Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Who Dat" Bounty Games...

Re: "Who Dat" Bounty Games...
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 11:24:26 AM »
Not going to happen.  Don't get your hate for the Saints, but that doesn't matter.  By default this is the hot topic on talk radio, and so many are acting so indignant about it.  But, when you hear players talk, they all tell you this goes on on every team.  It's the culture of the league. Heard an interview with Joe Horn today, and he said if they're going to spank the Saints, then they better be fair and investigate the entire league.  Said it was happening on every team he played for.  Said Goodell knows damn well this is, and has been going on.   Goodell is going to have to do something, but the more I think about it, it's probably going to be something symbolic, and not really punishment.  I'm thinking fines for all the coaches involved, and for the Saints, but it won't be a lot of money to them.

So are steroids, kids out of wedlock, DUI's, and questionable reality shows.  Doesn't make it OK.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »
But I think someone (more than 1) have already done such. Or this wouldn't be a story. Payton has even admitted it happened now.

Maybe, I don't know.  I haven't specifically heard "we had bounties for specific injuries".  Bounties to put people out of games?  Yes, but you can do that without an illegal hit or specific intent to injure that is any different from the normal play of the game.  LBs and DEs want to crush everybody they hit, every play. 

It's going to take someone admitting there was a specific bounty for causing a specific injury, ie concussion, or taking someone's knee out, not just hitting them so hard they left the game.   I have not heard that.   

The NFL is not a court of law.  They don't need the same proof.  I don't know what Goodell is going to do, but suspect that since he knew/knows this is systemic, he's not going to rape pillage and burn N.O. for something he knows goes on everywhere, or if he didn't know, he should by now based on all the statements by players.  JMHO, YMMV.  There's enough players out there talking, he could nail all 32 franchises. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2012, 11:38:47 AM »
So are steroids, kids out of wedlock, DUI's, and questionable reality shows.  Doesn't make it OK.

Never said it was ok.  Just what it is.  Goodell hammers N.O., then he better damn well hammer the entire league. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2012, 11:43:19 AM »
YOU FINISH THE JOE YOU MAKE SOME MO!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2012, 11:58:39 AM »
They STANK.  And I hate 'em. 

First of all, they're lazy good for nothin' tricksters, crack smokin' swindlers, big butt havin', big head swellin' takin' up all the good team's press.

:kimclap:  Kaos Bigsby
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 01:04:01 AM »
Maybe, I don't know.  I haven't specifically heard "we had bounties for specific injuries".  Bounties to put people out of games?  Yes, but you can do that without an illegal hit or specific intent to injure that is any different from the normal play of the game.  LBs and DEs want to crush everybody they hit, every play. 

It's going to take someone admitting there was a specific bounty for causing a specific injury, ie concussion, or taking someone's knee out, not just hitting them so hard they left the game.   I have not heard that.   

The NFL is not a court of law.  They don't need the same proof.  I don't know what Goodell is going to do, but suspect that since he knew/knows this is systemic, he's not going to rape pillage and burn N.O. for something he knows goes on everywhere, or if he didn't know, he should by now based on all the statements by players.  JMHO, YMMV.  There's enough players out there talking, he could nail all 32 franchises.
Bounties for "cart offs" will be seen as the same thing as bounties for specific injuries. If players come forward and state that they were paid by Gregg Williams for injuring someone on the field, then the Saints will be hit with NFL sanctions (whatever that may be).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2012, 08:06:37 AM »
Bounties for "cart offs" will be seen as the same thing as bounties for specific injuries. If players come forward and state that they were paid by Gregg Williams for injuring someone on the field, then the Saints will be hit with NFL sanctions (whatever that may be).

Probably right about how that will be viewed, however, Goodell is going to have to weigh that against the fact that this is a league wide problem, not just Williams, and not just the Saints. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2012, 09:29:22 AM »
Read an article this morning where a former Bills safety said they had a pool that included bounties for hurting players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2012, 04:21:10 PM »
Read an article this morning where a former Bills safety said they had a pool that included bounties for hurting players.
IMO, that won't be viewed as the same thing as the Saints' coaches knowing about it and setting up the bounties for injuring players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Shut this program down...
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2012, 04:42:21 PM »
For Bama fans, this is a preview of the hammer that's coming their way soon enough.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games

Saints busted for bugging opponents. 

Cheating bunch of thugs. 

The Bama of the NFL.  No question. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2012, 05:08:37 PM »
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/23/at-first-blush-allegations-of-loomis-espionage-make-no-sense/

At first blush, allegations of Loomis espionage make no sense
Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
Bill Polian AP

ESPN currently is making a big deal about the allegation that Saints G.M. Mickey Loomis was eavesdropping on the communications in which opposing coaches engaged during games.  At first blush, however, the notion that Loomis would find value in hearing the play calls and other communications between the opponents’ coaches makes no sense.

As ESPN’s Bill Polian (pictured) said when asked to explain the edge that the Saints obtained doing this, “There’s something missing here.  I don’t know what kind of competitive advantage you could get.  Mickey would have to know the verbiage of every other opposing team in order to translate, and then he would have to do it instantly and find some way to communicate with his coaching staff, and get it down to the field in time to be useful.  That would be very difficult to do, in my opinion.”

Polian’s right, and he has no natural incentive to help the team that beat his Colts for a Super Bowl that culminated a season in which bounties allegedly were used.  If Loomis knew what the opposing coaches were saying, there would have been no way to translate that information into something that could be used to the Saints’ benefit.

Even if the conversations were being taped and later given to the coaching staff, there’s no way to take that information and turn it into anything that could be used in a future game.

That doesn’t mean the situation shouldn’t be fully investigated.  But it would be ludicrous for Loomis to engage in a blatant violation of federal law if there was nothing to be gained by doing so.

UPDATE 4:34 p.m. ET:  As ESPN’s Adam Schefter also pointed out on the air, Loomis isn’t “an Xs and Os evaluator, so it would be difficult for him to get that information down to somebody in a timely fashion when that’s not the language he’s accustomed to speaking.  He’s accustomed to dealing with agents, doing contracts, managing the cap, finagling the roster, not dealing with play calls and Xs and Os.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »
I can see it now, we're going to have to boycott a whopping 3 wins from the 2005 season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2012, 05:15:48 PM »
Nothing to see here.  Move along. 

Chizad = Izzy Don Paul Gould Kausler Finebaum when it comes to the Saints.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2012, 05:17:25 PM »

In case you didn't realize it, the link and the quote function indicates that the words are not mine, but the author of the linked article. In this case NBCSports.com.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2012, 05:18:30 PM »
In case you didn't realize it, the link and the quote function indicates that the words are not mine, but the author of the linked article. In this case NBCSports.com.

Trent was in that store because he liked old white men, too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2012, 06:44:24 PM »

That is kind of funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2012, 07:35:07 PM »

More like the Never to Yield Foundation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/23/saints-call-espn-report-of-loomis-espionage-1000-percent-false/
Saints call report of Loomis espionage “1000 percent false”
Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2012, 4:05 PM EDT

A bad offseason for the Saints keeps getting worse.

John Barr of ESPN reports that the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Louisiana recently was told that Saints general manager Mickey Loomis “had an electronic device in his Superdome suite that had been secretly re-wired to enable him to eavesdrop on visiting coaching staffs for nearly three NFL seasons.”

Saints spokesman Greg Bensel tells PFT that the allegation is “1000 percent false.”

“We asked ESPN to provide us evidence to support their allegations and they did not,” Bensel said.

Generally citing unnamed “sources,” Barr claims that the device was installed in 2000, when Randy Mueller served as G.M. of the Saints.  It was used at the time to monitor game-day communications involving the Saints’ coaching staff.  Barr contends that, after Loomis took over, “the electronic device was re-wired to listen only to opposing coaches and could no longer be used to listen to any game-day communications between members of the Saints coaching staff.”

The device allegedly was used during the 2002, 2003, and 2004 seasons.

Barr spent plenty of time both online and on camera talking about statutes of limitations for both criminal and civil actions arising from the alleged activities.  Coincidentally, ESPN could end up being the target of a civil case.

“The team and Mickey are seeking all legal recourse regarding these false allegations,” Bensel said.

So now "unnamed sources" suits your fancy, huh? Zero evidence. Zero facts. Just an "unnamed source." History repeating.

So you're telling me the general manager. Not a coach, the general manager, was deciphering every visiting coach's jargon and communicating that to the Saints sidelines, and those coaches then made decisions based on this information in the 30 seconds between plays? Give me a break. If you were going to have that type of technology, which clearly would be cheating, why not wire it to the coaches, who could actually do something with it? Also, if this were true, wouldn't their home record be better than, or at least as good as, their road record during this time? ESPN at first reported that they did in fact have a better home record from 02-04, which was false. They have since retracted this. They were 12-12 at home while 13-11 on the road.

Also, the article itself says:
"Outside the Lines" could not determine for certain whether Loomis ever made use of the electronic setup.

So we don't know for sure that he used it, and it makes no sense for him to use it, but of course, we're going to report that he did.

Why now? So he waited almost a decade with this knowledge and coincidentally thought this was the right time to come out with this news? Eight years after the alleged cheating stopped? Holy statute of limitations, McClover. And you're telling me that this happened a decade ago, and yet no one brought this up during spygate with the Patriots? Only now when it's convenient to pile on? Come on. And speaking of expired statute of limitations...

The wiring setup was disabled sometime in September 2005 in the weeks after Hurricane Katrina ravaged the Gulf Coast. The timing of the device's removal could prove significant for legal reasons. If Loomis used an electronic device to secretly listen to the opposing coaches without their consent, it would appear to be a violation of the federal ECPA statute, said Mike Emmick, a Los Angeles-based attorney.

This is purely comical. So in September of 2005,  in a national state of emergency, when people were dying left and right, trying to get their families to safety, the floor of the dome itself was 12 feet under water, and people who lived in New Orleans, couldn't even get into New Orleans...that was a good time for the evil Saints minions to change the wiring.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:38:22 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2012, 08:29:56 PM »
More like the Never to Yield Foundation. Woolly Al

Fixed for ya.

See, Auburn didn't do anything.   Exonerated. 

Saints getting theirs.  Bama going to get it too.  In shovels full.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2012, 08:35:44 PM »
Fixed for ya.

See, Auburn didn't do anything.   Exonerated. 

Saints getting theirs.  Bama going to get it too.  In shovels full.
"I know they guilty, Paul. I jes know it. ESPN got them an unnamed source an he says it's true."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »
"I know they guilty, Paul. I jes know it. ESPN got them an unnamed source an he says it's true."

Still can't see the diff?

Convicted felon.  Already in trouble.  Gonna be in more because there is a culture of rampant cheating.

Or...

Exonerated.  Not scathed.  Blameless. Clean.

One of those is Auburn.  The other is the New Bama Saints. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions