Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

OC/DC Being Hired After Bowl Game "A Very Good Possibility"

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: OC/DC Being Hired After Bowl Game "A Very Good Possibility"
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »
I think I would like this hire...

Me too. At first there just wasn't much excitement in hearing the OC from the Jaguars but his name rung a bell. Now, me thinks this this would be a great hire. His college background backed but some NFL coaching would seem to help in cruiten as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »
First of all, we all know College Success ≠ NFL Success, but just having that NFL experience is invaluable (See Saban, Petrino, Spurrier).

His 1997 Oregon team broke school records for offensive production. Put Boise on the map, as mentioned. His 2005 Offense at Arizona State was 2nd in the nation.

When he had a decent QB in his first year in Jacksonville, he improved their offense from 10th in the league to 7th.  This year he's working with a rookie QB and no WRs.
Uh...what? The invaluable experience of losing?

Saban 15 - 17 (2 years then bolted)

Spurrier 12 - 20 (2 years then bolted)

Petrino  3 - 10 (Only stayed for 13 games...then bolted)

After watching a few Jag's games this year, they suck because of their offense, not their defense.   Makes me uneasy.  Just saying. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »
Uh...what? The invaluable experience of losing?

Saban 15 - 17 (2 years then bolted)

Spurrier 12 - 20 (2 years then bolted)

That was exactly my point.

They all blew dicks in the NFL and were successful at the college level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »

They were also 22 in the league in 2001, right before we hired their OC, Bobby Petrino.

I think Auburn did pretty good then Petrino was OC. He has done pretty good as a CFB also. Like Chizad stated, those records in the NFL can be misleading to the worth of a coach in the college ranks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »
That was exactly my point.

They all blew dicks in the NFL and were successful at the college level.
True, but, Harbaugh did it at Stanford and is also successful in the NFL.  Spurrier has done ok at USC and Petrino is the same at Arkansas.  They are doing well, not fantastic.  The only one out of the three that has won a championship...including conference championship...is Saban.

My point is that it's all relative...and that Jacksonville's offense blows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 10:04:43 AM »
Chizik Receives a Gift from Former Head Coach

Auburn had seemed lost in its search to replace offensive guru Gus Malzahn; however, Gene Chizik found what could possibly be the only candidate better than what the Gus Bus did for the Auburn Tiger football team.

He found a former head coach who has experience managing and motivating a college football team: Jacksonville Jaguar offensive coordinator and former Arizona St head coach Dirk Koetter.

The coordinator position at Auburn is different than any other coordinator position in the country. 

For one, Auburn is open about its importance by making the coach the highest paid assistant in the country. 

Secondly, Gene Chizik has placed a responsibility on the position that other schools do not: he expects the OC to be the glue that holds the team together.

With struggling defenses over the last three years, Chizik has relied heavily on the production of the offense.  The offensive spark has not only brought success on the field but also off the field. 

As one recruit was overhead at a seven-on-seven camp at the University of Alabama, "That Gus offense straight up, man.  Even as a defensive guy, I got interested in what they be selling over there at Auburn." 

While "selling" has certainly been a hot topic for the Auburn Tiger football team, it's no secret that Gus's offense made their sell a valuable product. 

But Koetter brings something even better: the qualities of a true head coach.

When Gene Chizik was brought into Auburn, he was met by a coterie of Auburn fans whose caustic response included a showering of boos.  He had barely stepped off of the plane before he was littered with the way the fans truly felt: that he was unfit to be a head coach in the SEC.

But now he has made an earnest attempt to appease the Auburn fanbase. 

He won the national championship with a legendary player, a genius offensive coordinator, and just enough slip ups by the opposition.

Now he'll attempt to win another as he abides by the guidance and instruction from his new offensive coordinator, Dirk Koetter, who just may also carry the title assistant Head Coach.

www.auburnboughtcamnewton.com/woodberry/auburnneverwinsfair
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 10:04:55 AM »
True, but, Harbaugh did it at Stanford and is also successful in the NFL.  Spurrier has done ok at USC and Petrino is the same at Arkansas.  They are doing well, not fantastic.  The only one out of the three that has won a championship...including conference championship...is Saban.

My point is that it's all relative...and that Jacksonville's offense blows.

They sometimes forget how to tutor and develop players.  Then, at times, they re-remember.  Same with play calling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2011, 10:30:53 AM »
www.auburnboughtcamnewton.com/woodberry/auburnneverwinsfair
SRSLY.

Where'd that come from?

We didn't hire Koetter yet, did we?

Did you write that? If so, kudos, because it is indistinguishable from an actual al.com article.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:33:19 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 11:16:25 AM »
SRSLY.

Where'd that come from?

We didn't hire Koetter yet, did we?

Did you write that? If so, kudos, because it is indistinguishable from an actual al.com article.

It's amazing how inspired one can be when the wife says the morning after a Christmas party, "Honey, can you come clean the dishes when you're finished on the computer?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 06:17:57 PM »
...and that Jacksonville's offense blows.

That J'ville offense has a rookie QB that is dead last in passer rating and yards per game too.  Not to mention a cast of WRs, and OL that I've never heard of.  Completes only 50% of his passes and has yet to hit the 2000 yd mark through 14 games.   They also have the league leader in rushing attempts, and rushing yards through 14 games, and that tells me something about the guy that I think is positive. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 08:42:04 PM »
I'm just glad it's not the guy from Southern Miss. This thing looks fugly!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 10:13:57 PM »
I'm just glad it's not the guy from Southern Miss. This thing looks fugly!

Agree, always best to make such decisions on one performance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
Agree, always best to make such decisions on one performance.

I think evaluating coaches on their bowl performance is a good indicator as to how they can motivate the kids. I HATED Tubs approach to bowls. It always looked like he could care less.
And right now, USM is showing some not give a shittedness against one of those out west midlevels. Does it mean it is the coach's fault? Not sure, but up until now, the O did not look very exciting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2011, 10:58:13 PM »
I think evaluating coaches on their bowl performance is a good indicator as to how they can motivate the kids. I HATED Tubs approach to bowls. It always looked like he could care less.
And right now, USM is showing some not give a shittedness against one of those out west midlevels. Does it mean it is the coach's fault? Not sure, but up until now, the O did not look very exciting.

Excellent attempted rationalization of your point.  Still..

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 12:52:37 AM »
Still don't want him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2011, 02:11:22 AM »
Still don't want him.

Me either.  I have seen them play a few times this year and I don't like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2011, 07:17:25 PM »
It's going to rain tonight
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2011, 01:07:51 AM »
It's going to rain men tonight
Hallelujah!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 09:29:29 AM »
I been seeing Greg Hudsons name come up often by many different people here lately. Right now he is the LB coach and assistant HC at FSU. Before that he was the DC at ECU I believe. From what I have read, this would be a pretty good hire I think.

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hudson_greg00.html
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:32:47 AM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions