funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Rick Perry: Strong
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 03:56:20 PM »
"Hi.  I'm Rick Perry.  By now, you've probably realized that men who renounce homosexuality as fervently as I do are usually fucking young boys in showers and basements.  Sincerely, Rick Perry." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 04:43:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:10:52 PM »
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/12/rick_perrys_ant.php

A Harvard music major noticed the the connection and sent the author of the Political Review post an email saying, "Just realized this: the music in Rick Perry's new anti-gay ad is by Aaron Copland, a famous 20th Century American composer...who was an outspoken gay Jew." Copland also supported the Communist Party.

The ad rapidly became the second-most "disliked" video on YouTube. Just to clarify: the hundreds of thousands of people hate Rick Perry, not Aaron Copland.

UPDATE: New Yorker music critic Alex Ross writes on his blog about the origins of the music:
A feeble soundtrack gestures in the direction of the "Americana" style of Aaron Copland, and in particular of Appalachian Spring. You can see what I mean by comparing the ad itself...to the opening and closing sections of Appalachian Spring...the music is not by Copland, although it certainly attempts to get close.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole