Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Honestly Think..

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I Honestly Think..
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:16:53 AM »
it takes effort.  People who seem to go out of their way to butcher the Engrish ranguage chaffe my lederhosen.  Yesterday, I got a call on the way home to pick up a couple of things and against my better judgment, pulled into the Dollar General....the poor man's Wal Marks.  Grabbed what I needed and got in line behind two Bubba's that struck up a conversation.  One noticed the other had a heavily bandaged finger.  No exaggeration on the translation below:

Wuhdjew do, tryin' cutcher fanger off?

Got it caught in a saw at werk an bout cut it clean off

I know ass rat.  I bowt did thuh same thang lass year.  At doc couldn't even sew it up.  Tried to numb it but it ain't did no good.  Put whut I call yer eepoxy on thar to seal it up.

I know ass rat.  Mine uz hangin' on juss barely an you could see thuh bone from thar to thar.

I know ass rat.

Had a black lady come in my office a couple of days ago on a wreck case.  She referred her friend, who was also in the car, to us.  Her white friend came in and when she opened her mouth, she sounded eerily like Mike Tyson.

I wah jus sittinair, ain't doin' nuffin....you know what I'm sayin'?  an iss dude cuns up an like blam, hissus frun behind, you know what I'm sayin'....I'm like I ono whus happnin'..you know what I'm sayin'

:facepalm:

How hard is it to just speak...somewhat normally, for lack of a better term?  I know some of it is cultural but sometimes I think a person just makes the decision that they're going to go through life intentionally sounding like a fucking idiot?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: I Honestly Think..
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »
I speak jive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:24:52 AM »
I speak jive.

Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:30:13 AM »
Have you ever wondered....why you are racist?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »
Have you ever wondered....why you are racist?

I know ass rat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 11:44:49 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »
There is a serious class divide going on in this country right now.  You see it in things like the Trayvon Martin case and also in the current Baldwin County situation with Summer Moody. 

There is an entire underclass of people who embrace and celebrate their ignorance.  You hear it every day on Finebaum when he hypocritically rails against "snobs in their ivory towers."   If you have money, if you speak well, if you are educated it is reaching the point that you either have to hide that fact in large public gatherings or you have to stay only with "your kind."   

This underclass revels in spitting in your educated face and purposely makes use of mangled grammar, slang speech and vulgarities as a way of identifying where they belong.  It's not that they don't know better, they choose it consciously.   

This class division transcends race.  It's ground warfare fueled by politicians who hurl verbal spears at the evil rich, it's propagated by Hollywood films which portray greedy, immoral rich trampling on the highly principled and downtrodden (lies).  Corporations are demons.  Business owners are heartless devils taking advantage of Joe Worker. 

There's a tremendous resentment brewing.  Even on my own staff, most of whom are fairly well educated, there's a surly undercurrent if I take a day off.  There's this sense of "well if it warn't for me, that sumbitch wouldn't have no damn nice car and no vacation..."  They forget that it's MY risk that created the business and that I'll do just fine without them all.  I can hire others to do what they do. 

Yesterday I'm at lunch.  On one side of me is a table full of grease-stained, name-tag on the shirt bubbas.  On the other side a table full of banker/accountant types. 

Both tables were talking about the Summer Moody case. 

From the Bubbas:  "They orta arrest them basturds what wuz up in that damn fishin' camp shootin' people for no fuckin' reason.  Rich sumbitches care more bout their damn stuff than they do anything.  But fuck naw, they gonna get away with it.  Prolly take the fuckin' DA fishin' out yonder in one a their damn high society cabins.  Gonna bury them poor damn kids in prison for just fuckin' around and bein' kids, and that girl prolly gonna die.  Rich bastards always gets away with shit." 

From the Bankers:  "Hate what happened to the girl, but you've got to ask yourself what she's doing out with a crew of boys at 4 in the morning breaking into people's cabins.  That's a lack of parental responsibility.  If anybody needs to be charged it's the parents for failing to supervise their children.  Don't know what happened, but if the property owners were in fear for their lives, they had every right to protect themselves." 

Race isn't going to be the real war no matter what Charlie Manson said.  There's going to be a class war eventually.  Too many people think those of us who work hard for what we get are really just Marie Antionette eating cake that their labor created.  You can thank President Allah Akbar for part of that. 

And for the record?  The vast majority of the underclass in this state swears fealty to Bahr.  It's literally 20-1. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:45:27 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 01:45:31 PM »
Obama's definitely perpetuating it.  It's rampant though.  I wholeheartedly agree with your post. 

And it's not that no one wants to have a boss.  People feel they're above having one despite their ineptitude to accomplish a task on their own.

Banana Republic, here we come.  Then the idiots can claim they were right the entire time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 01:48:54 PM »
Banana Republic, here we come.  Then the idiots can claim they were right the entire time.

Correct...and correct.

Communists still say their way would work as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »
I speak jive.
Chump don' want no help, chump don't get da' help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »
That was really deeper than I was thinking K, but I guess that really strikes at the core of the reasons for it.  We had a lady working here several years ago.  Good worker, no problems there.  One day out of the blue, she hands in her resignation.  My partner and I call her in to discuss it, thinking she found something else...wants to be a stay at home mom....going back to school...any number of things. 

She very emphatically said, "I see you two building your big houses and driving your nice cars (I have a beat up ass 2001 Expedition with 165,000 miles) and I deserve that too.  I'm doing the work to make that money for you and I deserve my share." 

We were stunned.  I told her that's fine..."as soon as you go to college, which you didn't, and then spend the next 3-4 years in law school taking out at least $100K in loans and seeing your family for a few hours a week and then, if you get through that...passing that little 3-day pop quiz they give at the end called The Bar...then come back and we'll talk."

We opened the door for her to leave and promptly hired someone else who's worked for us ever since and happy to have a job.  Obviously, I'm not saying everyone has to go to college to make it in this world.  You can do whatever you want to do and make whatever you want to make out of yourself.  That's just the path I chose to try and succeed.  But to actually hear that attitude from someone just floored me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:52:40 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 02:51:31 PM »
There is a serious class divide going on in this country right now.  You see it in things like the Trayvon Martin case and also in the current Baldwin County situation with Summer Moody. 

There is an entire underclass of people who embrace and celebrate their ignorance.  You hear it every day on Finebaum when he hypocritically rails against "snobs in their ivory towers."   If you have money, if you speak well, if you are educated it is reaching the point that you either have to hide that fact in large public gatherings or you have to stay only with "your kind."   

This underclass revels in spitting in your educated face and purposely makes use of mangled grammar, slang speech and vulgarities as a way of identifying where they belong.  It's not that they don't know better, they choose it consciously.   

This class division transcends race.  It's ground warfare fueled by politicians who hurl verbal spears at the evil rich, it's propagated by Hollywood films which portray greedy, immoral rich trampling on the highly principled and downtrodden (lies).  Corporations are demons.  Business owners are heartless devils taking advantage of Joe Worker. 

There's a tremendous resentment brewing.  Even on my own staff, most of whom are fairly well educated, there's a surly undercurrent if I take a day off.  There's this sense of "well if it warn't for me, that sumbitch wouldn't have no damn nice car and no vacation..."  They forget that it's MY risk that created the business and that I'll do just fine without them all.  I can hire others to do what they do. 

Yesterday I'm at lunch.  On one side of me is a table full of grease-stained, name-tag on the shirt bubbas.  On the other side a table full of banker/accountant types. 

Both tables were talking about the Summer Moody case. 

From the Bubbas:  "They orta arrest them basturds what wuz up in that damn fishin' camp shootin' people for no fuckin' reason.  Rich sumbitches care more bout their damn stuff than they do anything.  But fuck naw, they gonna get away with it.  Prolly take the fuckin' DA fishin' out yonder in one a their damn high society cabins.  Gonna bury them poor damn kids in prison for just fuckin' around and bein' kids, and that girl prolly gonna die.  Rich bastards always gets away with shit." 

From the Bankers:  "Hate what happened to the girl, but you've got to ask yourself what she's doing out with a crew of boys at 4 in the morning breaking into people's cabins.  That's a lack of parental responsibility.  If anybody needs to be charged it's the parents for failing to supervise their children.  Don't know what happened, but if the property owners were in fear for their lives, they had every right to protect themselves." 

Race isn't going to be the real war no matter what Charlie Manson said.  There's going to be a class war eventually.  Too many people think those of us who work hard for what we get are really just Marie Antionette eating cake that their labor created.  You can thank President Allah Akbar for part of that. 

And for the record?  The vast majority of the underclass in this state swears fealty to Bahr.  It's literally 20-1.

Spot on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »
My partner and I

Is that what 'your type' is calling it these days?

But seriously, you could have summed all that up in a nutshell by saying: most people who have good jobs and make the monies have earned it at some point, and probably still are earning it. Very few are just born with an endless silver spoon. (i.e. Paris Hilton)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:02:41 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 03:02:23 PM »
That was really deeper than I was thinking K, but I guess that really strikes at the core of the reasons for it.  We had a lady working here several years ago.  Good worker, no problems there.  One day out of the blue, she hands in her resignation.  My partner and I call her in to discuss it, thinking she found something else...wants to be a stay at home mom....going back to school...any number of things. 

She very emphatically said, "I see you two building your big houses and driving your nice cars (I have a beat up ass 2001 Expedition with 165,000 miles) and I deserve that too.  I'm doing the work to make that money for you and I deserve my share." 

We were stunned.  I told her that's fine..."as soon as you go to college, which you didn't, and then spend the next 3-4 years in law school taking out at least $100K in loans and seeing your family for a few hours a week and then, if you get through that...passing that little 3-day pop quiz they give at the end called The Bar...then come back and we'll talk."

We opened the door for her to leave and promptly hired someone else who's worked for us ever since and happy to have a job.  Obviously, I'm not saying everyone has to go to college to make it in this world.  You can do whatever you want to do and make whatever you want to make out of yourself.  That's just the path I chose to try and succeed.  But to actually hear that attitude from someone just floored me.

Time for you to spread some of dat wealth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

chinook

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 03:10:12 PM »
ya'll southerners. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »

Never have understood the thinking that the labor deserves just as much a cut as management/ownership.  Are they essential?  Yes but their skill set is much more readily available, and they have no risks in showing up and collecting a check.   When I was in private practice, I used to wonder if any of the secretaries that worked for me would give half a a shit if they knew me and mine might have to do without something one week when I still had to pay them, but took nothing in.   I wonder if the idiots like your snags, understand that coming to work for a paycheck is a helluva lot different than having to pay out money everyday in order to make money.  It's far deeper than just having and education and skill set they don't have, you're bearing all the risks of being a business owner.  If it fails to thrive, she has the option to go find another payday, where you still have all your obligations and liabilities.  What kind of fucking moron thinks to themselves, "I have no education, I have no financial stake in this place, but I deserve the same as the people that spent the time in school, and bear all the risks".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 03:13:07 PM »
ya'll southerners.

It's y'all.  Just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 03:17:53 PM »

It being a contraction of YOU ALL....Jr is correct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 03:21:31 PM »
It being a contraction of YOU ALL....Jr is correct.

you guys are smart rednecks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001