Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bowl Game

Bowl Game
« on: November 27, 2011, 09:17:48 PM »
JHoke thinks Auburn to the Chick Fil A bowl is inevitable. 

Looks like Clemson may be our opponent. 

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

Re: Bowl Game
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 09:21:21 PM »
JHoke thinks Auburn to the Chick Fil A bowl is inevitable. 

Looks like Clemson may be our opponent. 

:facepalm:

BULLGOTDAMNHELLSHIT!!!  NO REMATCHES!!!!!!!1!!!!1!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 09:30:17 PM »
florida state instead?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 09:54:34 PM »
BULLGOTDAMNHELLSHIT!!!  NO REMATCHES!!!!!!!1!!!!1!!!!

You better well damn believe it.

If we beat Clemson, I'm going to claim that we could win any rematch and thus claim the 2011 national championship. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 09:57:46 PM »
florida state instead?

I'm not really sure how it all lines up.  I think if Clemson upsets Virginia Tech (oddly, a rematch), we play Florida State.  If Virginia Tech wins as expected, we play Clemson. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 10:02:13 PM »
And it looks like the #5 SEC will match with, at worst, the @3 ACC, and maybe the #2?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »
So, we will play Clemson in a rematch, in the dome to close out the season and then open up with them in the dome to start next season?   Hard to believe the CFA folks are going to go along with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 12:16:22 PM »
So, we will play Clemson in a rematch, in the dome to close out the season and then open up with them in the dome to start next season?   Hard to believe the CFA folks are going to go along with that.

Yeah, I don't see that either. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »
Here's Stewart Mandel's take:

Things are starting to become pretty clear, and I only made a few changes from last week, none in the BCS bowls. The ACC lineup shuffled considerably, with Florida State moving up to the Chick-fil-A Bowl, sending Clemson to the Champs Sports Bowl. The Orlando game really wants to match FSU and Notre Dame, but the Atlanta game would have to either pass on 7-5 Auburn for 6-6 Florida or voluntarily take a Clemson team that would have lost three straight games.

In the SEC, Arkansas appears locked in to the Capital One Bowl. Assuming a Georgia loss this weekend, it's unclear whether the Outback Bowl would prefer the 10-3 Dawgs or 10-2 South Carolina. I gave it the Gamecocks, sending Georgia to the Cotton Bowl. Vanderbilt became bowl eligible, and while the hometown Music City Bowl will have first choice over the Liberty Bowl, the Commodores may opt for Memphis instead, sending Mississippi State to Nashville.

And the Pac-12 is a mess, as no team besides Oregon or Stanford (both BCS bound) finished better than 7-5. The Alamo Bowl will have first choice of the leftovers, and the guess is it takes Washington, sending Cal to the Holiday Bowl. If UCLA receives a waiver to participate at 6-7, its likely destination is San Francisco.

A few reminders:

• After the No. 1 and 2 teams are slotted and replaced, the BCS at-large selection order this year is Fiesta-Sugar-Orange. The highest-ranked non-automatic qualifier (in this projection Houston) is guaranteed a BCS berth if it finishes in the Top 12 or in the Top 16 and ahead of the Big East champion.

• Most bowls are not obligated -- I repeat, NOT OBLIGATED -- to choose in exact order of conference standings. For instance, "Big 12 No. 3" means "third selection of Big 12 teams," not "the Big 12's third-place team."

• I'm currently projecting only two surplus eligible teams (Western Kentucky and Ball State), though Hawaii could become eligible if it beats BYU.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/11/27/bowl.projections/index.html#ixzz1f1Ok18q8

He says Florida St vs. Auburn in Chick Fil A. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 12:23:40 PM »
FSU played in the Chikin' Bowl last year though, didn't they?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 07:48:18 AM »
Mark_Schlabach Mark Schlabach
Being told by bowl folks that Chick-fil-A is likely to take #ACC championship game loser, despite #Auburn & #Clemson opening '12 season
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 09:30:49 AM »
AU vs. Climpsum.  NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.....NO!!!!!  How stupid would it be to play the same team 4 times in a span of less than 2 years.  I'm an Auburn man and I wouldn't even want to watch that shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 09:42:03 AM »
Fuck no who the hell wants to see rematches, they beat us already. FSU ....FSU......FSU
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 09:54:25 AM »
Fuck no who the hell wants to see rematches, they beat us already. FSU ....FSU......FSU

This game makes sense.  I'd love to go to the ATL but against anybody but Climpsum.  What Einstein is trying to get this match up?  And why would Auburn agree to it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 09:58:43 AM »
I am so goddamn sick of that game. Might as well just play an SECW team. It'd be more exciting.

07 I guess was 4 years ago, but it seems like last year. I don't remember much of the pregame festivies, but the game itself I remember like it was yesterday. Being all excited that Kodi Burns was about to lead us to a National Championship...well, kind of...as a receiver...

Snoozer...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 01:21:22 AM »
I am so goddamn sick of that game. Might as well just play an SECW team. It'd be more exciting.

07 I guess was 4 years ago, but it seems like last year. I don't remember much of the pregame festivies, but the game itself I remember like it was yesterday. Being all excited that Kodi Burns was about to lead us to a National Championship...well, kind of...as a receiver...

Snoozer...

We might have a chance. I hear we are bringing in a new offensive guru named Franklin......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 01:26:02 AM »
We might have a chance. I hear we are bringing in a new offensive guru named Franklin......

all 1800 of them.  all in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 02:06:36 AM »

I remember buying a ticket then promptly losing it on the streets of Atlanta. I also remember you bitching the entire time about that bar stealing your idea for "pay by the ounce" draft beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 02:18:43 AM »
I remember buying a ticket then promptly losing it on the streets of Atlanta. I also remember you bitching the entire time about that bar stealing your idea for "pay by the ounce" draft beer.

and don't forget that the pedobear made an appearance at that same bar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »
and don't forget that the pedobear made an appearance at that same bar.
Additionally, Chizad got champagne drunk at the bar prior to the game.   Ask Sani, he loves that story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."