Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dear Mr. Trotter

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Dear Mr. Trotter
« on: January 01, 2012, 01:38:01 AM »
I am sorry.

But first of all, fuck you.  Where the fuck did you go at halftime of the Clemson game?  Were you kidnapped and was your evil twin taking your place until you overpowered him during Christmas? 

I am still sorry. 

You are better than Moseley.  It isn't close.  Was that so hard?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

Re: Dear Mr. Trotter
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 02:12:07 AM »
I am sorry.

But first of all, fuck you.  Where the fuck did you go at halftime of the Clemson game?  Were you kidnapped and was your evil twin taking your place until you overpowered him during Christmas? 

I am still sorry. 

The only guy higher than Trotter is OMac. And we have a chance to right the wrong of this past Clemson debacle with a rematch in 2012.
 :bar:  Here's to tutors and good advice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 02:39:10 AM »
I am sorry.

I am still sorry. 

It's like I think it and you type it.  I had a few folks on the MARTA laughing at my trying to explain how Trotter went full tard at Clemson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 03:00:35 AM »
So, we're back at square one in the QB situation, especially with a new OC coming in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 03:26:56 AM »
So, we're back at square one in the QB situation, especially with a new OC coming in.
I would say so. With better protection Trotter shows a good grasp as opposed to the UNK of Frazier and the possible emergence of the incoming FR  Pike. I'm not sold on Moseley nor a guy that hasn't proven he can throw a ball to the right team or any true freshman.
 You put Dyer, Omac Lutz and Blake with transfers, some returning injured and a retooled O-line and I'm thinking 9 or 10 wins if we can get some kind of improved pass defense to go with an assumed better run D and very good special teams.That means we have to beat two of the teams that beat us. And Clemson is one of those teams. But with a QB shuffle we will almost certainly crash and burn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 10:21:37 AM »
I got news for you.  Trotter was no better last night than he was the first few games of the season.  Well, maybe a little, but not much.  He missed reads.  He was late on throws.   Blake helped the offense a great deal.  Malzahn made a living off of reverses and well designed trick plays last night.   Should Trotter have been left in at the UF game?  Don't know really, but I get why he wasn't.  I also got why Mosley didn't win the job from the start too.  It was clear to me, and was confirmed last night, that they don't trust Frazier to throw the ball.  Is that because he can't or because they didn't have time to coach him in the passing game due to Trotter and Mosley needing extra work?  We'll find out.  Can he be brought up to speed and make an SEC QB?  He is, after all, still a true Fr. 

Auburn wasn't that much better as a team last night.  The Defense was better at times, but inconsistent.  We beat the teams we out-manned this year, and lost to the ones that out-manned us.  People whine of "blowout losses" but fail to see that the teams that did that were THAT much better.   Pissed that we were out-manned like that?  Whine about letters from Jacobs blaming Tubs, but we had no upperclassmen to speak of on this team, and the failed recruiting efforts of 2007-08 are the reason.

We played ok last night, and overall I was happy with the performance, but it wasn't much different from the rest of the season.   UVa was a very average team, from a very average conference.  Bammer and LSU are both top 16 in Scoring Off. yet when they faced either other, generated 0 TD's between them.  They're THAT fucking good.   Despite people running their yaps about how "Richt can't coach", UGA was a good team after they stumbled out of the gate. 

Trotter answered the bell, having gotten few of the reps in bowl practice, assuming bowl media reports were accurate, and that speaks well of him.  Could he get better for next year?  Don't know.  Will he even be around?  Don't know. 

You can bitch about needing to be in the I formation, play calling, being blown out by some of the best teams in years, youth not being an excuse, or whatever...Chizik and his staff didn't lose a game this year to a team they should have beaten, and won up to 2x the games some predicted we'd win.   They got the team ready to play in the bowl game, and they won convincingly, despite multiple distractions.   8-5?  Better than expected. 

Bammer and LSU's recruiting classes are almost full, and we have 9 slots left.  We have some good players still on the board, and I think we finish strong. Overall, I'm ok with how things are going. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:41:54 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 10:40:45 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »
I got news for you.  Trotter was no better last night than he was the first few games of the season.  Well, maybe a little, but not much.  He missed reads.  He was late on throws.   Blake helped the offense a great deal. 

...and yet he was STILL 300 times better than Moseley has been in any game this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »
...and yet he was STILL 300 times better than Moseley has been in any game this season.

Yep, and yet...everybody was screaming for Mosley early. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »
Trotter can run the offense we grew to expect before Cam...and with ample time, can deliver the throws.
And I hope I never see another Auburn QB take the field in relief of another just for the sake of a change of pace with a kid that isn't allowed to throw because...Virginia is within eleven points? How's that for bringing along a kid and building his confidence? I can't beat up Moseley because he (or Malzahn's playbook) was not going to find his/its rythym  until special teams gave us a leg up.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »
I got news for you.  Trotter was no better last night than he was the first few games of the season.  Well, maybe a little, but not much.  He missed reads.  He was late on throws.   Blake helped the offense a great deal.  Malzahn made a living off of reverses and well designed trick plays last night.   Should Trotter have been left in at the UF game?  Don't know really, but I get why he wasn't.  I also got why Mosley didn't win the job from the start too.  It was clear to me, and was confirmed last night, that they don't trust Frazier to throw the ball.  Is that because he can't or because they didn't have time to coach him in the passing game due to Trotter and Mosley needing extra work?  We'll find out.  Can he be brought up to speed and make an SEC QB?  He is, after all, still a true Fr. 

Auburn wasn't that much better as a team last night.  The Defense was better at times, but inconsistent.  We beat the teams we out-manned this year, and lost to the ones that out-manned us.  People whine of "blowout losses" but fail to see that the teams that did that were THAT much better.   Pissed that we were out-manned like that?  Whine about letters from Jacobs blaming Tubs, but we had no upperclassmen to speak of on this team, and the failed recruiting efforts of 2007-08 are the reason.

We played ok last night, and overall I was happy with the performance, but it wasn't much different from the rest of the season.   UVa was a very average team, from a very average conference.  Bammer and LSU are both top 16 in Scoring Off. yet when they faced either other, generated 0 TD's between them.  They're THAT fucking good.   Despite people running their yaps about how "Richt can't coach", UGA was a good team after they stumbled out of the gate. 

Trotter answered the bell, having gotten few of the reps in bowl practice, assuming bowl media reports were accurate, and that speaks well of him.  Could he get better for next year?  Don't know.  Will he even be around?  Don't know. 

You can bitch about needing to be in the I formation, play calling, being blown out by some of the best teams in years, youth not being an excuse, or whatever...Chizik and his staff didn't lose a game this year to a team they should have beaten, and won up to 2x the games some predicted we'd win.   They got the team ready to play in the bowl game, and they won convincingly, despite multiple distractions.   8-5?  Better than expected. 

Bammer and LSU's recruiting classes are almost full, and we have 9 slots left.  We have some good players still on the board, and I think we finish strong. Overall, I'm ok with how things are going.

I still don't agree with you on Gus vs bammer game (he went full tard), but I think this is the best assessment you have ever written. I agree 100%.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:58:44 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 12:30:50 PM »
I still don't agree with you on Gus vs bammer game (he went full tard), but I think this is the best assessment you have ever written. I agree 100%.

What assessment have I written on Gus vs bammer?  I haven't but here it is: Mosley at QB, young OL, no Blake, possibly (with what we know now) a problem in Dyer's attitude, vs the best Def. in the land.  He had jack shit to work with, and vs the toughest D in the land to score on.  Did Gus make mistakes?  I have no doubt he did, nobody, no coach, is perfect.  I have no doubt that he, with the approval of Chiz, put together a game plan that he honestly thought would give them the best chance to advance the ball and score points. I don't know a coach that would do otherwise intentionally.    If you think that loss was the result of play calling, that a different "playbook" would have made a major difference...then I can't help you. 

And, BTW, the Gus bus has left Auburn, so, it's a "mute point" says Stan White.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:34:33 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 12:33:25 PM »
Yep, and yet...everybody was screaming for Mosley early.
At that time though we needed Moseley. Trotter was a shell, I think he locks on to Emory.

I also still believe that we got beat by better teams this year (with exception of Georgia) and that we would have needed picture perfect games to win and with the youth we weren't going to get it.

All the talking heads kept saying we would be the first NC team to lose 6 games, well I'm sorry but fuck you. No other NC team lost the players we lost and played a schedule like ours. We lost to the #18 UGA,  #14 Clemson, #7 Arky, #2 updykes, and #1 LSU.  All on the road minus bammer.

All in all we all knew this was going to be a long season.  Record wise we are about where I had expected us to be. The disappointments were of course no QB progression and what to expect at the position for 2012. Defense and offensive inconsistencies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »
At that time though we needed Moseley. Trotter was a shell, I think he locks on to Emory.

I also still believe that we got beat by better teams this year (with exception of Georgia) and that we would have needed picture perfect games to win and with the youth we weren't going to get it.

All the talking heads kept saying we would be the first NC team to lose 6 games, well I'm sorry but fuck you. No other NC team lost the players we lost and played a schedule like ours. We lost to the #18 UGA,  #14 Clemson, #7 Arky, #2 updykes, and #1 LSU.  All on the road minus bammer.

All in all we all knew this was going to be a long season.  Record wise we are about where I had expected us to be. The disappointments were of course no QB progression and what to expect at the position for 2012. Defense and offensive inconsistencies.

UGA wasn't in the league of bammer or LSU, though they played LSU off their feet for a half.  They were very good at the end of the season.  And, like the other good teams their 2 deep was loaded with Sr and Jr. players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »
Now, it's time for Chizik to really earn his money and hire a couple of good to great coordinators, so they can finish strong with those 9 open slots. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
Now, it's time for Chizik to really earn his money and hire a couple of good to great coordinators, so they can finish strong with those 9 open slots.
Yep...this is where Chiz earns his money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 03:24:59 PM »
This guy agrees....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 03:26:20 PM »
This guy agrees....

That guy looks familiar...except for the hair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 03:30:23 PM »

Don't agree with some of what you wrote. 

Trotter was light years ahead of Clunt last night.  He turned some bad plays into positives.  He played with confidence (something missing since the second half at Clemson for some reason).  He didn't play like he was apologizing for being on the field. 

How many times did Trotter evade pressure?  That to me is a key difference.  Pressure Clint and he folds up faster than a boy scout tent at a Sandusky family reunion.   Look in his direction and he wilts to the ground. 

My dollar store analysis is pretty simple.  Trotter struggled a little bit and started playing fearfully.  Afraid that his next mistake was going to be the one that got him yanked.  You do that and you're in a world of shit.  Clint was never better and he played like a stumbling turd in most games.  But with Moseley looking over his shoulder on every snap it got in Trotter's head and he blew up. 

Don't think there's any question we needed one more threat.  Maybe we misused Lutz and he could have been that.  Trotter needed one more weapon and no Clint slouching around. 

We played with confidence.  When's the last time we exhibited any of that?  For fuck's sake we dinked around with SAM-fucking-FORD.   Played with no faith that day.  Why?  Don't think a soul trusted Clint to be the leader.  He's NOT a leader. 

Clint Moseley is NEVER going to be the guy who wins a game for you.  He plays all 60 last night and we get fucking BEAT.  Yep, I said that and I mean it.  You can babble about not playing that much better and outmanning the Hoos, but if CM doesn't get injured we lose.  L.O.S.E. 

I don't think Trotter invented sliced bread and I'm not sure he's ever even eaten any.  But he was a ton better and AU played a ton better last night.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.