Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Fuck It Weekend

Thoughts - Fuck It Weekend
« on: November 20, 2011, 12:06:36 AM »
Lee Corso set the tone. 

Auburn...

- Auburn hasn't played this season.  I didn't go to any games, so I can't be sure that what I've seen on TV wasn't some fancy PIXAR presentation. 

- I saw Auburn play four games last year.  I know Cam Newton exists.  Whether or not he's a cyborg is a different topic.

- Because Auburn isn't playing this season, the Iron Bowl must not be happening next week. 

College Football...

- Robert Griffin III is the best player in college football.  Baylor?  BAYLOR?  I mean, come on.  We talkin' bout Baylor.  Baylor. 

- Trent Richardson is going to win the Heisman. 

- Alabama is going to have the easiest path to the BCSCG.

- LSU may or may not beat Arkansas and Georgia.

- Alabama will win the national championship.

- What am I most surprised about this season?  The fact that the NCAA cleared us of all wrong doing. 

Final Thought...

- I think I'll go hiking next Saturday.  I have to be honest.  If we weren't very competitive against Samford, I don't want to see how bad Alabama beats us next weekend. 

- Yes I'm going to watch it.  Because I can't quit you, baby.  You make me hurt, Auburn, but I'll never leave you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

Re: Thoughts - Fuck It Weekend
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 12:15:29 AM »
I don't like how everybody on both sides are already calling the Iron Bowl a victory for Alabama.  Have yall not been watching this season?  It's said all the time, but especially now, ANYTHING can happen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 12:20:58 AM »
ANYTHING can happen

Hahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhhaaaaaahhahahhahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahhhhahaaaaahhhaa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 12:26:10 AM »
Consider something for a moment. 

Would a playoff completely fuck up how great college football really is?  Is there another sport in the world that can have such an exciting game day?  I know a playoff would be a more fair way of proving who the national champion is.  I don't disagree with that.  Hell, I'm still not sure that I'm opposed to a playoff.  BUT.......wouldn't a playoff take away this excitement?  Wouldn't it kill the best part of college football if it really didn't matter if Iowa State knocks off OSU?  Would the small guys still get up (which helps create the upsets) if it didn't really matter whether or not they won? 

I'm torn.  A playoff would be the best solution to crowning a national champion, but I'm not sure that I'd be willing to sacrifice the excitement of a weekend like we just witnessed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 12:29:23 AM »
You're absolutely right.

I don't want a playoff.  I just want people to vote with their heads and not with their politics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 12:32:01 AM »
Hahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhhaaaaaahhahahhahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahhhhahaaaaahhhaa
An AU friend an I were just talking about this. He has already conceded defeat as well, but I'm just not buying it. The Iron Bowl is always a competitive game, regardless of records. AU will come up with something out of their asses to make this interesting. I think Alabama is going to get a different AU team than we have seen in the past few weeks. AU will be fired up for this game. Couple that with the fact that Alabama is seemingly determined to fuck itself over here lately. I hope for an Alabama win. I think Alabama can win it. I'm just not sure they will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 12:40:26 AM »
I know what AU is going to do.

They're going to put Michael Dyer in the backfield but get this.  They aren't going to give him the ball.  They'll try a quick screen to Trovon Reed.  Then an end around to McCallebb.  Then a pass with Moseley. 

Then they'll punt.

Then Trent Richardson gashes us for ten yards a pop, and McCarron suddenly becomes Johnny Unitas. 

And then at halftime when we're down 31-6, they'll make a crucial adjustment and start running Dyer. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:41:14 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 01:34:38 AM »
I know what AU is going to do.

They're going to put Michael Dyer in the backfield but get this.  They aren't going to give him the ball.  They'll try a quick screen to Trovon Reed.  Then an end around to McCallebb.  Then a pass with Moseley. 

Then they'll punt.

Then Trent Richardson gashes us for ten yards a pop, and McCarron suddenly becomes Johnny Unitas. 

And then at halftime when we're down 31-6, they'll make a crucial adjustment and start running Dyer.
I hope we can score.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 07:43:04 AM »
You're absolutely right.

I don't want a playoff.  I just want people to vote with their heads and not with their politics.

If I'm a voter, politics be damned, I don't give bammer or any team a second chance to win a game vs a team they had a chance to beat at home, and failed to do so.  Read this again: not any team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 07:54:59 AM »
An AU friend an I were just talking about this. He has already conceded defeat as well, but I'm just not buying it. The Iron Bowl is always a competitive game, regardless of records. AU will come up with something out of their asses to make this interesting. I think Alabama is going to get a different AU team than we have seen in the past few weeks. AU will be fired up for this game. Couple that with the fact that Alabama is seemingly determined to fuck itself over here lately. I hope for an Alabama win. I think Alabama can win it. I'm just not sure they will.

This isn't the 2009 AU team.  They aren't really a threat to score.  I mean, they can, but not like even the 2009 team.  That team had some offense, despite some critics who refer to Todd as a stone footed retard...they were ALWAYS a threat to score. 

Mosley...Trotter...Frazier...EVERYBODY knows there is no threat beyod Dyer for 5 up the middle, and when that is your ONLY threat, it can be removed or reduced. 

It took teams about 5 games this year to figure out we have no real big play threat on offense, and that our QB will shit his pants at the first hint of a rush, and that our OL can't handle a huge rush.  If opposing coaches had approached their games vs Auburn early this season the way fans did, we'd actually be 3-8.  Early on they had to play us balanced on defense...no more.  It's a major reason we've appeared to regress.  The more film opposing coaches got, the more bold they became in how they defend us.  However, I think we did, at some point, stop improving too.  Key injuries haven't helped either.    Auburn's defense.  Sux, as usual, under Roof.

Everybody's entire game plan against us is funnel the run inside, and blitz hell out of passing downs. 

Bammer will SHRED us!  Nick will hang half a hundred on us if he cares to, and I suspect he wants to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 08:19:49 AM »
If I'm a voter, politics be damned, I don't give bammer or any team a second chance to win a game vs a team they had a chance to beat at home, and failed to do so.  Read this again: not any team.
This season illustrates the need for place kicking tutors throughout the BCS.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 10:13:24 AM »
This isn't the 2009 AU team.  They aren't really a threat to score.  I mean, they can, but not like even the 2009 team.  That team had some offense, despite some critics who refer to Todd as a stone footed retard...they were ALWAYS a threat to score. 

Mosley...Trotter...Frazier...EVERYBODY knows there is no threat beyod Dyer for 5 up the middle, and when that is your ONLY threat, it can be removed or reduced. 

It took teams about 5 games this year to figure out we have no real big play threat on offense, and that our QB will shit his pants at the first hint of a rush, and that our OL can't handle a huge rush.  If opposing coaches had approached their games vs Auburn early this season the way fans did, we'd actually be 3-8.  Early on they had to play us balanced on defense...no more.  It's a major reason we've appeared to regress.  The more film opposing coaches got, the more bold they became in how they defend us.  However, I think we did, at some point, stop improving too.  Key injuries haven't helped either.    Auburn's defense.  Sux, as usual, under Roof.

Everybody's entire game plan against us is funnel the run inside, and blitz hell out of passing downs. 

Bammer will SHRED us!  Nick will hang half a hundred on us if he cares to, and I suspect he wants to.

And then the second 1/2 will kick off. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 10:49:30 AM »

Watch Kirk when Lee says it.  Absolutely hysterical
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:59:47 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 10:51:42 AM »
It is all a ruse. Trotter is our starting QB. They just didn't want bama to get anymore game film on him. Gus has been sandbagging his calls. Roof has told the defense not to tackle.  Up is down. Down is up.

We still lose by 30+
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 11:20:43 AM »
It is all a ruse. Trotter is our starting QB. They just didn't want bama to get anymore game film on him. Gus has been sandbagging his calls. Roof has told the defense not to tackle.  Up is down. Down is up.

We still lose by 30+
Fuckity, Fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 01:41:13 PM »

I don't know. Something just really bothers me about that game. It just feels like some shit is going to happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 02:34:58 PM »
I don't know. Something just really bothers me about that game. It just feels like some shit is going to happen.

I almost hope it doesn't, because if we somehow beat bammer, I'd die laughing, literally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 03:42:30 PM »
What's going to happen is that Auburn might, MIGHT be able to score the number of points that Vegas will have them underdogged as long as the line doesn't go beyond  17 or 18. I will be shocked if Alabama doesn't at least double Auburn's point total, especially with McUnitas and a HC that fancies "Never Again" as his war cry. Then there is the subject of style points which should come into play in the voter's minds and we have a recipe for one of the more embarrasing home defeats in the series.

Short of a turnover and/or special teams nightmare contest where Auburn is in control of field position and scores very quickly or even where Clint Moseley plays out of his mind,  I can't see my team limiting possessions or controlling the clock against Alabama especially with OT Brandon Moseley's injury and Ted Roof's defense. And I have to echo JR because I'm not sure I could survive something resembling 1972 or last year's wild victory at Bryant- Denny.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 07:45:23 PM »
What is going to happen, is Alabama will walk in to Jordan Hare and take Chizik, Malzahn and Roof by the balls and lead them around the stadium until they get bored with it.  Then they will give their kicker some practice for the sequel of THE GREATEST GAME EVER TO BE PLAYED by kicking a field goal on first down every time they cross the 50 in the second half.  32 missed field goals later, the score will be 63-3, because somehow Parkey sneaks onto the field for one of their attempts and kicks it through the other way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »

Watch Kirk when Lee says it.  Absolutely hysterical

Wow. Somebody fell asleep at the wheel with the audio drop button. Surely Gameday has some sort of delay because you never know what a fan, or Corso, might say or do on live TV.  Herbie's reaction and Fowler telling Herbie to wash Corso's mouth out with soap is hysterical.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions