Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dissappointed

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Dissappointed
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »
I didn't say that.

I know this, but you've pointed to Auburn's mediocre performance and "no where but up" explanation as if it's a stellar reason for recruits to go to Auburn.  It's a reason for some recruits to go to Auburn, but not all.  Thus, if certain targeted recruits decline to go to Auburn, one can't jump to the conclusion that it was surely caused by something external (such as the media) and had nothing to do with the recent season, because obviously our coaches gave them the fool proof "no where but up" spiel that every recruit should blindly accept.

I never placed blame elsewhere . . .

I know you didn't, but you responded to my post which was directed at those who did.  Maybe I should have said "one can't say" instead of "you can't say."

I stated that your comment insinuating we have no talent on defense and us blaming Roof is...somehow...wrong, is incorrect.  It doesn't "hurt" us exponentially.

A bad year hurts you.  Not with every recruit, no.  And even with recruits who have their opinions changed by a bad year, it may not make them turn away from Auburn completely.  But it would be rather silly to say that a statistically bad year with both poor offensive and defensive showings does not hurt you in some way as far as recruiting.

And again, I never said that blaming Roof is wrong; I said that as hard as you may try to explain that to non-Auburn fans, many people are simply going to see a bad defensive year and not care about the cause.  Many people are going to look at players like Neiko Thorpe and say that the talent was lacking as well.  And sure, many people are going to look at Roof and agree it was his fault, but you can't expect recruits to believe every explanation that the recruiters give to them.  If they did, you'd never lose a potential recruit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »
FYI, we also communicate via instant messenger, Facebook, MySpace, Match.com, and BlackSingles.com.
Plus the glory hole between the offices
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2012, 02:49:12 PM »
VV,

If you're all up in croot's heads, tell me what makes a kid like this: http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Lucas-Thompson-123232;_ylt=AvvFREjmFPV0ojyLlp1KSLNDPZB4 with offers from Miami, USCe, WVU, Kentucky, Louisville, etc, choose the East Fucking Carolina Pirates?  I gots to know.   Saw this kid last night make this committment.  First thing I took from it was the kid was EXTREMELY stressed or nervous about declaring...when asked to give it, almost acted like he didn't want to, then hung his head, mumbled "oh shit" on national TV, and chose the butt  pirates.  I was like, how is ECU even in the conversation with USCe and Miami, which were his final 3?  Then I was like  :wtf:

I honestly don't know where you're getting this nonsense about how I'm claiming to be in recruits' heads.

All I am saying is that when recruiting doesn't go the way you (not you specifically, just a general "you") wanted it to after a statistically bad season, then maybe, just maybe, one of the reasons that you are losing targeted recruits is because of the bad season.

I'm not saying that every recruit that is lost is due to the bad season.  It could have been due to Bama cheating, or Finebaum being an asshole, or the alignment of the stars, or any number of things.  However, all I'm saying is that one thing that you should consider is the previous bad season; all of the blame shouldn't be placed upon external causes as if you executed a flawless season and every recruit should want to come to your school, and if they don't, then obviously the media is fucking with their head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »
I honestly don't know where you're getting this nonsense about how I'm claiming to be in recruits' heads.

All I am saying is that when recruiting doesn't go the way you (not you specifically, just a general "you") wanted it to after a statistically bad season, then maybe, just maybe, one of the reasons that you are losing targeted recruits is because of the bad season.

I'm not saying that every recruit that is lost is due to the bad season.  It could have been due to Bama cheating, or Finebaum being an asshole, or the alignment of the stars, or any number of things.  However, all I'm saying is that one thing that you should consider is the previous bad season; all of the blame shouldn't be placed upon external causes as if you executed a flawless season and every recruit should want to come to your school, and if they don't, then obviously the media is fucking with their head.

3 lawyers going at it about who is right. I like it. Our plan is working.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2012, 02:53:51 PM »
3 lawyers going at it about who is right. I like it. Our plan is working.

Your plan is lame.  You should have devised a plan that made three lawyers "go at it," if you know what I mean.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2012, 02:54:52 PM »
Your plan is lame.  You should have devised a plan that made three lawyers "go at it," if you know what I mean.
Or as you know it, Tuesday night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »

That's your thing, not mine. Remember?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2012, 02:56:35 PM »
They called it "Tuesday de-briefing"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »

Only when Wes is in town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
That's your thing, not mine. Remember?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2012, 03:08:24 PM »

Well, I guess assuming the lawyers going at it aren't Kimberly Guilfoyle, Megyn Kelly and Lis Weihl. I'd be glad to watch those 3 go at it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
What the fuck just happened?  Are we still on for happy hour?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2012, 04:56:34 PM »
This whole thread is...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2012, 05:14:24 PM »
VV,

If you're all up in croot's heads, tell me what makes a kid like this: http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Lucas-Thompson-123232;_ylt=AvvFREjmFPV0ojyLlp1KSLNDPZB4 with offers from Miami, USCe, WVU, Kentucky, Louisville, etc, choose the East Fucking Carolina Pirates?  I gots to know.   Saw this kid last night make this committment.  First thing I took from it was the kid was EXTREMELY stressed or nervous about declaring...when asked to give it, almost acted like he didn't want to, then hung his head, mumbled "oh shit" on national TV, and chose the butt  pirates.  I was like, how is ECU even in the conversation with USCe and Miami, which were his final 3?  Then I was like  :wtf:
I would guess grades. But that's just a guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2012, 07:25:36 PM »
I would guess grades. But that's just a guess.
Three commits in a row last night chose a school very close to home including Ward, the kid from MD and the above mentioned to East Carolina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2012, 06:30:12 AM »
I didn't read everyone's posts, so I'm not sure if this has been stated...

The year after LSU won the '07 BCSNC...check their record (8-5), how bad they were beaten in their loses (#12 UF 51-21, #9 UGA 52-38, #1 uat 27-21, Ole Miss 31-13, Arkansas 31-30), notice their Bowl game (Chic Fil-a Bowl against GT). LSU didn't have to replace nearly every starter across the board, some of their backups, play one of the toughest schedules in the Country and have to go against "the machine" during that season.

Where are they now?

I'm not saying that in a few years Auburn will back in the NC Game (12/21/12 could end that thought), but what I'm saying is that Coach Chizik needs to have all of his focus on the OC & DC hires, fuck recruiting for now....make the best hire possible, then blaze a path through the prospects that are still on board with Auburn, still on the "Hotboard" or committed elsewhere. Build for the future, fuck everything else.

Let the coaches do what they do and Auburn fans stop fucking worrying about every damn thing. Let the Head Man make the OC/DC hires and let him show the recruits that Auburn isn't going anywhere, but up.

$5 says that whomever Coach Chizik brings in as OC or DC, there will be Auburn fans that have a problem with them.

"Perception is a powerful tool." - The Prowler
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:59:42 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2012, 12:11:38 PM »

The year after LSU won the '07 BCSNC...check their record (8-5), how bad they were beaten in their loses (#12 UF 51-21, #9 UGA 52-38, #1 uat 27-21, Ole Miss 31-13, Arkansas 31-30), notice their Bowl game (Chic Fil-a Bowl against GT). LSU didn't have to replace nearly every starter across the board, some of their backups, play one of the toughest schedules in the Country and have to go against "the machine" during that season.

Where are they now?

I'm not saying that in a few years Auburn will back in the NC Game (12/21/12 could end that thought), but what I'm saying is that Coach Chizik needs to have all of his focus on the OC & DC hires, fuck recruiting for now....make the best hire possible, then blaze a path through the prospects that are still on board with Auburn, still on the "Hotboard" or committed elsewhere. Build for the future, fuck everything else.

Let the coaches do what they do and Auburn fans stop fucking worrying about every damn thing. Let the Head Man make the OC/DC hires and let him show the recruits that Auburn isn't going anywhere, but up.

$5 says that whomever Coach Chizik brings in as OC or DC, there will be Auburn fans that have a problem with them.

I've been all around the boards and the opinions are all over the place. I'm not much in favor of an in -house promotion  but then you run the risk of losing stellar recruiters and/or staff members the players really like over a guy that might only stay a year or so like a Ron Zook. I have no idea where this is going but as a fan I'm very content with Chizik's hires so far. We will probably know something by weeks end and can make up some ground in recruiting. Still of all the kids we have seen in the two all-star games that were ready to announce, I only sensed that Ward and possibly Bush were real possibilities and in the end they both wanted to stay close to home.     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2012, 01:49:13 PM »

Where are they now?

Recruiting is the future.  You never put it on the back burner. 

Scouring the planet for the next offensive/defensive genius is overblown by fans.

As for some fans having problems with the hires...you can fucking bank on it, no matter who it is. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 01:51:19 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2012, 02:16:12 PM »

Where are they now?

I'm not saying that in a few years Auburn will back in the NC Game (12/21/12 could end that thought), but what I'm saying is that Coach Chizik needs to have all of his focus on the OC & DC hires, fuck recruiting for now....

If you're using LSU as a comparable measuring stick and suggesting that Auburn might be in a much better place in several years, then you also need to look at LSU's recruiting after their 8-5 season.  They had the #2 recruiting class in 2009.

Is this the reason they bounced back so quickly?  Maybe, maybe not, but it's certainly one factor that needs to be included in the comparison.  Like JR said, recruiting is the future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2012, 01:06:46 AM »
Recruiting is the future.  You never put it on the back burner. 

Scouring the planet for the next offensive/defensive genius is overblown by fans.

As for some fans having problems with the hires...you can fucking bank on it, no matter who it is.

Nobody puts recruiting in a corner
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum