Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Day game thread

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: A Day game thread
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »
I hope one was Clint Moseley committing to holding a clipboard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 09:38:14 PM »
I hope one was Clint Moseley committing to holding a clipboard.
No shit. Other than the one scoring drive, he didn't do much at all. Although Zeke Pike played a better game, based on what I saw out there today, Moseley will end up number 2 and Pike will end up 3rd string. Frazier is head and shoulders above both of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 10:04:12 PM »
Just got back home.  Wonderful day on teh planes.
Ran into Prowler at the Haley Center Bookstore.

This just in:  Moseley sucks like a $5 whore at the docks.

Prosch is going to be a road grader. 
Blakely will be an electric runner.
Pike looks like the QB of the future.
Frazier looks comfortable in the pocket.
The defense looks to be 200% improved from Roof's defenses...and there were about 8 starters out.   :stache:
Grown men in jerseys who butt in line in front of kids for the autographs should be shot on site.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:55:19 PM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 11:41:33 PM »

The defense looks to be 200% improved from Roof's defenses...and there were about 8 starters out.   :stache:
Grown men in jerseys who butt in line in front of kids for the autographs should be shot on site.

fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 12:56:50 AM »

Frost is going to be a stone cold killer, Corey Grant is shit yo' pants fast. Blakely is going to help us forget that dope smoking troll from ArKansas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 08:26:55 AM »
How many 50+ yard touchdowns did Sammie Coates have?  At least 5, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 08:40:56 AM »
How many 50+ yard touchdowns did Sammie Coates have?  At least 5, right?

If, by 50+yard touchdowns, you mean dropped passes...that would be correct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 08:55:36 AM »
If, by 50+yard touchdowns, you mean dropped passes...that would be correct.

Dropped passes?  You mean, "Passes not thrown fast enough."

Frazier better step it up.  Coates does everything fast INCLUDING catching the ball.  The faster the better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 09:11:02 AM »
Dropped passes?  You mean, "Passes not thrown fast enough."

Frazier better step it up.  Coates does everything fast INCLUDING catching the ball.  The faster the better.

It's okay...the drops were thrown mostly by Pike.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 10:18:39 AM »

So you hung out with Snaggle. Cool!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 12:06:53 PM »
Frost is going to be a stone cold killer, Corey Grant is shit yo' pants fast. Blakely is going to help us forget that dope smoking troll from ArKansas.
Yup.

Corey Lemonier will have another good-great season. Dee Ford & Angelo Blackson stood out too.

Btw, the starting OL was.
LT Greg Robinson
LG John Sullen
C Reese Dismukes
RG Chad Slade
RT Patrick Miller

They looked pretty good, until it was an obvious passing down & CBVG told Lemon, Ford or Owens to fuck shit up in the backfield.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 12:35:53 PM »
Yup.

Corey Lemonier will have another good-great season. Dee Ford & Angelo Blackson stood out too.

Btw, the starting OL was.
LT Greg Robinson
LG John Sullen
C Reese Dismukes
RG Chad Slade
RT Patrick Miller

They looked pretty good, until it was an obvious passing down & CBVG told Lemon, Ford or Owens to fuck shit up in the backfield.

Patrick Miller may win you that bet.  Though he got beat in pass pro a few times. 

The passing game, for the most part, is much more safe and OL/QB friendly.  Lots of stuff outside the hashes.   Quick game will mean the OL doesn't have to protect long, except when Moseley is standing back there holding the ball for 15 minutes.

Also, since my 15 year old daughter pulled one of those last minute "oh, daddy, I didn't tell you, but I have plans, and since the world revolves around me..." tricks, I didn't get to make it.  The camera work for the tape delay broadcast was fucking horrible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 12:41:45 PM »
The only thing that worries me about Frazier is arm strength.   He throws like he's flinging a shotput and I don't think he can scare people far enough downfield to really open up the passing game.  The defense will let people just roam free if they get more than 15 yards from the LOS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 02:00:40 PM »
The only thing that worries me about Frazier is arm strength.   He throws like he's flinging a shotput and I don't think he can scare people far enough downfield to really open up the passing game.  The defense will let people just roam free if they get more than 15 yards from the LOS.

Hope the WRs discover the power of YAC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 04:33:49 PM »
Patrick Miller may win you that bet.  Though he got beat in pass pro a few times. 

The passing game, for the most part, is much more safe and OL/QB friendly.  Lots of stuff outside the hashes.   Quick game will mean the OL doesn't have to protect long, except when Moseley is standing back there holding the ball for 15 minutes.

Also, since my 15 year old daughter pulled one of those last minute "oh, daddy, I didn't tell you, but I have plans, and since the world revolves around me..." tricks, I didn't get to make it.  The camera work for the tape delay broadcast was fucking horrible.
Moseley looked lost back there at times...those times he took a 5-10 yard sack (one was while he was outside of the Tackle and Owens was coming right for him...Moseley elected to eat the sack instead of throwing it away). I came away knowing that Frazier's the starter & Pike is battling Moseley for the backup position (should be easy to win after Frazier is named the starter and Moseley pouts).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »
Moseley looked lost back there at times...those times he took a 5-10 yard sack (one was while he was outside of the Tackle and Owens was coming right for him...Moseley elected to eat the sack instead of throwing it away). I came away knowing that Frazier's the starter & Pike is battling Moseley for the backup position (should be easy to win after Frazier is named the starter and Moseley pouts).
That sack he took on the first snap of the 2nd half was head shakingly awful. He saw the DE coming off the end then backpedaled 8-10 yards before getting dropped.

I guess its a sign of improvement that he didn't curl up and fall to the ground once the pass rush crossed the line of scrimmage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »
That sack he took on the first snap of the 2nd half was head shakingly awful. He saw the DE coming off the end then backpedaled 8-10 yards before getting dropped.

I guess its a sign of improvement that he didn't curl up and fall to the ground once the pass rush crossed the line of scrimmage.
He didn't curl up because he knew that he wasn't going to get hit. If the QBs had been live...Darren Bates would've ended the day for Moseley in the first Qtr.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2012, 11:17:08 PM »
It sounds as though that our running game is gonna be a fun thing to watch. I just hope Frazier is the QB for this season. If not, I will be drinking heavily.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2012, 11:33:15 PM »
Also, if what I read is true then I will be pleased with Auburns D. Holland seems to be catching on pretty good along with Frost and several others as mentioned. There is hope.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:45:37 AM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
I've learned after so many years of A-Day games not to let it affect my expectations too much one way or another.  In his last 2 Spring games, Neil Caudle looked like Tom Brady and I thought he was duh man.  However, there is one thing noticably different with this team.....they TACKLE.  They break down and wrap you up.  There were no bodies flying like missles at anyone's feet and no shoulder blocks trying to make the huge hit.  That, more than anything else, gave me wood....well except the girl in front of us with the see-through white skirt that had leopard print panties on. Now, that was hot.

A few general observations:

The DE's are damn fast.  Either that or our tackles suck balls. I'm hoping it's the DE's.

The biggest ovation of the day was when Neiko accepted his award and LEFT the field.

As was said earlier, the passing game looks to be much safer with tons of short to medium range throws.  Don't know if by design but they never went downfield with any passes. 

I had stopped at Taco Smell on the way up and hammered a double beefy burrito.  My apologies to Onterrio for breaking off gas in the 2nd quarter and knocking him off his feet on that counter play.

Emory Blake is bad ass.  Sammie Coates can't catch.

I hate the way they do these Spring games.  What's the point?  We got up and left in the 4th when 3-4 minutes ran off the clock without a play being run.  No one was even on the field. 

Either way, it was a beautiful day on teh Planes and that girl n the leopard print panties was damn hot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."