Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NFL Draft

Token

NFL Draft
« on: April 28, 2012, 11:09:59 PM »
I'm an avid Boise State hater.  I'm tired of hearing about them, I'm tired of watching them play a halfway decent team to start the season, beat them, and hear everyone act like they could win 10 games in a strong conference.  I hate them. That said, it's damn impressive to see 6 of their players get drafted.  Maybe I've been too harsh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Re: NFL Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:27:45 AM »
I'm an avid Boise State hater.  I'm tired of hearing about them, I'm tired of watching them play a halfway decent team to start the season, beat them, and hear everyone act like they could win 10 games in a strong conference.  I hate them. That said, it's damn impressive to see 6 of their players get drafted.  Maybe I've been too harsh?

If you hate them, then it can't be too harsh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »

No need to hate them, and it's too harsh.

They're doing everything they can to join the big boy league, and they've added more to their resume with this year's NFL draft.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »

They're doing everything they can to join the big boy league, and they've added more to their resume with this year's NFL draft.

Haters should never let facts get in the way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 11:02:22 AM »

Their resume to sit at the big boy table should be solely a product of who they can beat on the field...over the course of an entire season.  I don't give a rat's fart how many kids they can put in the league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 11:03:28 AM »

I have been with you for the most part. The love fest over them and others like them is pretty tiresome, but I have to say that until the ncaa figures out how to give everyone a fair shake when it comes to competition then I am kind of in their corner.

As it stands now unless you are one of about 30 teams you are not rewarded for doing all that is expected of you in your schedule.  I don't like that. I am not going to bash them for not playing in the sec or another tougher conference.  The ncaa built this Shit sandwich and its high time they had to take a bite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 12:45:05 PM »
I have been with you for the most part. The love fest over them and others like them is pretty tiresome, but I have to say that until the ncaa figures out how to give everyone a fair shake when it comes to competition then I am kind of in their corner.

As it stands now unless you are one of about 30 teams you are not rewarded for doing all that is expected of you in your schedule.  I don't like that. I am not going to bash them for not playing in the sec or another tougher conference.  The ncaa built this Shit sandwich and its high time they had to take a bite.
Amen!

The logical step would be an 8 team championship playoff that has the champions from each of the major Division 1 conferences  duking it out on the field to settle this thing fair & square. Everyone else goes to a bowl - provided they qualify. Drop 2 of the bullshit cupcake games from the regular season to keep the maximum number of games played at 14. Champs play 14, everyone else plays 11.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:48:36 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
A underrated player to watch out for is WR Cody Pearcy, signed as a priority free agent with the Atlanta Falcons. He became the first Huntingdon College, Alabama player to sign with a NFL team. He'll become the first one to play in the NFL too...think Wes Welker or Tim Dwight.

Pearcy, a Phenix City native who played at Glenwood, ran the 40-yard dash in 4.31 seconds, faster than any receiver at the NFL combine. His vertical jump measured 44 inches, better than any player in Indianapolis.

And that short shuttle, at 3.76 seconds, is one of the fastest in the combine's history.

"The technique, on the line," Collins says in the Youtube video of Pearcy's workout, "as soon as he hit it, he was going the other way."

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/04/25/2025980/glenwood-grad-cody-pearcy-a-surprise.html#storylink=cpy

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 05:49:39 PM »
A underrated player to watch out for is WR Cody Pearcy, signed as a priority free agent with the Atlanta Falcons. He became the first Huntingdon College, Alabama player to sign with a NFL team. He'll become the first one to play in the NFL too...think Wes Welker or Tim Dwight.

In one of those pre draft draft prediction shows, Bill Parcells was asked who to look out for as a possible surprise in the undrafted free agent market, and he mentioned just this kid.  Hope it works out for him.  He's a speedster, but very small.  If I recall, Huntingdon had him listed at 5-10 and @160 lbs.   He's definitely Tim Dwight like.  At 4.3 speed, he's a lot faster than Welker's 4.6.  If Pearcy is fearless, he can make it as a returner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 01:52:56 PM »
Just going by memory here.  Bama lost:

tRent
Barron
High Tire
Dr. Dre
Courtney Slapshaw
Chapman
Vlahoes (sp?)
Markweeesss
Laptop Harris
Menzie
Philon Jones
McCutcheon (May not be the name...something like that)

Am I missing anyone?  Do you care?  Pretty hefty losses and now the back up QB is transfering to Virginia.  I know they roll 12 deep at every position but is this going to be somewhat of a rebuilding job?  Has to be.  At least 10 of those are starters.  Did they lose anyone else?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »
So 6 Boyzee players got drafted and Kellen Moore wasn't one of them?  I heard today he signed a free agent contract with Detroit.  I know these scouts and analysts know far better than me what they're looking for.  But, I'm a believer that if you can play, you can play, no matter what your size or strength.  Moore is easily the most accurate passer I've ever seen.  I know much of what he's done is a product of their system, but you still have to make the throws.  And he damn sure made all the throws.  I really have a feeling if he does make it in Detroit, if he gets his shot, he might surprise everyone. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 02:06:41 PM »
Just going by memory here.  Bama lost:

tRent
Barron
High Tire
Dr. Dre
Courtney Slapshaw
Chapman
Vlahoes (sp?)
Markweeesss
Laptop Harris
Menzie
Philon Jones
McCutcheon (May not be the name...something like that)

Am I missing anyone?  Do you care?  Pretty hefty losses and now the back up QB is transfering to Virginia.  I know they roll 12 deep at every position but is this going to be somewhat of a rebuilding job?  Has to be.  At least 10 of those are starters.  Did they lose anyone else?
They are losing a lot of "starters" but their backups do have some game experience. They're looking at somewhat of a rebuilding/reloading year (9-3/10-2)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »
They are losing a lot of "starters" but their backups do have some game experience. They're looking at somewhat of a rebuilding/reloading year (9-3/10-2)

Who's going to beat them? 

I'm not saying they roll 12 deep with NFL starters, but I only know of LSU being capable of taking them out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »

I'm not saying they roll 12 deep with NFL starters, but I only know of LSU being capable of taking them out.

Cause Pawwwl we all knowz that Chiznit and dem Aubrens aint gon be able-tuh to do anythang with tha tahd cause all that talent we got.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 02:25:28 PM »
That's an awful lot of leadership and experience though.  Just my take but 2010 doesn't happen without the experience we had across the defense.  Roof sucked ballz.  They won despite his screwed up defensive philosophy.  I truly believe in several games, the seniors like Josh Bynes and Coleman and Blanc etc. just said the hell with it, enough is enough...and they lined up and whipped the guy in front of them.  Losing a lot of these guys who have been through the wars and seen it all has to be hard to replace. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 03:23:23 PM »

They are the favorite along with LSU to win the West, but they have some challenges. 

I am sure they will be favored in all of these games, but I don't consider them wins outright.
Michigan - Neutral Site
Arkansas - at Arkansas
LSU - at Baton Rouge
Auburn - at BDS

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 03:31:27 PM »
Does Nick Saban have pictures of Mel Kiper fucking a lemur? 

All that helmet-haired bastard has done since January is blab about Saban and the players at Alabama.  Of course we know what a magnificent judge of talent this assclown is (find archived footage from any NFL draft and laugh at his utter stupidity), but why has he latched on to Saban's scrotum like a dehydrated leech?

I saw his recap today where he picked the "big winners" in the draft.  He chose every team that selected an Alabama player and his rationale was typically that they "won" the draft because they chose a UA clown.  He's an idiot and here's why.

Richardson - May have a decent season or two with a shitty team, but they will ride him like a carnival pony and his wheels (which aren't that great) will fall off.   Worthy of a number three?  No.  Ben Tate was as good or better than both Richardson and Ingram (definitely better than Ingram).

Barron - Okay pick by Tampa.  Decent safety with injury concerns and speed issues on a team with a shitty defense.  May be the last time we ever hear his name.  At least has the opportunity to have moderate impact.

Dre -  Both Cheech AND Chong approve of this hazy pick.  Thug goes to thug team.  It's a perfect marriage, and doomed from the start. Dre will vanish into the system. 

Hightower - Only one of the first four I expect to have any kind of sustained success.  Went to a good program that can maximize his mediocre skills.

And the one that all turds bitched should have been first round?

Upshaw - No idea where this thug ass piece of shit landed but the team that selected him is today worse off than it was before the draft. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
They are the favorite along with LSU to win the West, but they have some challenges. 

I am sure they will be favored in all of these games, but I don't consider them wins outright.
Michigan - Neutral Site
Arkansas - at Arkansas
LSU - at Baton Rouge
Auburn - at BDS

It appears that Denard Robinson is back with MeatChicken for his 17th season.  I love it when a guy plays his entire career with one organization.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »
Does Nick Saban have pictures of Mel Kiper fucking a lemur? 

All that helmet-haired bastard has done since January is blab about Saban and the players at Alabama.  Of course we know what a magnificent judge of talent this assclown is (find archived footage from any NFL draft and laugh at his utter stupidity), but why has he latched on to Saban's scrotum like a dehydrated leech?

I saw his recap today where he picked the "big winners" in the draft.  He chose every team that selected an Alabama player and his rationale was typically that they "won" the draft because they chose a UA clown.  He's an idiot and here's why.

Richardson - May have a decent season or two with a shitty team, but they will ride him like a carnival pony and his wheels (which aren't that great) will fall off.   Worthy of a number three?  No.  Ben Tate was as good or better than both Richardson and Ingram (definitely better than Ingram).

Barron - Okay pick by Tampa.  Decent safety with injury concerns and speed issues on a team with a shitty defense.  May be the last time we ever hear his name.  At least has the opportunity to have moderate impact.

Dre -  Both Cheech AND Chong approve of this hazy pick.  Thug goes to thug team.  It's a perfect marriage, and doomed from the start. Dre will vanish into the system. 

Hightower - Only one of the first four I expect to have any kind of sustained success.  Went to a good program that can maximize his mediocre skills.

And the one that all turds bitched should have been first round?

Upshaw - No idea where this thug ass piece of shit landed but the team that selected him is today worse off than it was before the draft.

Kiper is wrong more times than not. McShay usually owns hims and he knows it.

Speaking of thuggy UAT players, word from Big D is that Jerry Jones traded up to 6 to avoid getting Barron or Kirkpatrick (also former UF DB Janoris Jenkins) because Clairborne or Gilmore were good character picks at CB, and he knew neither would be available at 14 (and he was right). Is that how you know you've made it as a thug nowadays - when even Jerry Jones has issues with your character and shies away? Wow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 04:13:44 PM »
I've got very little hair left.  But I wouldn't trade for a full head of the stuff if I had to go through life looking like Mel Kiper. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions