• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
A Comforting Word From Tony Franklin
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:09:42 AM »
http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2008/06/auburns_tony_franklin_running.html

Auburn's Tony Franklin: Running backs still as important as ever
Posted by Phillip Marshall, The Huntsville Times June 10, 2008 8:38 PM
Categories: Football

Auburn offensive coordinator Tony Franklin says it is one of many myths about the coming of a spread offense to Auburn.

The widespread belief seems to be that Auburn now wants small, quick running backs and isn't so interested in big bruisers. What Auburn actually wants, Franklin says, is talented running backs.

"You'd kind of like to have a little bit of each," Franklin said. "It's nice to have a really good make-you-miss guy and, at the same time, have a pounder. My theory is take the best ones and adjust to what they can do."

Where there might be a difference in past recruiting of running backs is in the importance of catching the ball.

"If we can't see them catch the ball on film, we have to see them in person," Franklin said. "If they can't catch the ball, that's a huge liability."

The bottom line, Franklin says, is that Auburn is just as much in search of big-time tailbacks now as it ever was.

"I never watched a film and saw a great one and said 'He doesn't really fit,'" Franklin said. "We watched a film the other day on a kid that had been offered by nobody. He was a power runner who had great hands. I just saw a big back who could run fast and had great hands. The rest of it doesn't matter."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: A Comforting Word From Tony Franklin
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 01:59:07 PM »
Refreshing to say the least.  That's why I can't wait to see 217 lb. Mario Fannin catching 5-6 swing passes every game and hitting the line with a full head of steam.  Anyone recall the story of one of Bowden's assistants telling him in a meeting about how Joe Johnson wanted to come to Auburn?  When Bowdern said he wasn't what they were looking for, the assistant asked, "What's wrong, too big or too fast?"

Johnson was about 6'2" and 225 and wound up an All SEC tailback at MSU.  Prowler would have 5 Grilled the kid and let him sip from the Pimp Cup.  Wanted to come to Auburn but Mini-me only wanted the next Warrick Dunn.  So Fred Beasley sat on the bench while Tot brought im bruisers like Markeith Cooper, Rusty Williams, Cencade Pennington.....

Beasley didn't do too awfully bad with the 49'ers did he?  I like Franklin's attitiude. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 02:58:39 PM »
Why everybody gotta dis the Lizard?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 03:23:18 PM »
I have nothing against Geico personally. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »
Refreshing to say the least.  That's why I can't wait to see 217 lb. Mario Fannin catching 5-6 swing passes every game and hitting the line with a full head of steam.  Anyone recall the story of one of Bowden's assistants telling him in a meeting about how Joe Johnson wanted to come to Auburn?  When Bowdern said he wasn't what they were looking for, the assistant asked, "What's wrong, too big or too fast?"

Johnson was about 6'2" and 225 and wound up an All SEC tailback at MSU.  Prowler would have 5 Grilled the kid and let him sip from the Pimp Cup.  Wanted to come to Auburn but Mini-me only wanted the next Warrick Dunn.  So Fred Beasley sat on the bench while Tot brought im bruisers like Markeith Cooper, Rusty Williams, Cencade Pennington.....

Beasley didn't do too awfully bad with the 49'ers did he?  I like Franklin's attitiude. 

Lest we forget how Tot ruined Stephen Davis's run at the Heisman as well.  "Damn! Davis is averaging 8 yds a carry.  We better pull his ass and throw the ball".  I blame the 1995 Little Rock loss squarely on that jackasse's shoulders!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 04:17:16 PM »
Prowler would have 5 Grilled the kid and let him sip from the Pimp Cup.

Purely coincidence but did you mean something like this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 04:35:10 PM »
Shhheeeeiitt.....don't let Prowler see that.  He'll spunk his monitor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 05:59:19 PM »
Purely coincidence but did you mean something like this?
Someone make that a smiley and stat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 06:36:03 PM »
Could someone make these into Similies....or whatever the Fuck they're called

'Preciate it in advance......Peace Mutha Fuckas.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs