Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Romney addresses a slut...

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Re: Romney addresses a slut...
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 07:09:17 PM »
Whatever you do, don't call anyone a slut...Chad will go nuts...
Slut!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 07:24:11 PM »
Whatever you do, don't call anyone a slut...Chad will go nuts...

Take it easy, he can't help the Saints will be soon looking for another HC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 08:04:33 PM »
I can agree with virtually all of that...  But, just review what happened in this thread.  While I may have started the thread with a controversial tone, the banter that occurred between others is exactly what happens between most people who are passionate about an issue.

I was moreso discussing the public statements of politicians and pundits.  How people converse amongst each other regarding their political views wasn't really the subject of my rant.

You calling the woman a slut because of her stance on government provided birth control doesn't bother me.  For one, I know the reason why you oppose her argument based on other posts you've made, even if you decided not to expound upon it this time around.  But, more importantly, you're not a well known political commentator who influences the general public.

Don't get me wrong...Limbaugh has the freedom to say whatever the hell he wants.  I'm not suggesting that he or anyone else requires censorship because of their position in the media.  But it's infuriating to me that he and others abuse their persuasive positions to sway the public opinion with irrelevant, derogatory, and meaningless diatribes that aren't necessary.

"Rabble rabble rabble, stupid slut, political stance refuted."  So, we shouldn't have government provided birth control because one person is a stupid slut?  That doesn't address the issue at all.  Yet, people will latch onto these inane statements and will vote based upon them.  "Liberals are stupid sinning sluts!  We need monogamy and morality!"  "Conservatives are women hating misogynists!  We need access to medical shit!"

There is no public discourse as to why her stance is wrong; there's just rampant reporting of her being a slut.  And I will admit that most of this is driven by the public itself.  If the public weren't interested in this childish shit, then it wouldn't bring in ratings and wouldn't stay around.  However, America as a whole is more worried about which bitch The Situation punched on Jersey Shore this week, and thus are more likely to respond when Letterman calls Bristol Palin a whore in the midst of McCain's presidential campaign.

You and I both know that the general population (especially when they are grouped together in political parties with similar ideals) operates like a herd of mindless sheep.  It's a combination of the groupthink theory and the fact that the average American is a fucking idiot.  The fact that these morons with a public audience have the desire to add fuel to the retard fire is sickening.  They're encouraging the public to be ignorant on political issues, and to instead vote based upon exaggerated stereotypes and straw man fallacies that they've perpetuated for their own pecuniary gain.

It quickly goes to extremes, and each assembles seemingly ludicrous straw man arguments against the other.  While we tend to keep our disagreements civil in the professional world, politics has always been contentious, and what you have articulated is no different than what has occurred since the beginning of organized government.  Think back to the historical accounts of the Roman and Greek empires.  While they didn't have modern media to facilitate communication to the masses, they still stood in the town squares accusing their political opponents of sleeping with sheep and goats.

Again, that's why my rant not only indicated that things are getting worse, but is also why it was directed toward modern day pundits and politicians who have the technological soap box.  Their reach is greater than it's ever been.  So much so that their absurd commentary is becoming the focus of attention.

It's ultimately a combination of factors that have resulted in our society being the way that it is, insofar as the general public being entertained and informed by sheer nonsense, but my main point is that these individuals take advantage of their positions to spew shit that simply has no bearing on the issues at hand.  Again, sure, they have freedom of speech, and the public obviously enjoys their shenanigans, but I still don't agree with their abuse of the position they're in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 11:39:15 PM »
It's very simple.....

1. The government shouldn't be funding health care.

2. Unless you have a specific medical condition, other than fuckalotolitis, said health care shouldn't be footing the bill for your birth control. Slut or not. As a couple, it is your choice to not get her tubes tide, abstain, wear 5 condoms at a time, etc. As a taxpayer, it's not my responsibility to make you two can have baby-free sex for however long you want it to be that way. That's your problem, not mine.

It isn't your responsibility to help pay for my knee surgeries. It isn't your responsibility to pay for my high blood pressure medication. It isn't your responsibility to pay for my glasses. It isn't your responsibility to pay for my wisdom tooth to be removed. That's why I have insurance for all of that shit. Insurance that more than likely does a better job than the government would do.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:43:46 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GarMan

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 11:12:58 AM »
I was moreso discussing the public statements of politicians and pundits.  How people converse amongst each other regarding their political views wasn't really the subject of my rant.
Actually, it really doesn't matter.  They're no different from us.  We don't have an elitist aristocratic class running our country. 

You and I both know that the general population (especially when they are grouped together in political parties with similar ideals) operates like a herd of mindless sheep.  It's a combination of the groupthink theory and the fact that the average American is a fucking idiot.  The fact that these morons with a public audience have the desire to add fuel to the retard fire is sickening.  They're encouraging the public to be ignorant on political issues, and to instead vote based upon exaggerated stereotypes and straw man fallacies that they've perpetuated for their own pecuniary gain.
I don't completely agree, but I understand your point.  The fact is, especially in this particular situation, Limaugh went on a 15 minute rant explaining Fluke's errant logic and flawed reasoning before he arrived at the final conclusion of her being a slut.  The lamestream media reported the shock jock statement, and the fucktards along with society's ignorant masses ran with it. 

Again, that's why my rant not only indicated that things are getting worse, but is also why it was directed toward modern day pundits and politicians who have the technological soap box.  Their reach is greater than it's ever been.  So much so that their absurd commentary is becoming the focus of attention.

It's ultimately a combination of factors that have resulted in our society being the way that it is, insofar as the general public being entertained and informed by sheer nonsense, but my main point is that these individuals take advantage of their positions to spew shit that simply has no bearing on the issues at hand.  Again, sure, they have freedom of speech, and the public obviously enjoys their shenanigans, but I still don't agree with their abuse of the position they're in.
Again, I understand what you're saying, but your position is a bit of a stretch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GarMan

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »

It's not so much the shock jock comments that make things worse...  It's the blatant dishonesty that really chaps my ass.
http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=17672.0
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
Actually, it really doesn't matter.  They're no different from us.

As people?  No, they're not different, but my point is yet again that they are different in regard to the position they hold in our public media, and they are abusing their position as political commentators, pundits, analysts, whatever you want to call them.

I know that Limbaugh's show is intended to have shock value, and that this is why the public eats it up, but again, that's my point:  So many people base their political views on this trash that it's depressing.  It's permeated our society so much that we have asshats like Keith Olbermann and Bill O'Reilly on our news programming doing essentially the same thing.

It's not as if Limbaugh's or Maher's political commentary is viewed by the general public as a specific genre of political comedy that is for entertainment purposes only; these retards who create and spread their political points of view based on irrelevant hyperbole and ad hominem insults are being trusted by the retards who comprise the American public.  The fault is on both sides of the equation, but those in the media who have the ability to change this shit aren't doing a damn thing as long as the ratings remain high.  We are no longer concerned with which politician will do what's right for our country; we're concerned with the drama that can be created between contending political opponents.

Herman Cain wanted to get his dick wet?  Fuck the fact that he makes perfect sense; let's run his shit into the ground via the media.  It gives us ratings and gives these talking heads more hateful bullshit to spew.

I don't completely agree, but I understand your point.  The fact is, especially in this particular situation, Limaugh went on a 15 minute rant explaining Fluke's errant logic and flawed reasoning before he arrived at the final conclusion of her being a slut.

It wasn't a mere final conclusion or closing remark; his entire commentary was peppered with nothing but derogatory comments and making up arguments that Fluke never even posed.  Oh, and that type of commentary continued for three days running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1oOjKQflN0#noexternalembed-ws

Aside from that, his "explanation" of her errant logic was itself errant.  Paying $1,000 a year for birth control indicates that she's having lots of sex, so much so that she's going broke due to the epic sex she's having?  Well, considering that you take the same amount of birth control regardless of how sexually active you are, that's a pretty silly statement which he enjoys emphatically repeating.  Including birth control in a health care plan is paying women to have sex?  That doesn't address the medical purposes for birth control that Fluke addressed.  No government or school should pay for something which is used during a private, consensual activity?  Again, doesn't address the medical aspect of birth control.

With that being said, I don't agree with Fluke's stance.  Nonetheless, Rush's response was far from an informative and logical explanation of why one should disagree with her stance; it was a vile diatribe filled with personal insults.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GarMan

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »
As people?  No, they're not different, but my point is yet again that they are different in regard to the position they hold in our public media, and they are abusing their position as political commentators, pundits, analysts, whatever you want to call them.
Do you not see why this is a silly and an absurd position?  You're assigning them a level of responsibility because they have been successful in obtaining an audience based on the entertainment value of their shows, books, interviews, etc.  What sort of ridiculous standard is that?  Should we expect them to dedicate 20% of their show to preaching God, another 20% for teaching evolution and maybe another 20-30% for teaching right and wrong?  You're assigning blame at the wrong level. 

It's not as if Limbaugh's or Maher's political commentary is viewed by the general public as a specific genre of political comedy that is for entertainment purposes only; these retards who create and spread their political points of view based on irrelevant hyperbole and ad hominem insults are being trusted by the retards who comprise the American public.  The fault is on both sides of the equation, but those in the media who have the ability to change this shit aren't doing a damn thing as long as the ratings remain high.  We are no longer concerned with which politician will do what's right for our country; we're concerned with the drama that can be created between contending political opponents.
Again, this is just a nonsense position.  Somehow, you believe that those in the media have a higher responsibility to change this.  At the end of the day, it's just entertainment. 

Herman Cain wanted to get his dick wet?  Fuck the fact that he makes perfect sense; let's run his shit into the ground via the media.  It gives us ratings and gives these talking heads more hateful bullshit to spew.
It seems that you're confusing mass media with the shock jock entertainers.  John Stewart didn't destroy Herman Cain's political career.  It was the lamestream media who gave defacto credibility to every slut who claimed to have had an encounter with him. 

It wasn't a mere final conclusion or closing remark; his entire commentary was peppered with nothing but derogatory comments and making up arguments that Fluke never even posed.  Oh, and that type of commentary continued for three days running.

Entertaining video removed...

Aside from that, his "explanation" of her errant logic was itself errant.  Paying $1,000 a year for birth control indicates that she's having lots of sex, so much so that she's going broke due to the epic sex she's having?  Well, considering that you take the same amount of birth control regardless of how sexually active you are, that's a pretty silly statement which he enjoys emphatically repeating.  Including birth control in a health care plan is paying women to have sex?  That doesn't address the medical purposes for birth control that Fluke addressed.  No government or school should pay for something which is used during a private, consensual activity?  Again, doesn't address the medical aspect of birth control.
I don't need to defend everything Rush said.  It really doesn't matter to me, but he does routinely enjoy parroting the phrase, demonstrating absurdity by being absurd.  I don't believe that your KOS video covers all of his comments regarding this made-up fiasco.  And, the errant logic starts at the $1,000 per year claim by Fluke.  Most people know that birth control shouldn't cost $1,000 per year unless you extend it to include condoms, sex creams, flavor gels and morning-after pills... which obviously goes along with Rush's absurd rant.  That's it... 

With that being said, I don't agree with Fluke's stance.  Nonetheless, Rush's response was far from an informative and logical explanation of why one should disagree with her stance; it was a vile diatribe filled with personal insults.
And, those personal insults were well-deserved in my opinion...  Rush isn't an evening news anchor.  He's a shock jock entertainer.  Once again, that's it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 03:12:17 PM »

Effing THIS ^^^^

Was a big supporter of his until he ended his campaign. Like WE!!!, I still am to an extent and would vote for him today if he got back in. Especially over the 4 up there now. I could careless what he did or didn't do 12 years ago, he knew his shit. But the hell with that, someone (either Axelrod or Rove) decided he was too popular and too dangerous so they have to dig up skeletons and yell it from the rooftops (CNN, NY Times, Fox).  Just furthers your point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 04:14:30 PM »
Effing THIS ^^^^

Was a big supporter of his until he ended his campaign. Like WE!!!, I still am to an extent and would vote for him today if he got back in. Especially over the 4 up there now. I could careless what he did or didn't do 12 years ago, he knew his shit. But the hell with that, someone (either Axelrod or Rove) decided he was too popular and too dangerous so they have to dig up skeletons and yell it from the rooftops (CNN, NY Times, Fox).  Just furthers your point.

Exactly.  You can try to delineate between shock jocks and news outlets, but the fact of the matter is that there often isn't much delineation.  The "news media" was used to circulate this irrelevant nonsense and attacks on his personal life for the purpose of destroying his political career.

No one ran him out of the political race because he was an extremist with absurd political plans; he was ran out because the "media" wanted to focus on how many women he fucked, just like Limbaugh wanted to focus on how many men Fluke fucked.  In both instances, the substantive underlying material was not addressed.  What was addressed was social drama which would pique the public's interest, sway their opinions, and ultimately create a desired political result.

Limbaugh and his supporters can try to hide behind the fact that he's just an "entertainer," but we all know better than that.  His purpose is to promote political ideas, and he does so by barely addressing political issues and mostly focusing on derogatory dialogues.  When your goal is to inform the public and affect the public's opinion, you should really have the decency to take some responsibility for your actions instead of hiding behind the veil of entertainer and feigning ignorance.

At the same time, the American public needs to take some responsibility, wise the fuck up, and stop listening to these dumbasses who simply toe their party lines by denigrating their opposition.  Ultimately, however, I do place the majority of the blame on the media, because the American public is too stupid (in general) to wise up.  The members of the media should know better; they're propagating a lot of this shit for a reason, so they know what they're doing, Limbaugh included.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 05:36:51 PM »
You know as a nation we could just have more dookie love and solve a lot of the problem.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:38:51 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GarMan

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »
Exactly.  You can try to delineate between shock jocks and news outlets, but the fact of the matter is that there often isn't much delineation.  The "news media" was used to circulate this irrelevant nonsense and attacks on his personal life for the purpose of destroying his political career.
Well, as long as the "news" is something that disparages a Right-thinking person, this is definitely true of the larger media. 

No one ran him out of the political race because he was an extremist with absurd political plans; he was ran out because the "media" wanted to focus on how many women he fucked, just like Limbaugh wanted to focus on how many men Fluke fucked.  In both instances, the substantive underlying material was not addressed.  What was addressed was social drama which would pique the public's interest, sway their opinions, and ultimately create a desired political result.
The difference is that one outlet serves a larger audience as our mainstream news source.  The other is just entertainment... 

Limbaugh and his supporters can try to hide behind the fact that he's just an "entertainer," but we all know better than that.  His purpose is to promote political ideas, and he does so by barely addressing political issues and mostly focusing on derogatory dialogues.  When your goal is to inform the public and affect the public's opinion, you should really have the decency to take some responsibility for your actions instead of hiding behind the veil of entertainer and feigning ignorance.
More nonsense...  There's no doubt that Rush has fun at the expense of others.  That's why he's entertaining.

At the same time, the American public needs to take some responsibility, wise the fuck up, and stop listening to these dumbasses who simply toe their party lines by denigrating their opposition.  Ultimately, however, I do place the majority of the blame on the media, because the American public is too stupid (in general) to wise up.  The members of the media should know better; they're propagating a lot of this shit for a reason, so they know what they're doing, Limbaugh included. 
That's right...  Let's blame the entertainers with their evil goals...  The people are too stupid to know any better.  It's not their fault.  Sort of echoes the ideals and justification for a Socialist state...  Is that really what you'd propose here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 05:46:18 PM »
What in the hell is going on in here?  I am in agreement with VV?  We are at 3 pages in and not one mention of LED's, Jury Duty or Libertarians and their weed? No movie quotes?  No Skeletor pics?  We also have sluts in the thread title and don't have the first pic of a slut?   Am I on crazy pills?

IT'S LIKE I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU PEOPLE ANYMORE!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GarMan

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 05:54:48 PM »
What in the hell is going on in here?  I am in agreement with VV?  We are at 3 pages in and not one mention of LED's, Jury Duty or Libertarians and their weed? No movie quotes?  No Skeletor pics?  We also have sluts in the thread title and don't have the first pic of a slut?   Am I on crazy pills? 
Well, if these sluts were worthy of our viewing pleasure, I'd definitely post their photos.  For now, you're just going to have to picture VV in his edible thong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 06:00:42 PM »
Well, if these sluts were worthy of our viewing pleasure, I'd definitely post their photos.  For now, you're just going to have to picture VV in his edible thong.

:puke:  Just b/c you and AWK have doesn't mean the rest of the world should have to.

Doesn't have to be the sluts in question, just some good ole fashioned sluts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Vandy Vol

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 07:36:38 PM »
Do I think that the government should hold the media responsible to meet some sort of informational standard?  No.  Do I think that the media should regulate itself on its informational standards, recognizing that they are viewed by our retarded public as a reliable informational source?  Sure.

I mean, yeah...I could have some kids, completely brainwash them with an absurd stance, and yet not break any laws.  But should I be doing that?

Ron Paul says that's like mind rape.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2012, 10:17:46 AM »
Do I think that the government should hold the media responsible to meet some sort of informational standard?  No.  Do I think that the media should regulate itself on its informational standards, recognizing that they are viewed by our retarded public as a reliable informational source?  Sure.

I mean, yeah...I could have some kids, completely brainwash them with an absurd stance, and yet not break any laws.  But should I be doing that?

Ron Paul also says the Arabs have been pissed at the world for 1400 years because of the "endless bombing" of the last 10.

Anywho, speaking of Hermain Cain - Tarheel will like this below. I like the bolded part. Guy didn't let anything stop him. HE should be an inspiration to blacks everywhere, not some rebel rouser like Al Sharpton.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/index.php/article/2012/03/herman_cain_shares_desire_to_preserve_american_dream_during_visit_to_unc

Herman Cain shares desire to preserve American dream during visit to UNC

By Katharine McAnarney | The Daily Tar Heel

Herman Cain gave an inspirational speech at the Medical Biomolecular Research Building at 4 pm on Thursday.

Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain visited the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus Thursday.

He used to sit at the back of a segregated bus — now he has his own. And it even has his face on it, for anyone who might doubt it belongs to him.

Herman Cain, a former Republican presidential candidate, talked Thursday about his hard upbringing, his goals and his desire to preserve the American dream.

Cain gave a speech to more than 500 people in the Medical Biomolecular Research Building. He began by talking about growing up during the civil rights movement.

“Look at me. Today not only was I able to run for president, I have my own bus out there with my picture on it.”

Cain emphasized that the American dream, though broken, can be fixed if people stay informed, involved and inspired.

“The American dream is under attack,” he said. “The good news is that we can take it back.”

Cain said his first dream was to make $20,000 a year and have two American Express cards.

Once he accomplished this goal, he went on to work for the Pillsbury Company and then Burger King, eventually becoming CEO of Godfather’s Pizza Inc.

“I had multiple dreams and multiple careers,” he said.

Cain said now that he is out of the presidential race, he wants to use the experience to get more involved in politics.

“Just because I’m no longer seeking a position does not mean I’m giving up on the mission to put the nation back on track,” he said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 10:50:35 AM »

You kids with your misguided Utopian ideals...   :sad:

A lot of people still think that Socialism and Communism look good on paper too.  Of course, we know that in practice, they're not good for anyone. 

BTW, the media does regulate itself.  Olbermann eventually had to move to some no-name cable channel, and many of the others are relegated to other fee-based cable outlets and off-hours line-ups.  It may not be working well-enough from your perspective, but it does work. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2012, 11:21:50 AM »
You kids with your misguided Utopian ideals...   :sad:

A lot of people still think that Socialism and Communism look good on paper too.  Of course, we know that in practice, they're not good for anyone. 

BTW, the media does regulate itself.  Olbermann eventually had to move to some no-name cable channel, and many of the others are relegated to other fee-based cable outlets and off-hours line-ups.  It may not be working well-enough from your perspective, but it does work.

Thing is, it has NEVER been successful because it is not sustainable. The only times a free market economy have failed have been because it had too much Federal socialism infested in it. I.e. The Community Reinvestment Act of 1979/1995 pretty much caused the entire collapse from 3-4 yrs ago. This had been coming to a head since the 80's and early 90's. Mortgage backed derivitive sell offs were merely a secondary side effect of the sub prime market being flooded with crap. Again cause by the Reinvestment Act - a very socialistic policy by nature of Carter, and later on Clinton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 11:28:36 AM »
This is one of the 10% of things I agree with Bill Maher on.

Thought it was relevant here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/opinion/please-stop-apologizing.html?_r=4&src=tp

Please Stop Apologizing
By BILL MAHER
Published: March 21, 2012

THIS week, Robert De Niro made a joke about first ladies, and Newt Gingrich said it was “inexcusable and the president should apologize for him.” Of course, if something is “inexcusable,” an apology doesn’t make any difference, but then again, neither does Newt Gingrich.

Mr. De Niro was speaking at a fund-raiser with the first lady, Michelle Obama. Here’s the joke: “Callista Gingrich. Karen Santorum. Ann Romney. Now do you really think our country is ready for a white first lady?”

The first lady’s press secretary declared the joke “inappropriate,” and Mr. De Niro said his remarks were “not meant to offend.” So, as these things go, even if the terrible damage can never be undone, at least the healing can begin. And we can move on to the next time we choose sides and pretend to be outraged about nothing.

When did we get it in our heads that we have the right to never hear anything we don’t like? In the last year, we’ve been shocked and appalled by the unbelievable insensitivity of Nike shoes, the Fighting Sioux, Hank Williams Jr., Cee Lo Green, Ashton Kutcher, Tracy Morgan, Don Imus, Kirk Cameron, Gilbert Gottfried, the Super Bowl halftime show and the ESPN guys who used the wrong cliché for Jeremy Lin after everyone else used all the others. Who can keep up?

This week, President Obama’s chief political strategist, David Axelrod, described Mitt Romney’s constant advertising barrage in Illinois as a “Mittzkrieg,” and instantly the Republican Jewish Coalition was outraged and called out Mr. Axelrod’s “Holocaust and Nazi imagery” as “disturbing.” Because the message of “Mittzkrieg” was clear: Kill all the Jews. Then the coalition demanded not only that Mr. Axelrod apologize immediately but also that Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz “publicly rebuke” him. For a pun! For punning against humanity!

The right side of America is mad at President Obama because he hugged the late Derrick Bell, a law professor who believed we live in a racist country, 22 years ago; the left side of America is mad at Rush Limbaugh for seemingly proving him right.

If it weren’t for throwing conniption fits, we wouldn’t get any exercise at all.

I have a better idea. Let’s have an amnesty — from the left and the right — on every made-up, fake, totally insincere, playacted hurt, insult, slight and affront. Let’s make this Sunday the National Day of No Outrage. One day a year when you will not find some tiny thing someone did or said and pretend you can barely continue functioning until they apologize.

If that doesn’t work, what about this: If you see or hear something you don’t like in the media, just go on with your life. Turn the page or flip the dial or pick up your roll of quarters and leave the booth.

The answer to whenever another human being annoys you is not “make them go away forever.” We need to learn to coexist, and it’s actually pretty easy to do. For example, I find Rush Limbaugh obnoxious, but I’ve been able to coexist comfortably with him for 20 years by using this simple method: I never listen to his program. The only time I hear him is when I’m at a stoplight next to a pickup truck.

When the lady at Costco gives you a free sample of its new ham pudding and you don’t like it, you spit it into a napkin and keep shopping. You don’t declare a holy war on ham.

I don’t want to live in a country where no one ever says anything that offends anyone. That’s why we have Canada. That’s not us. If we sand down our rough edges and drain all the color, emotion and spontaneity out of our discourse, we’ll end up with political candidates who never say anything but the safest, blandest, emptiest, most unctuous focus-grouped platitudes and cant. In other words, we’ll get Mitt Romney.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions