Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

14-14 and 4-10

Re: 12-7 and 2-3
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2012, 12:09:07 PM »
It looked to me as if we have a ton of athletic talented, it's just lacking some basketball skill.  Defense was swarming, hitting the boards, going for loose balls.  Saw some poor shooting at times though shot selection wasn't that bad.  Saw a couple times we turned it over in the first half as the guys were being too unselfish and passed up open shots.   Overall looked like an improving team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2012, 12:22:26 PM »
It looked to me as if we have a ton of athletic talented, it's just lacking some basketball skill.  Defense was swarming, hitting the boards, going for loose balls.  Saw some poor shooting at times though shot selection wasn't that bad.  Saw a couple times we turned it over in the first half as the guys were being too unselfish and passed up open shots.   Overall looked like an improving team.

Other than Frankie Sullivan being at least a decent shooter, Auburn has nobody on the team that's a consistent threat to score.  As simple as this sounds, they need to go out and recruit a couple of Scotty Pohlman's. (sp?)  Some guys that aren't flashy, not incredibly athletic....someone who can spot up and consistently bury a three.  Someone to roll off screens and knock down jumpers. 

You're exactly right.  Barbee's team is a group of very raw, athletic guys who play hard.  But outside of Sullivan, there's not one of them that you have any faith in when they shoot.  You get a couple of guys who can make teams respect our outside game, and Kenny Gabriel suddenly becomes all SEC underneath. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2012, 01:20:52 PM »
Shaq be comin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
Shaq be comin'.

I'm afraid that he is going to fit in the athletic freak, limited ball skills set for a year or two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2012, 11:47:25 PM »
Motherfucker!  I was going to go watch the KU/aTm game at Allen Fieldhouse tonight, but I didn't get out of these fucking briefings till it was too late.  Also found out why they are called basketball schools.  The ticket price is $55.  I caught a doubleheader at AU for $10.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »
Motherfucker!  I was going to go watch the KU/aTm game at Allen Fieldhouse tonight, but I didn't get out of these fucking briefings till it was too late.  Also found out why they are called basketball schools.  The ticket price is $55.  I caught a doubleheader at AU for $10.

See there is your problem you were at a baseball game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
See there is your problem you were at a baseball game.

Mens and womens basketball game doubleheader.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2012, 04:15:52 PM »
Mens and womens basketball game doubleheader.

Nonsense...Women don't play basketball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2012, 04:18:39 PM »
Nonsense...Women don't play basketball.

Even if they do, I'm not watching. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2012, 04:23:09 PM »
Even if they do, I'm not watching.

Your loss...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »
Your loss...

Yeahhhh............. not so much
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »
Your loss...

ummm, because they're so hot?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2012, 04:53:33 PM »
ummm, because they're so hot?
Of course.  You see the one in the back on the left?  You know, the one that you can only see the top part of her forehead?  Yeah...she's pretty hott.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2012, 05:02:21 PM »
Of course.  You see the one in the back on the left?  You know, the one that you can only see the top part of her forehead?  Yeah...she's pretty hott.

I thought maybe you were referring to the Ukrainian power lifter there in the front right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »
South Carolina got their first SEC win to Bama, for Bama's fourth straight loss.

Our game with Arkansas is a close one with 6:50 left.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:46:18 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2012, 12:06:05 AM »
Damn, jinxed it.

We lost by 3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »
Damn, jinxed it.

We lost by 3.
We still looked pretty good.  And was leading and almost beat a team that destroyed us the past two years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
We still looked pretty good.  And was leading and almost beat a team that destroyed us the past two years.

I see improvement in this team.  We don't finish strong and it's like we run out of gas, but they play hard, hustle and have improved a lot in my eyes.  We need a dominate big man and a pure shooting guard.  Get those two and Barbee could have this team going places.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2012, 01:28:03 PM »
I see improvement in this team.  We don't finish strong and it's like we run out of gas, but they play hard, hustle and have improved a lot in my eyes.  We need a dominate big man and a pure shooting guard.  Get those two and Barbee could have this team going places.

Like a supermarket?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2012, 01:39:20 PM »
We need a dominate big man and a pure shooting guard.  Get those two and Barbee could have this team going places.

My words almost exactly last night although I think I said " a fucking guard that can shoot and someone low who is gonna own the paint".  I like what Barbee is doing thus far but we got to have a couple playas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."