Why JJ Kennedy of CFN Dislikes Bammers

Aubie16

Why JJ Kennedy of CFN Dislikes Bammers
« on: June 25, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »
Why I Really Dislike Alabama Fans

By JJ Kennedy
CollegeFootballNews.com
Posted Jun 21, 2008

It's now June, and we're in the equivalent of what I call Sports Purgatory. In this reflective, and boring state where we're forced to watch Baseball highlights on Sportscenter, I find myself longing for College Football which is both a good and bad thing. Good because college football is the greatest sport known to man and bad because I live in the state of Alabama (the Northeast part) which is infested with delusional Alabama fans.

Now, before all of you University of Alabama fans pick up your empty beer bottles to hurl at me - allow me to disclaim: I have actually met and know some Alabama fans that are great people and exercise some semblance of common sense. Unfortunately, they are vastly overshadowed by the sheer density (I use that word specifically) of the Neck Nation who will be out in force on Sundays at your nearest NASCAR "event". Should you ever attempt a conversation with this rare tribe of people, they will likely respond to facts about the sheer mediocrity of their team by saying "Roll Tide" (the school's battle cry). Moreover, it seems they never quite escaped the year 1992 as evidenced by a great majority still sporting "the mullet".

*mullet - the official hairstyle of the University of Alabama.

I digress...In the Spirit of Sports Purgatory, and in response to the environment I dwell in amongst my 'Bama brethren, I give you my Top 3 reasons why I Hate Alabama Fans:

1. There's an excuse for everything.

I remember observing Auburn fans during their miserable run between Terry Bowden and Tommy Tuberville's tenor and the statement I heard most often was, "We're just terrible right now" or something similar. In the last 8 years, I have heard every reason conceivable to man why Alabama is horrible including "scholarships being cut", "If Brodie hadn't been hurt", "We had a bad coach", and it just keeps going. Those are great excuses, but the reason Alabama is losing so much is that they're just not good. Case closed.

2. They don't quit talking.

Now this is just me, but if my team had been beaten 6 years in a row by my archrival - I would like to think that somewhere around year 3, I would just shut up. I remember last season when Alabama had beaten Tennessee and Auburn was coming off its poor start against South Florida and Mississippi State and you would have thought that the last 5 years had just not happened. Of course, that was weeks before that all-inspiring $4 million dollar 7-6 finish. I will say that after the UL-Monroe debacle, they did go into hiding for a few hours, but the next day the NASCAR stadium was full and beers were still being sold so you knew they were alive and kicking.

3. They refuse to deal with facts.

It's simply insane if you take the time to do any research at all how ludicrous and subjective The University of Alabama's football tradition really is. Consider these facts, and because it seems to really bother Alabama fans, I will use Auburn in my comparisons: In my lifetime of almost 30 years, Alabama is 13-16 against Auburn. In that same period of time, Auburn has won more SEC Championships, been undefeated twice, and beaten Alabama more times than they've lost. Do you want to know what the typical response to these facts are? "Got 12?". Powerful.

So, in conclusion, let's talk our smack - raise our flags, fire up the grill, buy our favorite preseason Magazines for College Football and endure Purgatory.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/763978.html
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:00:36 AM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Why JJ Kennedy of CFN Dislikes Bammers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 06:10:10 AM »
I think I've got a tear in my eye.  That was beautiful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 06:20:43 AM »
I think I've got a tear in my eye.  That was beautiful.
I dont spit game, I just speak the truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 07:31:34 AM »
I'm getting sexually excited
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 08:44:56 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 08:47:58 AM »
Too bad dude's house will be egged this afternoon.  That was AWESOME.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Aubie16

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 10:01:13 AM »
Is there a link for this?

No I couldnt find one. It was an email that was sent to me. There is a good possibility that this wasn't from a writer with cfn. Still some good stuff.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:59:37 AM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 10:55:29 AM »
You know the rules 16.  No link..no post.  Now, go fist yourself....and your dog for good measure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Aubie16

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 11:01:28 AM »
Found it. Link is added to the original post.

Now my dog hates me for nothing...  :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 11:05:52 AM »
You know the rules 16.  No link..no post.  Now, go fist yourself....and your dog for good measure.
Yeah, I could give a shit about that, it was more about being able to post a valid source to rub salt in a few bammer's wounds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »
Yeah, I could give a shit about that, it was more about being able to post a valid source to rub salt in a few bammer's wounds.

And now you can. Go forth and spread the misery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 11:31:11 AM »

I don't like your tone.  Go fist Taylor
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 11:40:10 AM »
I don't like your tone.  Go fist Taylor

I thought it was supposed to be punishment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."