Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Athlon Pre-Season Rag

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Athlon Pre-Season Rag
« on: June 04, 2008, 10:02:06 AM »
So I finally broke down and picked up a copy of Athlon's preseason drivel.  Funny thing about their picks is that they show no love for Auburn on a player lever, but pick us to win the West.

We are not in any of their "Top 10 (OL/RB/WR/DE...etc)" lists.  None of our guys made their preseason All-American list.  We are poorly represented on the All-SEC list.

And yet they still pick us to win all of our games except the following, which are listed as "swing/tossup" games: LSU, UGA, WVU.

Perplexing.  There doesn't seem to be much logic in their pages.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Athlon Pre-Season Rag
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 10:13:56 AM »
One could construe that they recognize that we play as a team and don't have the egos other teams may have but we all know they don't think that deeply.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:18:25 AM »
One could construe that they recognize that we play as a team and don't have the egos other teams may have but we all know they don't think that deeply.

Exactly.  They're the simplest of simpletons (well, only slightly less simple than bammers), so I am at a loss to explain their logic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 11:07:07 AM »
Although Athlon has become a joke overall, I can't really say I disagree with the player asessment.  We've got a ton of great players but none that had season's last year that made anyone take notice.  Blackmon was injured the whole first half.  Lester missed the first 5-6 games.  No WR's had great years. Rod was decent but not spectacular.  Groves, Sims and Thompson are gone from the D-line etc.

Having said that, if they perform in the spread like most believe they will, guys like Fannin and Tate, Trott and Burns and a WR or two will be on everyone's list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."