Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Van Halen = Squabbling Bitches

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Van Halen = Squabbling Bitches
« on: May 24, 2012, 11:10:27 AM »
At least when KISS fought they finished the tours.  Peter might trash his drumkit on the last night, but they'd do every date on the schedule.

Van Halen?  "We're pissy, so fuck you, fans!"  30 dates cancelled, tour will end in a month or less.

This is reason #4,578 why KISS should be in the Rock Hall of Fame over bands like VH (and thousands  more).

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-beat-goes-on/posts/van-halen-cancels-30-dates-on-summer-tour

Sources told Rolling Stone that infighting between the band (i.e. between the Van Halen(s) and Roth) were brutal.  They “hate each other... band is arguing like mad,” the source told Rolling Stone.

Hey, it’s a relief to hear (though it's unconfirmed) that infighting rather than that Eddie Van Halen’s health is causing the cancellations, but it’s a shame that grown men in their 50s and 60s can’t figure out a way to make it on stage every night (for which they are paid millions of dollars over the course of the tour, by the way). If Aerosmith can do it, why can’t Van Halen?

It would also appear that the old lack of ticket sales would not be an issue. The tour was selling very well in most markets, if not completely selling out arenas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Van Halen = Squabbling Bitches
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »
At least when KISS fought they finished the tours.  Peter might trash his drumkit on the last night, but they'd do every date on the schedule.

Van Halen?  "We're pissy, so fuck you, fans!"  30 dates cancelled, tour will end in a month or less.

This is reason #4,578 why KISS should be in the Rock Hall of Fame over bands like VH (and thousands  more).

Fuck'em.  I liked Hagar better anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 11:23:52 AM »

Fuck'em.  I liked Hagar better anyway.

Blasphemy.  Hagar was an abomination.  It wasn't Van Halen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »

Whoa Whoa. I lost my virginity for the first time after a Van Hagar concert.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 11:42:47 AM »

Fuck you Hagar was good. Roth was good too, but so was Hagar.

It ain't fucking Roth or Hagar though who is the problem its fuckin Eddie Van Halen. Guy is an egomaniac.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »
Whoa Whoa. I lost my virginity for the first time after a Van Hagar concert.

Did you have some sort of Madonna moment later in life?   Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 11:47:02 AM »
Did you have some sort of Madonna moment later in life?   Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick....

The first time didn't really count, I found out later to my dismay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 11:48:08 AM »

You best pump your brakes son. Hagar is the man. None of that spandex sissy shit like Roth. Hagar was a true rock n roll front man in the mold of Robert Plant and Ozzy.

But yes, I agree with you on their bitchiness. EVH and his bro have always been this way. Its why Roth left. Its why Hagar left. Fuckers can't get their own egos out of the way.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:58:06 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 11:49:39 AM »

She's still trying to find someone to pop that cherry
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 12:03:23 PM »
Liked Hagar and Roth both equally well.   But back to the original point.  Fuck them for being middle school cheerleaders and fighting.   Shut the hell up and put out some music!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 12:07:51 PM »
Both Roth and Hagar put out some classics with VH.  And agree with AU1....just STFU and play music.  Last time I saw VH, many moons ago, Gary Cherone was the front man during his short-lived stint. I'm a big fan of Cherone and former band, Extreme.  However, VH needs a vocalist that's just as out front and as much a showman as EVH is a guitar playa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 12:08:27 PM »
Back that shit up. 

I liked the music that came out of the collaboration of the Van Halens and Hagar. 

But it was NOT Van Halen. 

KISS remains KISS with the exception of the Vinnie Vincent period when they probably should have renamed the band something else. 

Van Halen was completely different and less rockish IMO with Hagar.  Two completely different bands in tone.

Should have changed the name to Cabana Bob or something and not tried to "be" Van Halen.  They didn't even do any of the Roth era songs in concert (did they?). Pretending one was the other was an abomination.

I listen to Van Halen and Van Hagar in entirely different moods. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »

Then one day she meets this John Holmes motherfucker and it's like, whoa baby, I mean this cat is like Charles Bronson in the 'Great Escape', he's digging tunnels. Now, she's gettin' the serious dick action and she's feeling something she ain't felt since forever. Pain. Pain.

I got ya back yo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »
I listen to Van Halen and Van Hagar in entirely different moods.

So do I. When I want something that sounds like Spandex and Great White/80's hairbandish, then Roth it is. He's a great showman, no doubt.

When I want to hear something that sounds closer to Led Zepp, no strings attached fucking raw rock? Hagar. Dude is a pure fucking rocker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 01:27:29 PM »
Liked Hagar and Roth both equally well.   But back to the original point.  Fuck them for being middle school cheerleaders and fighting.   Shut the hell up and put out some music!

As GF eluded to, it's really just one guy with an ego problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 02:11:01 PM »
Then one day she meets this John Holmes motherfucker and it's like, whoa baby, I mean this cat is like Charles Bronson in the 'Great Escape', he's digging tunnels. Now, she's gettin' the serious dick action and she's feeling something she ain't felt since forever. Pain. Pain.

I got ya back yo.

Okay, first things fuckin' last!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 11:53:57 PM »
So do I. When I want something that sounds like Spandex and Great White/80's hairbandish, then Roth it is. He's a great showman, no doubt.

When I want to hear something that sounds closer to Led Zepp, no strings attached fucking raw rock? Hagar. Dude is a pure fucking rocker.

80s hairbandish?  No way in hell. 

Van Halen with Roth was not hairband or spandex sounding.  Not to me at least.

Van Hagar is more mellow.  I don't get "rock" at all with that.  Why Can't This Be Love?  When It's Love? Right Now? 

None of that is nearly as raw and honest as the Roth stuff.  I consider Van Hagar to be corporate rock. Commercially successful but pre-packaged.  Aerosmith fell into that same mode for a long time.  Not sure they ever got out of it honestly. 

Was hoping for a return to raw with Roth, but the tracks off the new CD don't really inspire me.  I heard the show was good, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »
80s hairbandish?  No way in hell. 

Van Halen with Roth was not hairband or spandex sounding.  Not to me at least.

Van Hagar is more mellow.  I don't get "rock" at all with that.  Why Can't This Be Love?  When It's Love? Right Now? 

None of that is nearly as raw and honest as the Roth stuff.  I consider Van Hagar to be corporate rock. Commercially successful but pre-packaged.  Aerosmith fell into that same mode for a long time.  Not sure they ever got out of it honestly. 

Was hoping for a return to raw with Roth, but the tracks off the new CD don't really inspire me.  I heard the show was good, though.

Yeah, come to think of it, I have no idea what made me think of hair and spandex.

BoobiedooBOP!

But the main point still holds true. Both were decent frontmen. EVH is an egotistical jerk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE