Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The "Cow College"....yeah right!

JR4AU

The "Cow College"....yeah right!
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:40:04 PM »
http://blog.al.com/montgomery/2012/01/auburn_claims_record_number_of.html

Auburn enrolls record number of National Merit Scholars
Published: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 3:18 PM     Updated: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 3:32 PM

By al.com staff

AUBURN, Alabama – Auburn University is ranked second nationally out of 145 public institutions in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars, the university’s Office of Enrollment Services said in a statement today.

The rankings are included in the recently released 2010-2011 National Merit Scholarship Corporation Annual Report.

Auburn is first in the Southeastern Conference among public institutions and second, behind Vanderbilt, among all Southeastern Conference institutions. Auburn ranked ninth overall out of the 359 institutions where these scholars are enrolled, with Chicago, USC, Harvard, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Washington-St. Louis, Oklahoma and Yale ranked higher. Only Oklahoma was ranked above Auburn among all public institutions.

Auburn enrolled 181 new scholars this summer and fall, which is a 35 percent increase over last year’s 134. Auburn moved up from third in the SEC and 16th overall last year.

Auburn’s 181 National Merit Scholars are from 23 states and are enrolled in all of the university’s 10 undergraduate colleges and schools.

“This achievement reflects a commitment by Auburn University to enroll some of the most outstanding students our state and nation have to offer,” said Velda Rooker, director of university scholarships.

Auburn also enrolled a record 45 National Achievement Scholars from 19 states.

The National Merit Scholarship Corporation is an independent, not-for-profit organization that conducts the National Merit Scholarship Program and the National Achievement Scholarship Program as annual competitions for recognition and undergraduate scholarships.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:40:37 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
Re: The "Cow College"....yeah right!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:31:08 PM »
Consider further that Auburn's enrollment is smaller than most of the other public SEC schools (UF, UGA, UTK, LSU, etc).  UAT (which is how it is noted in the NMSC report) has expanded its enrollment drastically since they hired Witt - they may be up to 30k by now.  Auburn is barely 24k, not much more than the 22-23k when I started 20+ years ago (with a National Merit Scholarship - I'm a jeenyus).

http://www.auburn.edu/administration/trustees/policies/C-2_Enrollment_Policy_for_Auburn_Campus.pdf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:27:15 AM »
Combine this with the fact that probably the two biggest names in the tech world, Jimmy Wales and Tim Cook, are Auburn alums, and I'm pretty smug about my alma mater.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 10:12:28 AM »
Combine this with the fact that probably the two biggest names in the tech world, Jimmy Wales and Tim Cook, are Auburn alums, and I'm pretty smug about my alma mater.

Got my diploma sitting front and center on my desk. Anyone wanna walk in my office and talk some shit? I'll simply pull up this article and the picture of Gene holding the Crystal Football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE