Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos's Worst Nightmare to Begin Filming Here in NOLA

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Kaos's Worst Nightmare to Begin Filming Here in NOLA
« on: March 06, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »
http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2012/03/seth_rogen_to_direct_the_apoca.html

Seth Rogen to direct 'The Apocalypse' in New Orleans with top-shelf comedy cast
Published: Monday, March 05, 2012, 10:00 AM
By Mike Scott, The Times-Picayune

"The Apocalypse" is coming to New Orleans, and it looks like we're all going to die laughing. Funnyman Seth Rogen will make his directoral debut on the end-of-the-world comedy, which goes into production in town next month with a killer cast of cutups including Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson and James Franco.

Clockwise from top left, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Jonah Hill and Danny McBride. The comedy foursome is scheduled to shoot the film 'The Apocalypse' in New Orleans for Sony Pictures starting in April. It will mark Rogen's directoral debut.

"The Apocalypse" -- based on a 2007 short film written and starring Rogen and Baruchel titled "Seth and Jay Versus the Apocalypse" (watch it below) -- will tell the story of a group of friends who barricade themselves in a house to ride out the arrival of an apocalyptic event. In the process they learn that they really can't stand each other.

Rogen and company will star as versions of themselves in the film, and the house they will be holed up in will be a fictional take on Franco's mansion, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Rogen will co-direct with longtime writing and production partner Evan Goldberg, his collaborator on such films as "Superbad," "Pineapple Express" and "The Green Hornet."

"The Apocalypse" is expected to begin its three-month New Orleans shoot in April, under the Mandate Pictures banner and with backing from Sony Pictures.

Sony representatives didn't respond to a request for comment on the project, but Hill brought it up Friday (March 2) during a phone interview from Miami to promote another New Orleans-shot project, the action-comedy "21 Jump Street."

"I'm so excited to get back there. This conversation (about New Orleans) has me so jazzed," said Hill, who hadn't visit the city before shooting "21 Jump Street" here last year but who said he has fallen in love with the place.

Also jazzing him: the chance to work with McBride, who can count Hill as both a friend and a fan. "We never worked together before and we're friends, and he's a guy who makes me laugh really hard," Hill said. "I think 'Eastbound & Down' is the funniest show on TV."

"The Apocalypse" will operate with a budget between $30 million and $40 million, according to THR.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Kaos's Worst Nightmare to Begin Filming Here in NOLA
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:53:21 AM »
I know assholes are like opinions, but that article is playing it mighty fast and loose with the phrase "top-shelf comedy cast".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:53:57 AM »
http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2012/03/seth_rogen_to_direct_the_apoca.html

with top-shelf comedy cast

If that's today's "top shelf comedy cast", then comedy is effectively dead. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:54:45 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »
I know assholes are like opinions, but that article is playing it mighty fast and loose with the phrase "top-shelf comedy cast".

This guy knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 10:17:05 AM »
Can't wait to see K's reviews on this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 10:18:26 AM »
Can't wait to see K's reviews on this one.

He'll probably refuse to watch it since its a Rogen project (and I can't blame him), unless he's board one night at 3 am and it's on Netflix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 11:35:42 AM »
He'll probably refuse to watch it since its a Rogen project (and I can't blame him), unless he's board one night at 3 am and it's on Netflix.

Or bored as it were.

I was afraid this was going to be an Attack of the Killer Tomatoes remake.  That is my worst nightmare.  Deadly tomatoes?  Ugh. 

There's one bright side.  All of those dud doofuses in one place?  Maybe a true apocalyptic event will strike during their stay. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 11:37:12 AM »
Or bored as it were.

I was afraid this was going to be an Attack of the Killer Tomatoes remake.  That is my worst nightmare.  Deadly tomatoes?  Ugh. 

There's one bright side.  All of those dud doofuses in one place?  Maybe a true apocalyptic event will strike during their stay.

Spelling Nazi!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 11:42:07 AM »
Who needs a lesson?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 01:57:25 PM »
Or bored as it were.

Maybe I meant that you were being as stubborn as a 2x4. Nah, I just fucked up a word. Rare miss.

And yes, I agree on your 2nd point. A meteor perhaps?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
Hey, fuck you guys.

Also, I love this cast.

And the Killer Tomatoes movies from the 80's. You know, George Clooney was the best friend/co-star in Return of the Killer Tomatoes. Best performance of his career, if you ask me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions