probation, and don't they have dipshoot Kiffin as a coach?

USC has certain advantages

1. They're the premiere football school in California, which rivals Texas and Florida for HS talent.
2. They're in LA which is attractive to a lot of kids.
3. Lane Kiffin is brash and cocky which also appeals to a lot of kids.
4. They have Ed Orgeron who became his own internet meme, which also appeals to a lot of kids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.