Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dear Mr. Trotter

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Dear Mr. Trotter
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 03:44:08 PM »
Don't agree with some of what you wrote. 

Trotter was light years ahead of Clunt last night.  He turned some bad plays into positives.  He played with confidence (something missing since the second half at Clemson for some reason).  He didn't play like he was apologizing for being on the field. 

How many times did Trotter evade pressure?  That to me is a key difference.  Pressure Clint and he folds up faster than a boy scout tent at a Sandusky family reunion.   Look in his direction and he wilts to the ground. 

My dollar store analysis is pretty simple.  Trotter struggled a little bit and started playing fearfully.  Afraid that his next mistake was going to be the one that got him yanked.  You do that and you're in a world of shit.  Clint was never better and he played like a stumbling turd in most games.  But with Moseley looking over his shoulder on every snap it got in Trotter's head and he blew up. 

Don't think there's any question we needed one more threat.  Maybe we misused Lutz and he could have been that.  Trotter needed one more weapon and no Clint slouching around. 

We played with confidence.  When's the last time we exhibited any of that?  For fuck's sake we dinked around with SAM-fucking-FORD.   Played with no faith that day.  Why?  Don't think a soul trusted Clint to be the leader.  He's NOT a leader. 

Clint Moseley is NEVER going to be the guy who wins a game for you.  He plays all 60 last night and we get fucking BEAT.  Yep, I said that and I mean it.  You can babble about not playing that much better and outmanning the Hoos, but if CM doesn't get injured we lose.  L.O.S.E. 

I don't think Trotter invented sliced bread and I'm not sure he's ever even eaten any.  But he was a ton better and AU played a ton better last night.
^ This^
I told Jumbo, last night, that if we didn't have such a horrible OL, Moseley wouldn't have gotten hurt.

I think Emory and Trovon going down early in the season, having horrible OL play and looking over his shoulder, caused Trotter to press (try to make things happen) while running away from pressure...on top of his knee injury from the year before (notice Trotter did sport his knee brace last night).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 03:46:30 PM »
Evidence:

Auburn punted on its first two series with Moseley at quarterback. Then the Tigers didn't punt again, or at least over their next six possessions, five of which ended in touchdowns and another in a missed field goal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »
Don't agree with some of what you wrote. 

Trotter was light years ahead of Clunt last night.  He turned some bad plays into positives.  He played with confidence (something missing since the second half at Clemson for some reason).  He didn't play like he was apologizing for being on the field. 

How many times did Trotter evade pressure?  That to me is a key difference.  Pressure Clint and he folds up faster than a boy scout tent at a Sandusky family reunion.   Look in his direction and he wilts to the ground. 

My dollar store analysis is pretty simple.  Trotter struggled a little bit and started playing fearfully.  Afraid that his next mistake was going to be the one that got him yanked.  You do that and you're in a world of shit.  Clint was never better and he played like a stumbling turd in most games.  But with Moseley looking over his shoulder on every snap it got in Trotter's head and he blew up. 

Don't think there's any question we needed one more threat.  Maybe we misused Lutz and he could have been that.  Trotter needed one more weapon and no Clint slouching around. 

We played with confidence.  When's the last time we exhibited any of that?  For fuck's sake we dinked around with SAM-fucking-FORD.   Played with no faith that day.  Why?  Don't think a soul trusted Clint to be the leader.  He's NOT a leader. 

Clint Moseley is NEVER going to be the guy who wins a game for you.  He plays all 60 last night and we get fucking BEAT.  Yep, I said that and I mean it.  You can babble about not playing that much better and outmanning the Hoos, but if CM doesn't get injured we lose.  L.O.S.E. 

I don't think Trotter invented sliced bread and I'm not sure he's ever even eaten any.  But he was a ton better and AU played a ton better last night.

Can't disagree.  Trotter was better.  I said that.  Much of the "pressure" he got was from holding the ball too long.  Same shit he's always done.  Was his mind right because there was nothing to fear?  Don't know.  Overall, though, he played well enough.   He was aided by slightly improved OL play, and I can't say this enough, Emory Blake.  I really didn't think a WR would be that much of a difference maker, but it caused UVa's defense to have to play us honest, and that gave Malzahn the ability to do some things he's not been able to do since mid season when everybody figured out we couldn't advance the ball by passing past the line of scrimmage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 11:18:59 PM »
Apparently sorry wasn't good enough.  I don't say it very often.  As my mea was culpa'd by Mr. Trotter I see no need to increase the quantity of apologies in the future.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 11:25:48 PM »
Apparently sorry wasn't good enough.  I don't say it very often.  As my mea was culpa'd by Mr. Trotter I see no need to increase the quantity of apologies in the future.

You are the reason he left and now we only have three scholly QBs.

Thanks asshole!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 04:25:57 AM »
You are the reason he left and now we only have three scholly QBs.

Thanks asshole!
Yeah we gonna be the D1 version of the Broncos w/o Frothro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 08:11:52 AM »
Yeah we gonna be the D1 version of the Broncos w/o Frothro.

Broncos run the zone read better.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg