Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

14-14 and 4-10

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: 12-7 and 2-3
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »
My words almost exactly last night although I think I said " a fucking guard that can shoot and someone low who is gonna own the paint".  I like what Barbee is doing thus far but we got to have a couple playas.
Lord willing, Shaq will fill that second criteria.

As for the shooter, I don't follow basketball recruiting close enough to know if we're looking at anyone who's a badass in that department.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2012, 01:47:09 PM »
My words almost exactly last night although I think I said " a fucking guard that can shoot and someone low who is gonna own the paint".  I like what Barbee is doing thus far but we got to have a couple playas.

As I said earlier, Barbee needs to go find a Scotty Pohlman, a Keenan Carpenter, Ronnie Battles...someone who can spot up and consistently hit 3's and come off screens.  Why should any team respect our outside game at all? Arky wised up late and switched to a zone, game over.  Kenny Gabriel is a fucking beast some nights, but he needs an outside presence to keep guys from packing it down on him.

Now as for the big man....Robb Chubb is a certified, got papers to prove it, reeeeeTARD. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:47:53 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2012, 05:01:12 PM »
As I said earlier, Barbee needs to go find a Scotty Pohlman, a Keenan Carpenter, Ronnie Battles...someone who can spot up and consistently hit 3's and come off screens.  Why should any team respect our outside game at all? Arky wised up late and switched to a zone, game over.  Kenny Gabriel is a fucking beast some nights, but he needs an outside presence to keep guys from packing it down on him.

Now as for the big man....Robb Chubb is a certified, got papers to prove it, reeeeeTARD.

Last game I watched, the win over USCe, Chubb had the ball bounce off his noggin at least once, and off his knees another time or 2 like he didn't have a clue he was in a basketball game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2012, 05:09:20 PM »
Last game I watched, the win over USCe, Chubb had the ball bounce off his noggin at least once, and off his knees another time or 2 like he didn't have a clue he was in a basketball game.

Good ole Robb was 0-5 with no points.  He got the rebound on one of our last 3 point attempts to tie the game, promptly brought it down to his waist, where a Hog slapped it out of his hand...throw it ahead for the game winning dunk. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
Good ole Robb was 0-5 with no points.  He got the rebound on one of our last 3 point attempts to tie the game, promptly brought it down to his waist, where a Hog slapped it out of his hand...throw it ahead for the game winning dunk.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 12-9 and 2-5
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2012, 11:21:04 AM »
You know, I never thought I'd say this, but ESPN needs to stop showing our games.  Every damn one is on TV and we look worse every time out.  Didn't realize we were on Saturday evening.  Flipping channels while firing up the grill outside.  There's Auburn and Tennessee..about 3 minutes into the second half...and we have 18 points.  18!!!  That's EIGHTEEN for those counting at home.  I just turned it off and asked somebody later how bad we lost.  Barbee needs to find SOMEBODY who can shoot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2012, 11:29:59 AM »
You know, I never thought I'd say this, but ESPN needs to stop showing our games.  Every damn one is on TV and we look worse every time out.  Didn't realize we were on Saturday evening.  Flipping channels while firing up the grill outside.  There's Auburn and Tennessee..about 3 minutes into the second half...and we have 18 points.  18!!!  That's EIGHTEEN for those counting at home.  I just turned it off and asked somebody later how bad we lost.  Barbee needs to find SOMEBODY who can shoot.
and bama beat Arky.  UT is worse then us and we get beat, I weep for our basketball team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2012, 11:32:20 AM »
and bama beat Arky.  UT is worse then us and we get beat, I weep for our basketball team.
We're Shitty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2012, 10:41:19 AM »
Can we get an update OP?

We beat UGA last night.  We have 8 games left    

@Mississippi St.      
02/07/12   Alabama      
02/11/12   @ Ole Miss      
02/18/12   Mississippi St.      
02/21/12   @ Florida      
02/25/12   Arkansas      
02/29/12   @ Alabama      
03/03/12   LSU

Five of those are winnable in my mind.  We can beat bama, Ole Miss we have already beat,  Ark and LSU we played tough at their house  If we won 3 of those 5 that I think are winnable, we are 16-13 and then we have the SEC tourney that we might pull a game or two out.  I will take that b/c that might just be enough to get us into the NIT.  Longshot I know, but I will hold out some hope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2012, 10:46:06 AM »
Can we get an update OP?

We beat UGA last night.  We have 8 games left    

@Mississippi St.      
02/07/12   Alabama      
02/11/12   @ Ole Miss      
02/18/12   Mississippi St.      
02/21/12   @ Florida      
02/25/12   Arkansas      
02/29/12   @ Alabama      
03/03/12   LSU

Five of those are winnable in my mind.  We can beat bama, Ole Miss we have already beat,  Ark and LSU we played tough at their house  If we won 3 of those 5 that I think are winnable, we are 16-13 and then we have the SEC tourney that we might pull a game or two out.  I will take that b/c that might just be enough to get us into the NIT.  Longshot I know, but I will hold out some hope.

Stop with your positive thinking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: 13-9 and 3-5
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2012, 10:48:18 AM »
fuckin a.  We can still get to 20
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »
Stop with your positive thinking.

It won't happen b/c God hates me and wants to see me suffer as I pull for our BB team. 

Seriously, we have beat Ole Miss already.  We play pretty damned decent at home, so I think it's possible to pull Ole Miss, split with bammer, and beat LSU and Arky. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »
It won't happen b/c God hates me and wants to see me suffer as I pull for our BB team. 

Seriously, we have beat Ole Miss already.  We play pretty damned decent at home, so I think it's possible to pull Ole Miss, split with bammer, and beat LSU and Arky.

Not listening...can't hear you...LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2012, 11:28:42 AM »
Not listening...can't hear you...LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAA

Yeah, like I said, God wants me to suffer for some reason.  I mean, I am an Orioles and Tampa Bay Bucs fan for chirst sake.  Why me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2012, 11:34:08 AM »
Yeah, like I said, God wants me to suffer for some reason.  I mean, I am an Orioles and Tampa Bay Bucs fan for chirst sake.  Why me?

Wow dude.  You do get regular counseling, no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2012, 12:02:12 PM »
Wow dude.  You do get regular counseling, no?

Yes, but it's "Rare", sometimes these guys "Elijah" and "Mark" will show up to the sessions as well.  It seems to make me feel better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2012, 10:31:10 AM »
The Hornets and the Jays feel your pain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2012, 11:07:05 AM »
The Hornets and the Jays feel your pain.

Get ready to feel some more pain on Saturday.  We go to Starkville.  :(   They are pretty damn good.  We should get the shit kicked out of us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: 13-9 and 3-5
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2012, 01:19:27 PM »
Barbee seems to be looking for guys that can run the floor the whole game and get points by running by the other team. That is hard to do with players that are used to shooting 3s. Most 3 guys are not used to the constant battle. And it seems finesse is not in our book. So if I were a 3 guy, why would I choose AU. Hell, by the time I got open, I would be too tired to shoot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
We're Shitty.

I'm not a round ball fan.  I'm an Auburn fan.  It's all I can do to watch AU basketball.  Not sure how much I'd watch if we were good, but damn, it's embarrassing how bad we are.  I mean, fuck sakes, if MSU can have a consistently ok Bball program, surely Auburn can.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions