Pat Robertson and Mary G. Juana

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Pat Robertson and Mary G. Juana
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/pat-robertson-wants-smoke-pot-legally-143457144.html
..Pat Robertson Wants You to Smoke Pot Legally
By Alexander Abad-Santos | The Atlantic Wire

Pat Robertson and marijuana legalization make for strange bedfellows, but he's actually been championing the cause—specifically its place in the conversation about prison reform—since 2010.

Yes, according to an interview with The New York Times on Wednesday, the strict evangelical who believes gay people cause hurricanes and that mac 'n cheese may be a "black thing," is also for the legalization of marijuana. But it isn't because he's tried the stuff. It's a bit more complicated than that. “I really believe we should treat marijuana the way we treat beverage alcohol,” Robertson told The Times. "I’ve never used marijuana and I don’t intend to, but it’s just one of those things that I think: this war on drugs just hasn’t succeeded."  This has been a talking point for Robertson for some time now. 

Back in December 2010, The Atlantic's Chris Good wrote about "Pat Robertson's Christmas Present to Marijuana Legalizers', his take on a recent airing of The 700 Club where Robertson said, "We're locking up people that take a couple of puffs of marijuana, and the next thing you know they've got ten years ...  it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. Young people going to prisons--they go in as youths and they come out as hardened criminals, it's not a good thing." Back then Robertson's spokesman said it wasn't a call to decriminalize pot. 

So, fast forward to last week on The 700 Club where Robertson, as The Atlantic's Andrew Cohen writes, "devoted nearly nine minutes of the broadcast to commentary and a (really well produced) piece on the topic." Adding, "He's also right in identifying the notion that decriminalizing pot possession is one of the easiest ways to break the cycle of incarceration that ruins people -- and government budgets."  Following that broadcast, Robertson told The Times' Jesse McKinley, " I just want to be on the right side... And I think on this one, I’m on the right side."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Pat Robertson and Mary G. Juana
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »
Go Pat, Go Pat...we gonna' party like it's yo burfday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 01:02:32 PM »
He really is the most evil son of a bitch on the planet. 

It's not enough that he's total blowhard, psycho-pseudo-Christian that ruins the faith for so many people.  He had to go and make me agree with him on something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 01:10:36 PM »

It's not enough that he's total blowhard, psycho-pseudo-Christian that ruins the faith for so many people.  He had to go and make me agree with him on something.
You said it, not me.

But this x1000.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »
All pot heads to prison now!  Lock 'em up, throw away the key!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 01:32:52 PM »

This guy has left the reservation so many times, he has relegated himself to insignificance.  Does anybody actually pay attention to anything this guy says anymore? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 01:37:07 PM »

Pretty much what I was thinking.

I don't smoke it either and also don't intend to. But I just don't see why we can't regulate the shit out of it like Alkeehawl and Tobacco. There is some money to be made doing that, it thins out the prisons a bit and also gives police one less thing to bust on. Of course, like Alkeehawl, if you have smoked it and are barely able to drive a car, you will get in trouble, etc etc. There are prescription drugs out there today that are much worse for you than Mary Jane, and those are actually addicting people in record numbers (Xanax, Oxycotin, etc).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 01:42:10 PM »
Pretty much what I was thinking.

I don't smoke it either and also don't intend to. But I just don't see why we can't regulate the shit out of it like Alkeehawl and Tobacco. There is some money to be made doing that, it thins out the prisons a bit and also gives police one less thing to bust on. Of course, like Alkeehawl, if you have smoked it and are barely able to drive a car, you will get in trouble, etc etc. There are prescription drugs out there today that are much worse for you than Mary Jane, and those are actually addicting people in record numbers (Xanax, Oxycotin, etc).

It's a gateway drug.  It's bad!  BAD! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 01:46:17 PM »
There are prescription drugs out there today that are much worse for you than Mary Jane, and those are actually addicting people in record numbers (Xanax, Oxycotin, etc).

For realz. There are by far many worse or addicting drugs that are prescribed by the local quack.

As a Christian, I have never liked to listen or watch Pat or the 700 club. Like Gman said, the guy has pretty much put himself over in the corner of irrelevance. This little article about his support of legalizing the weed surprises me though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 01:46:52 PM »

Got to got to getaway.

Legalize and regulate.  What 2001 said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 01:52:26 PM »
You know, I've only tried weed once.  It didn't do anything for me.  If it were legal, I'm pretty sure I would try it again. 

Does this mean I need to go ahead and check myself into rehab for heroin addiction?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »

Ever watched Intervention?

Many of those Meth, Heroin and Blow users started with Alcohol and painkillers. Is Mary J a gateway drug? Sure it can be. But so are narcotics and booze. Narcotics moreso than pot and booze now simply because they are much more addictive. Last time I checked, Pot wasn't considered addictive in nature, like Heroin or Cigarettes. Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs out there - perfectly legal too.

Look at how many people (mainly celebrities) who have died from too much script drugs in their system and/or alcohol. How many deaths can be attributed directly to pot?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 01:58:52 PM »

Many of those Meth, Heroin and Blow users started with Alcohol and painkillers. Is Mary J a gateway drug? Sure it can be. But so are narcotics and booze. Narcotics moreso than pot and booze now simply because they are much more addictive. Last time I checked, Pot wasn't considered addictive in nature, like Heroin or Cigarettes. Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs out there - perfectly legal too.

Look at how many people (mainly celebrities) who have died from too much script drugs in their system and/or alcohol. How many deaths can be attributed directly to pot?
Yeah!  Pot's healthier than Vitamin C.  They should force people to take it!  It'll be good for 'em!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
Yeah!  Pot's healthier than Vitamin C.  They should force people to take it!  It'll be good for 'em!!!

Not sure where you got Vit C from but I think pot is no more inherently evil than cigarettes or narcotics. Between cigars, cigarettes, pipes, joints - we're really just talking about different types of leaves that grow from the ground in the end. Maybe you should do some research on the chemical makeup of the narcotics I speak of. Also look up deaths related to them and also deaths related to alcohol abuse. Then tell me pot is THE dangerous taboo one.

Oh - don't leave out Cancer deaths as related to tobacco.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »

There is much more to this story thats in this clip. I will go ahead and say that I would do the same if it were my child. The reason for me posting this is the fact that such hard ass drugs are given by prescription but the j is illegal? Makes no damn sense to me..at all. Not enough research done on pot to prescribe as medicine? Bullshit.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:13:37 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »

Maybe I should have used this in my posts:  :sarcasm:

There's no evidence it's addictive.  The evidence that pot can impair your ability to drive is sketchy at best, and not quantifiable like alcohol.  That said, the people I deal with, who are solely pot smokers, and while on probation continue to test positive for it, all have one thing in common...they're fucking dumbasses!   The fact that they are not addicted, yet risk jail time KNOWING they'll test positive is cod lock proof.  When I hear a pot head try to ask for rehab, I tell them as much too.  I actually understand addiction, and as you noted, many addicts come by their addiction legally, and honestly through prescription drugs, but pot smokers are just fucking dumbasses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 02:13:22 PM »

There's no evidence it's addictive.  The evidence that pot can impair your ability to drive is sketchy at best, and not quantifiable like alcohol.  That said, the people I deal with, who are solely pot smokers, and while on probation continue to test positive for it, all have one thing in common...they're fucking dumbasses!   The fact that they are not addicted, yet risk jail time KNOWING they'll test positive is cod lock proof.  When I hear a pot head try to ask for rehab, I tell them as much too.  I actually understand addiction, and as you noted, many addicts come by their addiction legally, and honestly through prescription drugs, but pot smokers are just fucking dumbasses.

I knew you were being sarcastic. I was agreeing with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »

I agree with this.  Pot makes you stupid.  That's the only problem I have with legalizing the stuff.  It's not more dangerous than alcohol.  We have far more problems out of alcoholics than we do pot heads.  BUT,  my buddy gets shit faced nearly every weekend, to the point that I can't stand to be around him.  Yet he functions properly throughout the week without a trace of being smashed from 5pm Friday through Sunday morning, every weekend. 

Pot heads are stupid all the time.  When they are not smoking?  They are fucking worthless.  The American civilization is on the way down as we type, but make pot legal?  It will take only years as opposed to decades. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 03:15:39 PM »
I agree with this.  Pot makes you stupid.  That's the only problem I have with legalizing the stuff.  It's not more dangerous than alcohol.  We have far more problems out of alcoholics than we do pot heads.  BUT,  my buddy gets shit faced nearly every weekend, to the point that I can't stand to be around him.  Yet he functions properly throughout the week without a trace of being smashed from 5pm Friday through Sunday morning, every weekend. 

Pot heads are stupid all the time.  When they are not smoking?  They are fucking worthless.  The American civilization is on the way down as we type, but make pot legal?  It will take only years as opposed to decades.

We're goin' dooowwwn, man.  I mean, it's like....what I'm sayin' is if people don't stop smokin' weed, you know you could like....cizivilation is gonna' cnease to exnist....I'm hungry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »
Pot makes you stupid.

No, being a bammer makes you stupid. That is all. One day Token, you will figure this out and make that conversion complete.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions