Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WTF

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
WTF
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »
15 years old and in the 8th grade?
Eighth-grader charged as adult for bringing gun to school

A 15-year-old has been charged as an adult for bringing a gun to his Southeast Side elementary school on Monday. The gun was not discharged and no one was injured.

The eighth-grade boy was at the elementary school Monday afternoon when someone working at the school saw him pull a gun from his backpack and show it to other students before dismissal, according to Grand Crossing police Lt. Tim Bickham.

The worker notified a school security guard, an off-duty Chicago Police officer, who called police. Officers responded to the boy’s home, were given permission to enter, and located the gun in the backpack, the lieutenant said.

The gun was not fired and no one was hurt, Bickham said.

The boy was charged as an adult with unlawful use of a weapon in a school, Bickham said.

He apparently appeared in bond court Wednesday, but court information was not immediately known.

Calumet Area youth division police are investigating.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1002190,skulgun061208.article
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: WTF
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 02:48:42 PM »
that takes a special kind of talent :rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 05:12:57 PM »
15 years old and in the 8th grade?

Well, it took the Clinton administration to normalize failure and legitimize the underachieving thug sub-cultures in America.  You just wait until Emperor Barack turns us all into peasants and piss-ants... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 05:17:46 PM »
You just wait until Emperor Barack turns us all into peasants and piss-ants... 

Speak for yourself.  I'm upwardly mobile and shooting for the "Landed Aristocracy" tag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:29:01 PM »
Speak for yourself.  I'm upwardly mobile and shooting for the "Landed Aristocracy" tag.

That's what you think...  You just wait until this batch of lie-yers floods the legal industry.  I wonder what they'll do when these losers are incapable of passing the bar.  They'll probably just absolve that grading system too.

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2008/06/02/stanford

Stanford Law Drops Letter Grades
The faculty at Stanford Law School voted last week to approve a grade reform proposal that would eliminate letters and replace them with four levels of achievement. The decision came after a long period of discussion among students and faculty that weighed issues such as collegiality, anxiety and fairness. The debate may be spreading to other law schools across the country.

Stanford’s new system — which will award grades of honors, pass, restricted credit and no credit — resembles that at Yale Law School, whose four grades are honors, pass, low pass and fail. Across the bay, the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law also eschews letter grades but has two levels above pass: honors and high honors.

Those who support the change at Stanford argue that shifting from the precision of letter grades to broader categories will reduce some pressure and refocus students’ and professors’ energies on classroom learning. Others worry that de-emphasizing students’ GPAs could disadvantage them with potential employers, although that hasn’t proven to be an issue with new Yale or Berkeley lawyers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 05:33:27 PM »
That's what you think...  You just wait until this batch of lie-yers floods the legal industry.  I wonder what they'll do when these losers are incapable of passing the bar.  They'll probably just absolve that grading system too.

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2008/06/02/stanford

Passing the bar is no sweat if you attend half of your classes and pay for a bar review course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.