Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Is It Raining...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Is It Raining...
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 03:02:13 PM »
My brother has been working in Huntsville since the April storms.  He'd previously been out of work since the housing market crashed.  An Auburn bud of his, that had been in a similar situation, called him, and they got lots of rebuilt/repair work since, but it had slowed down.  Now he's up in the Centerpoint area with more work.  He's thankful for the work at least.  Says the pictures on TV don't do justice to the amount of damage up there.

Centerpoint huh?

Did the tornados there uproot any freshly buried corpses?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 03:14:10 PM »
Centerpoint huh?

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 03:22:06 PM »
Centerpoint huh?

I would like to think they have better taste.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 04:10:49 PM »
My brother has been working in Huntsville since the April storms.  He'd previously been out of work since the housing market crashed.  An Auburn bud of his, that had been in a similar situation, called him, and they got lots of rebuilt/repair work since, but it had slowed down.  Now he's up in the Centerpoint area with more work.  He's thankful for the work at least.  Says the pictures on TV don't do justice to the amount of damage up there.

It doesn't.   The big one that ripped through Tanner, East Limestone, Harvest and Anderson Hills came about 3 miles from our house.  It was massive.  When you feel the vibrations, hear shit hitting your house and see debris (insulation, sheetrock, trash and 2X6's)  landing in your yard, it will freak you out.

I drive through HWY 72 everyday, HWY 31 and I-65 often and you can still see the damage.   No where near close to being cleaned up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 04:47:41 PM »
It doesn't.   The big one that ripped through Tanner, East Limestone, Harvest and Anderson Hills came about 3 miles from our house.  It was massive.  When you feel the vibrations, hear shitake hitting your house and see debris (insulation, sheetrock, trash and 2X6's)  landing in your yard, it will freak you out.

I drive through HWY 72 everyday, HWY 31 and I-65 often and you can still see the damage.   No where near close to being cleaned up.

Not long after the storms I drove up Wall Triana towards Harvest to run an errand.  The brush and debris was piled up higher than my truck on both sides of the road.  It was like driving down a tunnel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 05:11:43 PM »
Not long after the storms I drove up Wall Triana towards Harvest to run an errand.  The brush and debris was piled up higher than my truck on both sides of the road.  It was like driving down a tunnel.

Yeah, it was really weird for a while driving down the road and things not being there anymore. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 06:46:13 PM »
Centerpoint huh?

:thumsup: :muttley: :kimclap: :10: :bc:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."