dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Re: Malzahn to UNC....*skreetz*
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 02:42:17 PM »
I don't care for Trooper Taylor for a number of reasons. Sue me.

Do you know him personally?  Ever even met him?  If not, I can pretty well nail down most of your reason(s). 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 02:43:27 PM »
It's the backwards hat, gotta be!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »
Do you know him personally?  Ever even met him?  If not, I can pretty well nail down most of your reason(s).

I have met him and spoken with him. I don't care for the way he does things. I have that right. I would hate to have Bobby Petrino here as well for the same reasons. I don't like how he operates. Personal preference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 02:50:12 PM »
I have met him and spoken with him. I don't care for the way he does things. I have that right. I would hate to have Bobby Petrino here as well for the same reasons. I don't like how he operates. Personal preference.

Elaborate?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 03:03:08 PM »
Elaborate?

No. I see what you are trying to do and I'm not going to continue this. Personal preference and opinion. Moving on.

What do you all make of Malzhan in Chapel Hill? I actually think it's a bold move for both. It will be interesting to see what he is like as a the head coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 03:04:44 PM »
I got my picture made with him.  I turned my hat around backwards. 

I don't know how he does things on whatever levels NC is talking about.  I know some have expressed concern over development of receivers.  Could be, but I tend to look at the state of that group before he got there. I've also said before that in the practices I've been to, he's the one coach who consistently stops what's going on after a play and does one on one instruction with his guy.  Don't know if he's telling him the right things or not, but he definitely works hard with them.  I think the guy is obviously a top flight recruiter and motivator. Don't think his style would lend itself to a head coach position at a BCS program, but what do I know.  The next game I corch will be my first.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 03:10:44 PM »
No. I see what you are trying to do and I'm not going to continue this. Personal preference and opinion. Moving on.

Whatever.

What do you all make of Malzhan in Chapel Hill? I actually think it's a bold move for both. It will be interesting to see what he is like as a the head coach.

You can win there.  It's been done.  He'll always be second fiddle to BBall, but he can keep them happy winning 8 or 9 games, and if he can maintain that for a 2 or 3 year period, he can get a better gig.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 03:11:57 PM »
I have met him and spoken with him.
I got my picture made with him.  I turned my hat around backwards. 
I've got you all beat.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:12:32 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »
I've got you all beat.

Damn name dropper

Hard not to like the guy.  He seems to be the same all the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 03:42:54 PM »
I've got you all beat.

Pfft...I don't even see a glimpse of Jameis Winston in the pic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 04:12:58 PM »
100% of the bammer nation wants Coach Trooper away from Auburn, 100% of the Auburn family wants Coach Troop to stay put...Keep trying bammer, Newcastle, you'll eventually learn.

Btw, Coach Malzahn would be taking Keihl Frazier with him, leaving Auburn with Clint Mosely and Zeke Pike (Trotter will quit football).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 04:19:34 PM »
Here's the thing with Trooper that I've always had an issue with.

There is a cultural issue, especially in Alabama, where his actions are normal.  I've worked with people like him before and I still do.  Do they say things sometimes that might be deemed inappropriate for television?  Sure, but we all do. 

There was a huge debate here about the whole "mcnurra" thing.  I think everyone here knows good and damn well that he said something along the lines of "my nigga".  But who cares?  That is much more common than people want to believe for whatever reason.  I don't have a problem with it.  His behavior came up again in the iron bowl where he was allegedly talking to Dre Kirkpatrick from the sidelines.  I seen a few people comment about his talking to shit to a college player.  It was to the point that some of the media went to Dre to ask him what was said specifically so they could make a huge story out of it.  Problem was, Dre totally dismissed it.  Said that Trooper did say something to him, but he's like family since Troop recruited him. 

Again, was Trooper talking shit to Dre?  Probably, but they are fine with it.  They enjoy that kind of behavior, so who gives a damn?  Who's business is it if they want to yap at each other when Dre is near the sideline? 

I know there's still a huge racial issue brewing although we don't' talk about it.  But some people need to get the fuck over it.  Some of these kids being recruited now weren't raised in mansions on the river, and they don't speak like a college professor.  A lot of them were raised in the bricks and have an uncle who probably acts in the same manner as Trooper.  They connect with him, and that's why he's a good recruiter.  And just because they weren't raised in mansions or come from family doesn't make them bad kids.  It doesn't matter if we like or don't like how he does things.  It also doesn't matter what kind of relationship he has with the players or how he interacts with him as long as he isn't fucking them in the showers.   The guy is a good recruiter, if he's nothing else, and I don't see why anyone would want him gone. 

Until he gets caught cheating or raping boys, might as well get over it.  He's going to act how he's going to act and he's going to talk how he's going to talk.  Nothing wrong with it, even if you don't like the idea of him yapping at some of the opposing players that he has a relationship with.  And if you think it's wrong that he refers to some of the players as "my nigga", then you'd really be pissed if you sat in the locker room and heard how many of them interact with one another. 

In other words, get the fuck over it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 04:27:34 PM »

Btw, Coach Malzahn would be taking Keihl Frazier with him

No. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 04:30:07 PM »
Here's the thing with Trooper that I've always had an issue with.

There is a cultural issue, especially in Alabama, where his actions are normal.  I've worked with people like him before and I still do.  Do they say things sometimes that might be deemed inappropriate for television?  Sure, but we all do. 

There was a huge debate here about the whole "mcnurra" thing.  I think everyone here knows good and damn well that he said something along the lines of "my nigga".  But who cares?  That is much more common than people want to believe for whatever reason.  I don't have a problem with it.  His behavior came up again in the iron bowl where he was allegedly talking to Dre Kirkpatrick from the sidelines.  I seen a few people comment about his talking to shit to a college player.  It was to the point that some of the media went to Dre to ask him what was said specifically so they could make a huge story out of it.  Problem was, Dre totally dismissed it.  Said that Trooper did say something to him, but he's like family since Troop recruited him. 

Again, was Trooper talking shit to Dre?  Probably, but they are fine with it.  They enjoy that kind of behavior, so who gives a damn?  Who's business is it if they want to yap at each other when Dre is near the sideline? 

I know there's still a huge racial issue brewing although we don't' talk about it.  But some people need to get the fuck over it.  Some of these kids being recruited now weren't raised in mansions on the river, and they don't speak like a college professor.  A lot of them were raised in the bricks and have an uncle who probably acts in the same manner as Trooper.  They connect with him, and that's why he's a good recruiter.  And just because they weren't raised in mansions or come from family doesn't make them bad kids.  It doesn't matter if we like or don't like how he does things.  It also doesn't matter what kind of relationship he has with the players or how he interacts with him as long as he isn't fucking them in the showers.   The guy is a good recruiter, if he's nothing else, and I don't see why anyone would want him gone. 

Until he gets caught cheating or raping boys, might as well get over it.  He's going to act how he's going to act and he's going to talk how he's going to talk.  Nothing wrong with it, even if you don't like the idea of him yapping at some of the opposing players that he has a relationship with.  And if you think it's wrong that he refers to some of the players as "my nigga", then you'd really be pissed if you sat in the locker room and heard how many of them interact with one another. 

In other words, get the fuck over it.

tl;dr LoLz

I agree with this post 100%
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 04:31:12 PM »
No.

Agree, wouldn't that mean he has to sit out a year and lose a year of eligibility? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »
Agree, wouldn't that mean he has to sit out a year and lose a year of eligibility?

Yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 05:10:10 PM »

Btw, Coach Malzahn would be taking Keihl Frazier with him, leaving Auburn with Clint Mosely and Zeke Pike

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »

Btw, Coach Malzahn would be taking Keihl Frazier with him, leaving Auburn with Clint Mosely and Zeke Pike (Trotter will quit football).

Oh noez. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 05:34:38 PM »
*Skreetz*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.