Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

14-14 and 4-10

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: 12-9 and 2-5
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »
I'm not a round ball fan.  I'm an Auburn fan.  It's all I can do to watch AU basketball.  Not sure how much I'd watch if we were good, but damn, it's embarrassing how bad we are.  I mean, fuck sakes, if MSU can have a consistently ok Bball program, surely Auburn can.

Today was bad, Chubb single handedly made it a 4 point swing in their favor.  It didn't help matters that State was on fire from beyond the 3.  We also started missing free throws at the worst possible moment.  I still see improvement and they fought hard all the way down to 0.2 on the clock.  We should have lost that game.  State is a legit top 20 team and we are not.  It should have been worse.  It will be nice to get back home.  We are 12-1 at home. 

I like what Barbee is doing so far, but yes, we suck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: 13-10 and 3-6
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2012, 11:16:08 PM »
 :facepalm:

OUCH!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2012, 11:42:02 PM »
What was the final?  I turned it off once the 'baggers went up 18.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2012, 03:07:47 AM »
Our Basketball program is the suxxors? Bring back Cliff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »
Our Basketball program is the suxxors? Bring back Cliff.

Oh come on! we are just one 7' 10" guy away from greatness!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 13-11 and 3-7
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2012, 09:59:04 AM »
Two things.  First, the first half was one of the worst officiated games I believe I have ever seen.  If anyone saw what went on, too many to name, you know it was absolutely the one and only reason Auburn was down by 11 at half.  I know that sounds like sour grapes and it matters not in the grand scheme of things because number 2...

This team is AWFUL!!!!  Good gawd, what is wrong with this program?  These guys can't do a damn thing well, except turn the ball over and miss 60% of their free throws. They DO do those things well.  And yes, do do should be used in every sentence describing Auburn's basketball team.  Why can we not get some players in here?  I...I got nuthin' anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »
I didn't get to watch, saw some highlights, fuck those two technicals.  If that is any indication then I didn't need to watch.  Make that 12-2 at home now.   Do I really want to drive down on the 3rd for the LSU raping that is going to occur?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »
I didn't get to watch, saw some highlights, fuck those two technicals.  If that is any indication then I didn't need to watch.  Make that 12-2 at home now.   Do I really want to drive down on the 3rd for the LSU raping that is going to occur?
Wait...there's a game on the 3rd?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »
Wait...there's a game on the 3rd?

No, no game, reread what I said. 

and that is no laughing matter sir.............unless a clown is involved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2012, 11:28:57 AM »
Two things.  First, the first half was one of the worst officiated games I believe I have ever seen.  If anyone saw what went on, too many to name, you know it was absolutely the one and only reason Auburn was down by 11 at half.  I know that sounds like sour grapes and it matters not in the grand scheme of things because number 2...

This team is AWFUL!!!!  Good gawd, what is wrong with this program?  These guys can't do a damn thing well, except turn the ball over and miss 60% of their free throws. They DO do those things well.  And yes, do do should be used in every sentence describing Auburn's basketball team.  Why can we not get some players in here?  I...I got nuthin' anymore.

I will say this...totally agree on the officiating.  It was bad...took away 2 big momentum swings.

#2 I still think Barbee just needs time I believe he is a good coach.  Honestly Lebo fucking destroyed what little of a program we had.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:29:56 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2012, 12:01:40 PM »
I will say this...totally agree on the officiating.  It was bad...took away 2 big momentum swings.

#2 I still think Barbee just needs time I believe he is a good coach.  Honestly Lebo fucking destroyed what little of a program we had.

Agree on Barbee.  I like the way he coaches, I like his attitude after losses AND wins, and I like the way he promotes the program.  However, that mofo had better get out there and recruit some legit players....that will qualify.  A basketball team can be turned around probably faster than just about any team sport.  If you get a 2-3 guys who can ball, you suddenly become competitive.  He'd better sign some guys that can actually shoot.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2012, 12:13:27 PM »
Agree on Barbee.  I like the way he coaches, I like his attitude after losses AND wins, and I like the way he promotes the program.  However, that mofo had better get out there and recruit some legit players....that will qualify.  A basketball team can be turned around probably faster than just about any team sport.  If you get a 2-3 guys who can ball, you suddenly become competitive.  He'd better sign some guys that can actually shoot.   

Did I read that we actually have a top 25 class in BB recruiting?  When has that ever happened at Auburn? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
Barbee has one more year to turn this turd into a polished turd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2012, 01:54:42 PM »

Concur.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
WE need Mamadoo 2.0!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2012, 08:33:41 AM »
WE need Mamadoo 2.0!

Yes we do. Is Auburn on the radar for this guy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2012, 09:24:43 PM »
By all accounts signee Jordan Granger is Barbee's type of player.
Sullivan ( the lone returnee) is ideal off the bench as a scorer as is Gabriel as an inside presence but you basically have Chubb and Ward as the core and it all has to work together for Auburn to have a chance most nights. I think Barbee needs at least two more seasons to show us where he's going  because this program was going nowhere and he's basically started from scratch.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Will Auburn win another game this season?
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2012, 09:18:58 AM »
Wow, another blown lead and to lose in the last few minutes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: 13-126 and 3-82
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »
20 muthafuckas!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 13-126 and 3-82
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
20 muthafuckas!

With 5 regular season games to go...you might bettah rekonize. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions