Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SNL Cast Overhaul?

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: SNL Cast Overhaul?
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2013, 02:34:54 PM »
Yep.  I have standards.  I expect to be entertained.  Much falls short of that basic standard. 

Was I entertained by SNL?  No. I was not.

For the last several years I've come to expect less from SNL. It is what it is. I have a tifwiw approach to it now. It's become low grade so I don't expect anything special. Shame it's gone downhill so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »
I'm old.  I was a senior in HS when SNL got cranked up.  Like many, I followed it religiously from its inception and probably kept up with it that way for about 15 years.  But with every passing year and more and more turnover in the cast, it became harder to keep the same interest.  Harder to try and latch on to or relate to the new characters and skits.  Plus, other options available for entertainment. 

That said, I've always been a fan of the live concept.  Growing up, The Carol Burnette Show was a similar type set up.  I doubt what we watched was actually live, but from everything I've seen and read, what we got was how it actually came off during the live taping in front of an audience.  Forget cussing, classless, irreverent humor (Which I do so enjoy), there is still nothing funnier than Tim Conway making Harvey Korman crack up during a sketch.  That was the beauty of "live".
What was it like when Charlie Chaplin first burst onto the scene? I bet that caused a bunch of shits and giggles. Were the theaters segregated?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2013, 04:16:11 PM »
What was it like when Charlie Chaplin first burst onto the scene? I bet that caused a bunch of shits and giggles. Were the theaters segregated?

I oughta' slug you
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2013, 06:12:12 PM »
What was it like when Charlie Chaplin first burst onto the scene?

Pure silence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2013, 04:12:57 PM »
By the way, this past weekend was I think the strongest episode this season.

They came out of the gates a little wobbly, but I think their coming into their own.

Seek it out if you still can.

My favorite skit was excluded from hulu, but I found it here.
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/2013/11/17/snl-worst-cover-songs-of-all-time-video/

Other good ones:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/560099
http://www.hulu.com/watch/560102
http://www.hulu.com/watch/560108
http://www.hulu.com/watch/560086
http://www.hulu.com/watch/560103
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:15:02 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2013, 05:57:58 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2013, 02:26:11 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2013, 11:06:45 PM »
Cecily is strong.

Like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2014, 03:37:05 PM »
Don't know if y'all have been living under a rock, but SNL got pressured into hiring a black chick.

I don't like the way she was just randomly tagged on in the middle of the season by herself. Seems very artificial and forced. Also, to show how progressive they are, she got more screen time in her first episode than some of the other featured players have, combined, all year. Remember, they typically ease featured players in very slowly. They rarely get more than a few throwaway straight-man lines per episode.

Anyway, all that said, I can tell from her performance this week that she'll be funny and I think she'll be a nice addition and an asset to the show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »
Seth Meyers was co-headwriter with Tina Fey in 2005 & 2006. From 2007-2012 he was the only head writer. From 2012 until next month when he takes over for Late Night, he has shared co-headwriter title with Colin Jost.

Today it was announced that Colin will take Seth's spot on update as well, alongside Cecily Strong.

Coin doing standup on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/colin-jost/n16714/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2014, 07:08:07 PM »
Coin doing standup on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/colin-jost/n16714/

I didn't see Coin anywhere in that?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
Thoughts from Saturday:

Melissa McCarthy is morbidly, grossly, obscenely, disgustingly obese.  She's also about as funny as a canker sore.

Seth Myers' last Weekend Update was very meh.  His last joke was a dud.  Nice to see Poehler and Stefon return (unfunnily unfortunately) to bid him adieu. Could have done without Samberg's awkward insertion into that segment. Sad that Tina didn't come back for that brief moment.  Kind of a lame way to send him out. 

The rest of the show was pretty awful after the opening air ninja monologue.  Watching that McCarthy hippo noisily and sloppily cram food in its enormous mug loses its appeal about two minutes before it begins. 

Putting her in skits with the other big sow was moo overkill. 

McCarthy's just a terrible host.  She has one character basically, a female Chris Farley except more vulgar and not as funny.  Seymour ODs and she keeps on piloting the diabetes shuttle.  Sometimes the world isn't fair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2014, 04:41:41 PM »
Thoughts from Saturday:

Melissa McCarthy is morbidly, grossly, obscenely, disgustingly obese.  She's also about as funny as a canker sore.

Seth Myers' last Weekend Update was very meh.  His last joke was a dud.  Nice to see Poehler and Stefon return (unfunnily unfortunately) to bid him adieu. Could have done without Samberg's awkward insertion into that segment. Sad that Tina didn't come back for that brief moment.  Kind of a lame way to send him out. 

The rest of the show was pretty awful after the opening air ninja monologue.  Watching that McCarthy hippo noisily and sloppily cram food in its enormous mug loses its appeal about two minutes before it begins. 

Putting her in skits with the other big sow was moo overkill. 

McCarthy's just a terrible host.  She has one character basically, a female Chris Farley except more vulgar and not as funny.  Seymour ODs and she keeps on piloting the diabetes shuttle.  Sometimes the world isn't fair.

Thank you. Thought for a while I was solo in having that opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2014, 08:37:06 PM »
Thank you. Thought for a while I was solo in having that opinion.
Now if it were her nose that was disgustingly huge instead of her gut and ass, K would be all up in dat shit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2014, 06:03:37 PM »
The new cast is great, but the writing is fucking terrible.

The one-two punch of losing Jon Mulaney & Seth Myers within a year has effectively brought the writing down to early 80s level bad.

The bright spots are the ones clearly written & starring Beck Bennett & Kyle Mooney. These were the only two skits I laughed at this week.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/flirty/2770800

and

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/2014/04/06/snl-ncaa-best-of-the-white-guys-dvd-ad-video/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2014, 01:19:32 PM »
Finally watched an episode this season.  All I have to say is FUCKING AWFUL. 

Every sketch fell ridiculously flat. 

Amy Adams couldn't save it.

Mike Meyers showing up as the only thing he was worth a shit at (and wasn't really worth a shit as that) couldn't save it. 

Kristen Wiig showing up and being in several skits couldn't save it. 

Fred Armisen showing up in several sketches couldn't save it. 

They fucked up royally with the pairing on Weekend Update.  It was great with Tina and Jimmy, great with Tina and Amy, faltered with Amy and Horatio, great with Seth and Amy, great with Seth, pretty good with Seth and Cecily, okay with Cecily and Colin Jost (she was the better half). 

It's unbearable with Colin Jost and Michael Che.  The black guy is abysmal.  He pronounced the word "sedative" as suh-DATE-ive on this episode and generally fucked up every joke.  He's awful.  Quotas can suck my ass.  Quality is what matters and he's simply terrible no matter what color he is.

It's back to Gail Matthius/Charles Rocket suckage.  Who, you ask?  Exactly I say. 

The entire cast is terrible. 

Taran "I'm boning superhot Cobie" Killam is okay, but in a strong cast he would be a second or third level bit player.  He's featured here.  That's a bad sign.

Cecily Strong is pretty strong in certain roles.  I also like lesbian blondie in some parts.  Jay Pharoah does okay in select settings.  But the rest?  Jesus Christ. 

Fat white bitch is hideous.  Fat black boy should go back to BurgerTime.  Moynihan sucks horribly.  Vanessa Bayer is absolutely grating.  I'd like to punch that overused jewish boy act in the schmeckle.  Every one of these chumps is awful. 

The show is pretty much unwatchable.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2014, 02:12:32 PM »
Finally watched an episode this season.  All I have to say is FUCKING AWFUL. 

Every sketch fell ridiculously flat. 

Amy Adams couldn't save it.

Mike Meyers showing up as the only thing he was worth a shit at (and wasn't really worth a shit as that) couldn't save it. 

Kristen Wiig showing up and being in several skits couldn't save it. 

Fred Armisen showing up in several sketches couldn't save it. 

They fucked up royally with the pairing on Weekend Update.  It was great with Tina and Jimmy, great with Tina and Amy, faltered with Amy and Horatio, great with Seth and Amy, great with Seth, pretty good with Seth and Cecily, okay with Cecily and Colin Jost (she was the better half). 

It's unbearable with Colin Jost and Michael Che.  The black guy is abysmal.  He pronounced the word "sedative" as suh-DATE-ive on this episode and generally fucked up every joke.  He's awful.  Quotas can suck my ass.  Quality is what matters and he's simply terrible no matter what color he is.

It's back to Gail Matthius/Charles Rocket suckage.  Who, you ask?  Exactly I say. 

The entire cast is terrible. 

Taran "I'm boning superhot Cobie" Killam is okay, but in a strong cast he would be a second or third level bit player.  He's featured here.  That's a bad sign.

Cecily Strong is pretty strong in certain roles.  I also like lesbian blondie in some parts.  Jay Pharoah does okay in select settings.  But the rest?  Jesus Christ. 

Fat white bitch is hideous.  Fat black boy should go back to BurgerTime.  Moynihan sucks horribly.  Vanessa Bayer is absolutely grating.  I'd like to punch that overused jewish boy act in the schmeckle.  Every one of these chumps is awful. 

The show is pretty much unwatchable.
Let's see, this post is offensive to: blacks, jews, fat white women, gays and the current cast of SNL. Based on the sheer amount of offensiveness, I would say that this is some of your better work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Vandy Vol

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2014, 12:27:54 AM »
Let's see, this post is offensive to: blacks, jews, fat white women, gays and the current cast of SNL. Based on the sheer amount of offensiveness, I would say that this is some of your better work.

Just wait until a fat, gay, black Jew wearing a tomato hat is on the news complaining about the white police and immigration barriers.  Spontaneous human combustion would occur.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2014, 08:34:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg