Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I was wrong...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
I was wrong...
« on: November 25, 2011, 06:42:26 PM »
sort of.

A stat was posted during the LSU broadcast regarding hits on the QB.  These guys have been hit most in the SEC this year:

Tyler Wilson
Aaron Murray
Morgan Newton

Apparently even a bad OL...or one that lets defenders hit the QB often...can be overcome.  Unless you're Kentucky.  Then nothing you do is worthwhile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
Re: I was wrong...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 07:01:06 PM »
Stat may be skewed by several schools using multiple QBs - Auburn, Miss Sate, South Carolina, LSU, Florida, Tenn all had different starters at QB
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 08:39:12 PM »
Stat may be skewed by several schools using multiple QBs - Auburn, Miss Sate, South Carolina, LSU, Florida, Tenn all had different starters at QB

Not to mention the fact that when guys like Wilson and Murray get his, it's just prior to releasing an on target pass to is third read, where as when Mosley get's hit it's when he' trying to take a dive and save his ass before he sees his first read.  "Getting hit" is a meaningless stat.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 08:39:49 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »
I made the same mistake. 

Six SEC teams started multiple quarterbacks this year.  The stat was focused on players and not the position. 

Also, Tyler Wilson completes passes after getting hit.  That gives him more chances to get hit on long sustained drives.

TrotterMoseley curls up like a rape victim and get fucked.  Then we punt.  Not enough chances to get hit. 

**JR beat me to it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 08:40:39 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 08:49:20 PM »

TrotterMoseley curls up like a rape victim and gets fucked. 

This, more than anything, is what disheartens me.  No guts.  No balls.  First sign of pressure, first guy slips a block and our dual threat QB pulls the ball to his midsection and assumes the cringing position. 

I saw Moseley begin the cringing turtle routine at LSU when a guy was laying flat on the ground and had one hand on his ankle.  The next nearest defender was a good three yards away.  But still he cringed and wilted. 

For all the negative we've directed at LSU's George Jefferson (whatever) I'd take him in a microsecond right now.  The guy evades pressure, he bumps off defenders and looks for a way to make a play. 

My sense is that AJ McBrodie would be a wilting turtle flower like Trotsley/Moser if anybody ever hits his fragile ass, but even LSU was unable to punch him in the skull.   Here's hoping he gets hit like a naked ten year old in Jerry Sandusky's basement tomorrow. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 09:09:14 PM »
This, more than anything, is what disheartens me.  No guts.  No balls.  First sign of pressure, first guy slips a block and our dual threat QB pulls the ball to his midsection and assumes the cringing position. 

I saw Moseley begin the cringing turtle routine at LSU when a guy was laying flat on the ground and had one hand on his ankle.  The next nearest defender was a good three yards away.  But still he cringed and wilted. 

For all the negative we've directed at LSU's George Jefferson (whatever) I'd take him in a microsecond right now.  The guy evades pressure, he bumps off defenders and looks for a way to make a play. 

My sense is that AJ McBrodie would be a wilting turtle flower like Trotsley/Moser if anybody ever hits his fragile ass, but even LSU was unable to punch him in the skull.   Here's hoping he gets hit like a naked ten year old in Jerry Sandusky's basement tomorrow.

I think we may hit him a time or 2.  If we don't go in to this game with a balls to the wall, all out "blitzkrieg" plan on D, we'll get ass raped early and often, like one of Jerry's Second Mile 10 year olds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
Good news.  I hate to be wrong.  Hate even more to admit it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 04:23:48 PM »
Six SEC teams started multiple quarterbacks this year.  The stat was focused on players and not the position.

Seven...DnATL's six plus Vandy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin