Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coincidence?

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Coincidence?
« on: November 27, 2011, 02:07:58 PM »
The two undisputed heavyweights in the SEC this year win football games with defense and a strong running game.

Basic SEC football.  Our recruiting has focused on skill position players since 2007.  Bama and LSU have been stockpiling talent along both lines and at LB.  This is where the games are being won.  By blowing up the lines and keeping containment with superior LB play, these guys are negating the spread advantage.  One of the announcers last night noted that Bama's secondary doesn't even bother playing the fake on the play-action because they KNOW that the front 7 has shit under control.

With a dominating offensive line, an average QB can look like a world beater because his stable of RBs have been setting up the play action.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

Re: Coincidence?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 02:11:43 PM »
The two undisputed heavyweights in the SEC this year win football games with defense and a strong running game.

Basic SEC football.  Our recruiting has focused on skill position players since 2007.  Bama and LSU have been stockpiling talent along both lines and at LB.  This is where the games are being won.  By blowing up the lines and keeping containment with superior LB play, these guys are negating the spread advantage.  One of the announcers last night noted that Bama's secondary doesn't even bother playing the fake on the play-action because they KNOW that the front 7 has shit under control.

With a dominating offensive line, an average QB can look like a world beater because his stable of RBs have been setting up the play action.
No argument here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »
One of the announcers last night noted that Bama's secondary doesn't even bother playing the fake on the play-action because they KNOW that the front 7 has shit under control.
It was illustrated quite well when they were talking about it. When AU ran that play action, Kirkpatrick was stride for stride with the AU receiver the whole time, watching the QB the whole time. Saw the play action, never even flinched. AU receiver made a good play and knocked it away from Kirkpatrick. Saved Moseley's ass on that one, as I'm not sure why he even threw it there in the first place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 02:13:27 PM »
It was illustrated quite well when they were talking about it. When AU ran that play action, Kirkpatrick was stride for stride with the AU receiver the whole time, watching the QB the whole time. Saw the play action, never even flinched. AU receiver made a good play and knocked it away from Kirkpatrick. Saved Moseley's ass on that one, as I'm not sure why he even threw it there in the first place.

Blake was the receiver.  Maybe he can play ironman and show our fucking secondary how to play the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 02:16:06 PM »
When Moseley had time he made ill-advised throws or missed badly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 02:21:10 PM »

Harumph.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.