Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business..."

Token

Re: "Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business..."
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2011, 01:38:34 AM »

Not if two teams in another division won more.  You'd still be sitting your 90-win ass at home behind a team that won less than you did.  DumbASS.

Point is, you can NOT win your division and STILL get to play for the title. Which is what you are bellyaching about.  Dumbass.

Does the number of teams matter?  You're bitching because you said nobody would want to play in a league where somebody might have fewer wins and still get to play for the title.  Well fuck a monkey.  You could have more wins than Butler, but the Buttles make the tournament because they win the Friar League tournament.  And you could sit your happy ass at home watching the Buttles make a run to the title.

Yeah, if you can't make a 64 team playoff then you aren't worth a fuck and probably don't deserve to be playing in any type of post season.

Who the fuck says?   

The 91% of college coaches, 93% of Harris poll voters and 50% of the computers.  I think a shit ton of voters in the AP too.

Obtuse.  You are it.  Had a chance. Blew it.  Loss is a loss.  Doesn't matter by how much or how long it took.  We KNOW how Bama fared against LSU.  Time to find out how another team will.  Simple concept.

Well fuck.  We know 12 teams who couldn't do it.  What is there?  108 teams left?  Maybe they'll be finished playing by 2014 so we can see the trophy presentation. 

« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:39:28 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2011, 01:53:55 AM »

Well fuck.  We know 12 teams who couldn't do it.  What is there?  108 teams left?  Maybe they'll be finished playing by 2014 so we can see the trophy presentation.

All 12 should get another shot.  Have to be fair.  LSU might lose any one of those.  You just never know. 

As for the trophy presentation?  If you fucks lose again, you'll just call for another rematch or award yourself a fucking trophy anyway.  Don't know why you'd even want a rematch.  Isn't that idiot bastard who made up all your titles still alive?  Just ask that numb fuck to conjure up another one and there's no need to even play the games. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2011, 02:18:56 AM »
All 12 should get another shot.  Have to be fair.  LSU might lose any one of those.  You just never know. 

As for the trophy presentation?  If you fucks lose again, you'll just call for another rematch or award yourself a fucking trophy anyway.  Don't know why you'd even want a rematch.  Isn't that idiot bastard who made up all your titles still alive?  Just ask that numb fuck to conjure up another one and there's no need to even play the games.

Go bust a child molester out of prison.  Pervert.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2011, 07:10:36 AM »
The bottom line remains, every other team had the same opportunity as Alabama. 

This is exactly why I say go Houston.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #184 on: November 30, 2011, 08:43:30 AM »
This is exactly why I say go Houston.

I like your thinking.

The one thing that I can agree on here with Token is the fact that these other teams did have their chance. Hell it was almost sickening to watch CFB the following weeks because after bama lost, everyone else did to. It was like Stanford and Okie State just stepped right outta the way for bama to waltz right back to #2. So, in a sense, they did have their chance but screwed themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2011, 08:49:04 AM »
Again, if y'all dont want controversy you should have won all your games. What in the fuck does a rematch prove?

You had your chance at the king you blew it, time for someone else to try. You keep saying you shouldn't be penalized for playing LSU, well if you had beat them the first time we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Next?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:52:04 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »
Again, if y'all dont want controversy you should have won all your games. What in the fuck does a rematch prove?

You had your chance at the king you blew it, time for someone else to try. You keep saying you shouldn't be penalized for playing LSU, well if you had beat them the first time we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Next?

And I agree with Token and Sani here on 2 points. 1. Those other teams also had their chance. Boise and OSU blew it as well. So did Stanford and VT. If ANY of them go undefeated then we are not even having this argument. So as you have said before, it comes down to opinion - it's subjective. 2. And HOUSTON is really the only one with a beef since it did all it could do. No one else did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #187 on: November 30, 2011, 09:46:15 AM »
2. And HOUSTON is really the only one with a beef since it did all it could do. No one else did.
But if you apply Kaos' view of ONLY going by SOS, as is the argument apparently for putting OSU in over Alabama (other than those two teams have yet to play each other), then Houston fucking fails miserably in that. I think their SOS is like #111 in the Sagarin ratings. The only ranked team they will play this season is #24 Southern Miss this weekend. So, why doesn't everybody just join C-USA, play shitty unranked teams in your division throughout the season, and win out every year? I mean, how is it fair to award them for playing a shitty schedule that would make Ole Miss an 8 win team, while teams in the SEC beat each other to death week in and week out?

The BCS doesn't consider only SOS when figuring placement. It is a blend of factors that decides.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:49:23 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2011, 10:11:44 AM »
But if you apply Kaos' view of ONLY going by SOS, as is the argument apparently for putting OSU in over Alabama (other than those two teams have yet to play each other), then Houston fucking fails miserably in that. I think their SOS is like #111 in the Sagarin ratings. The only ranked team they will play this season is #24 Southern Miss this weekend. So, why doesn't everybody just join C-USA, play shitty unranked teams in your division throughout the season, and win out every year? I mean, how is it fair to award them for playing a shitty schedule that would make Ole Miss an 8 win team, while teams in the SEC beat each other to death week in and week out?

The BCS doesn't consider only SOS when figuring placement. It is a blend of factors that decides.
Use whatever criteria you want, but pick one and let's hear it for fuck's sake.

Excluding LSU:
SOS? - Oklahoma State. Oklahoma. USC. 22 other teams have you beat.
Highest Win %/Most Wins? - Houston. (100%, 13-0 pending win next week).

Excluding Houston? Virginia Tech. (92%, 12-1 pending win next week) Boise, Stanford, and OK State have at least equal claim.

Conference (Division) Champions?  There are 12 D-I conferences. That's 12 teams more deserving than you.

No matter the category, you don't deserve it. Besides the fictional made up ESPN talking heads agenda, and again the almighty dollar, which placed you higher at the beginning of the year, which is why you're still here now. In no equitable category are you the more deserving team.

And oh yeah. YOU ALREADY PLAYED LSU AND FUCKING LOST!

That is the only criteria that matters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2011, 10:14:29 AM »

Except we live in Bizarro World where the only criteria that matters is what way-too-busy coaches think and what pompous-pretentious-douchebag-agenda-driven Harris Poll voters think. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2011, 10:23:18 AM »
Not even sure what everyone's argument is 10 or 11 pages in.  But, in the famous words of our very own Token....if you guys want to muscle on through a few more pages, feel free.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »
Not even sure what everyone's argument is 10 or 11 pages in.  But, in the famous words of our very own Token....if you guys want to muscle on through a few more pages, feel free.
Tell us another story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2011, 10:30:09 AM »
Tell us another story.

This one time, at band camp.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »

This is my thing about the SOS.  I agree it should play a part, but essentially you are penalizing a team who has done everything it could to be there.  If we are all going to unilaterally say that Houston is not good enough to be there then they should move down in division. 
I said the same thing to the leghumpers a couple of years ago when Hawaii had that undefeated year and had been shut out of everything.  The UGA beat the hell out of them in the bowl game and thus were using that as proof that they did not deserve to be there.  I call bullshit on that.  They deserved to be there just as much as the ones who were.  If the BCS doesn't believe they belong then there should be a concerted effort to have them or any other lower tier programs move down in division. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »
This is my thing about the SOS.  I agree it should play a part, but essentially you are penalizing a team who has done everything it could to be there.  If we are all going to unilaterally say that Houston is not good enough to be there then they should move down in division. 
I said the same thing to the leghumpers a couple of years ago when Hawaii had that undefeated year and had been shut out of everything.  The UGA beat the hell out of them in the bowl game and thus were using that as proof that they did not deserve to be there.  I call bullshit on that.  They deserved to be there just as much as the ones who were.  If the BCS doesn't believe they belong then there should be a concerted effort to have them or any other lower tier programs move down in division.

F'n THIS^^^^

With our current system, you can basically take about 60% of the teams in Division 1 and tell them at the start of the season, "You can go out and beat everybody on your schedule 87-2 this year....but you still aren't sniffing the championship game.....but have a great season".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »
And oh yeah. YOU ALREADY PLAYED LSU AND FUCKING LOST!

In Chizad world, maybe. In the real world, with the system we have, what the BCS says is the only criteria that matters. Whether it says Alabama, OSU, Va Tech, Stanford, etc. It is what it is. Like I've said before, if the BCS ends up saying OSU should go, I'm not going to complain one bit. And honestly, that may be more of a reality than some think. I wouldn't complain though, because that's the system we have to work with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2011, 10:44:40 AM »
In Chizad world, maybe. In the real world, with the system we have, what the BCS says is the only criteria that matters. Whether it says Alabama, OSU, Va Tech, Stanford, etc. It is what it is. Like I've said before, if the BCS ends up saying OSU should go, I'm not going to complain one bit. And honestly, that may be more of a reality than some think. I wouldn't complain though, because that's the system we have to work with.
Your are the most obtuse motherfucker alive.

So are we arguing that the BCS should take #1 & #3?

We're arguing about who deserves to be #2, and for what reason, other than that they are preordained from heaven, does Alabama deserve a second chance to beat LSU before any of the other deserving teams get their first?

You can't. You can just say "because they're #2" all day. Well no shit. That's not even circular reasoning. Circular reasoning would be preferred in this case. "Water is wet...because it's wet."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #197 on: November 30, 2011, 10:45:48 AM »
F'n THIS^^^^

With our current system, you can basically take about 60% of the teams in Division 1 and tell them at the start of the season, "You can go out and beat everybody on your schedule 87-2 this year....but you still aren't sniffing the championship game.....but have a great season".
A system like that would encourage everybody to play shitty teams all the time, and would encourage decent teams to stay away from other decent teams. Every decent team would be racing every other decent team to sign the shittiest teams to their schedules as quickly as possible, because you won't be factoring SOS into any kind of formula. Then you're going to have a fuckton more undefeated, 1 loss, 2 loss teams. Then that creates that much more of a problem when trying to decide who goes to the championship game, and by the way, you've eliminated SOS out of the equation. So, now instead of having to decide from (hypothetical) two no loss teams, you have to pick from 20. Not sure how that solves the problem.

Do you want to watch shitty football all season long?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #198 on: November 30, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »
"Water is wet...because it's wet."
But Jesus Christ on ice skates, it really IS that simple! Fucks sakes, even OSU's head coach said Alabama should be ranked #2. Alabama is #2 because the BCS, which is the system used to determine BCS rankings, says they're #2. If it comes out next week and says OSU is #2, then OSU is #2. Because the BCS says so.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:51:24 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #199 on: November 30, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »
A system like that would encourage everybody to play shitty teams all the time, and would encourage decent teams to stay away from other decent teams. Every decent team would be racing every other decent team to sign the shittiest teams to their schedules as quickly as possible, because you won't be factoring SOS into any kind of formula. Then you're going to have a fuckton more undefeated, 1 loss, 2 loss teams. Then that creates that much more of a problem when trying to decide who goes to the championship game, and by the way, you've eliminated SOS out of the equation. So, now instead of having to decide from (hypothetical) two no loss teams, you have to pick from 20. Not sure how that solves the problem.

Do you want to watch shitty football all season long?

Which brings us full circle back to a playoff. 

People/voters are dumbasses.  I want them out of the equation.  Still not right to tell Houston that they do not belong.  They have done what they were supposed to do.  You also cannot realistically pear down the number of division one teams because no matter how much you trim the number of teams you are still going to have ones that finish at the bottom or have lesser strength of schedule so the only right way to do this is back to the playoff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions