Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Beatles: The Next Generation

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Beatles: The Next Generation
« on: April 10, 2012, 04:16:35 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/04/04/beatles-sons-consider-forming-new-band-most-talented-next-generation-celebrity/

Beatles' sons consider forming new band: Most talented next-generation celebrity musician?

Published April 04, 2012

Talk about big music news: Paul McCartney's son James says he would consider forming The Beatles -- The Next Generation with Sean Lennon, Dhani Harrison and Zak Starkey (Ringo Starr's son).

"I don't think it's something that Zak wants to do," he told the BBC. "Maybe Jason [another of Starr's sons and also drummer] would want to do it. I'd be up for it. Sean seemed to be into it, Dhani seemed to be into it. I'd be happy to do it."

Asked, "Do you think it could happen?" James responded: "Yeah, hopefully, naturally. I don't know, you'd have to wait and see. The will of God, nature's support, I guess. So yeah, maybe."

Naturally, James' quotes nearly broke the Internet, forcing him to clarify his comments on his Facebook page:

"Hi Everyone...well, looks like quite some attention being given to my BBC interview! Honestly, I was just thinking out loud about playing with Beatles family friends, nothing more. My band's going to be on tour in the UK and US for most of this year, and the shows are going great! I'm so grateful…Lots of love to you all…!"

This is something I think I would normally roll my eyes at, but I think they're on to something here...

They all look incredibly like their fathers. They're all incredibly talented musicians who have been doing their own things with their own (indy-level) successful bands.

Ringo's son particularly is infinitely more talented than his pop. He's been playing with The Who since they reformed nearly 20 years ago, and is every bit as good as Keith Moon. And as I've said before, Ringo is easily in the Top 3 most overrated drummers of all time.

Sean Lennon has been putting out some interesting stuff for a while. He pretty much a modern translation of his father. Kinda hippie, kinda poppy. Kinda weird, but kinda subdued. Arguably more talented, not necessarily in song writing, but certainly in playing the guitar.

I didn't know too much about the other two until I heard about this.

I can dig Dhani Harrison's band.

James McCartney's stuff is pretty good too.

I would be on board for this.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:17:26 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Beatles: The Next Generation
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »
This would be pretty cool.

Ironically, Ringo's son is the most talented of the group. Of course you know as a drummer Chizad, that the Beatles didn't rely on too too complicated drum pieces so they could probably get away with doing it without him, although the group would lose its flair if all 4 weren't involved.

Again, in general this is too cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE