Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

From U.K interested in Oaks

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: From U.K interested in Oaks
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »
To save making a new thread, i'll ask in here. What 10 things should I know about supporting auburn?

1) There are two answers that trump just about anything an opposing fan can say to you: a) Bo Jackson, motherfucker and b) Cam Newton, bitch.   Automatic wins regardless of the topic.  So if someone says "your team just got beat by Central Florida," you can glare at them, invoke the name Bo Jackson and they are rendered immediately irrelevant.   

2) If you are being curb-stomped by another Auburn fan in a discussion, you cannot invoke Bo or Cam for the win.  Here you attain victory by invoking "The Creed."  As in "Read the creed, asshole."   If you don't know what the creed is, you should learn.

3) You must know the difference between War Eagle and Tigers.  You must also feign amused disgust at anyone who does not know the difference.

4) You must be able to recite the words to the Bodda Getta cheer.  You must pretend to know what "Bodda Getta" actually means, but refuse to share that knowledge with anyone. 

5) You must know who Jordan, Foy, Haley, Dye, Hare, Housel, Beard, Eaves Heisman and Donahue are.  You should also know who Barfield and Bowden are and be able to provide a 1000 word essay on their shortcomings.

6) You should know what Toomer's Lemonade is (and where it is purchased) and pretend to enjoy it even if it makes your teeth ache and your vision double. 

7)  You must know the significance of the following numbers:  7, 88, 34, 2, 74, 1989, 1957, 2010, 2004, 17-16 and 344-844-4244.

8) You should know what kind of whiskey Bear Bryant drank and what kind of cigarettes he smoked so that your mocking skeletal tableaus will be as historically accurate as possible.

9) You must get misty eyed at the sight of an eagle soaring and know why.

10) You have to understand that Auburn fandom is more than football or sports.  It's more than rolling trees or tailgating.  It's almost a religious experience.  We don't tolerate half-ass.  If you are in you have to be all in.  No equivocation.  Doesn't mean you can't complain or question just that the faith remains strong. 

11) Bonus: If you ever -- EVER -- see somebody wearing Auburn gear you are required to greet that person with "War Eagle."  It's manadatory.  Not so much here because you'd be doing it all day long, but anywhere outside the state of Alabama it's a rule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »
7)  You must know the significance of the following numbers:  7, 88, 34, 2, 74, 1989, 1957, 2010, 2004, 17-16 and 3344-844-4244.
fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »
fixt

Sadly, that was copied directly from a profile of the service on an AU site. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2011, 11:44:22 AM »
Sadly, that was copied directly from a profile of the service on an AU site.
So YOU don't know it by heart???

11) Bonus: If you ever -- EVER -- see somebody wearing Auburn gear you are required to greet that person with "War Eagle."  It's manadatory.  Not so much here because you'd be doing it all day long, but anywhere outside the state of Alabama it's a rule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2011, 12:34:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »
1) There are two answers that trump just about anything an opposing fan can say to you: a) Bo Jackson, motherfucker and b) Cam Newton, bitch.   Automatic wins regardless of the topic.  So if someone says "your team just got beat by Central Florida," you can glare at them, invoke the name Bo Jackson and they are rendered immediately irrelevant.   

2) If you are being curb-stomped by another Auburn fan in a discussion, you cannot invoke Bo or Cam for the win.  Here you attain victory by invoking "The Creed."  As in "Read the creed, asshole."   If you don't know what the creed is, you should learn.

3) You must know the difference between War Eagle and Tigers.  You must also feign amused disgust at anyone who does not know the difference.

4) You must be able to recite the words to the Bodda Getta cheer.  You must pretend to know what "Bodda Getta" actually means, but refuse to share that knowledge with anyone. 

5) You must know who Jordan, Foy, Haley, Dye, Hare, Housel, Beard, Eaves Heisman and Donahue are.  You should also know who Barfield and Bowden are and be able to provide a 1000 word essay on their shortcomings.

6) You should know what Toomer's Lemonade is (and where it is purchased) and pretend to enjoy it even if it makes your teeth ache and your vision double. 

7)  You must know the significance of the following numbers:  7, 88, 34, 2, 74, 1989, 1957, 2010, 2004, 17-16 and 344-844-4244.

8) You should know what kind of whiskey Bear Bryant drank and what kind of cigarettes he smoked so that your mocking skeletal tableaus will be as historically accurate as possible.

9) You must get misty eyed at the sight of an eagle soaring and know why.

10) You have to understand that Auburn fandom is more than football or sports.  It's more than rolling trees or tailgating.  It's almost a religious experience.  We don't tolerate half-ass.  If you are in you have to be all in.  No equivocation.  Doesn't mean you can't complain or question just that the faith remains strong. 

Just to add to that already awesome list, some detail about "War Eagle."  The true, real "War Eagle" is a Golden Eagle, and until recently he or she was named Tiger.  Yes we sometimes use a Bald Eagle.

"War Eagle" the words:  Can be used in many ways, and their meaning is completely different with the changing of voice inflection.  It can be a battle cry at a game, an expression of great joy and/or pride, a greeting, parting words, words of consolation, and can even mean "Fuck You" if you're practiced enough in the use of the words and with proper timing of delivery, though in most cases the actual words "Fuck You Bammer Redneck" are preferable.   Inserting the word "Damn" between "War" and "Eagle" is almost always acceptable.  The term "War Eagles" (with the 's' on the end) is completely wrong, it is never plural, except while executing the "Track 'em Tigers" cheer.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2011, 02:10:12 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »
huh?

You simply added a 3, didn't take out a 4. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2011, 03:04:31 PM »
You simply added a 3, didn't take out a 4.
I struck through the 4 - redacted that mofo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2011, 03:15:06 PM »
I struck through the 4 - redacted that mofo

Like that ^^^?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »
Like that ^^^?
Just like this:  3344  Add a 3, strike through the first 4 - would have made the struck digit red, but all shades of red are dead to me this week
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2011, 04:01:28 PM »
Thi thread has taken a turn for the worse.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2011, 08:09:26 AM »
Thi thread has taken a turn for the worse.  :facepalm:
Y'all fuck up every thread
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2011, 08:42:40 AM »
Huhuhuhuh...you said Bowden and shortcomings in the same sentence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2011, 11:28:09 AM »
So, where did our little English muffin go?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2011, 11:29:45 AM »
So, where did our little English muffin go?

Drew_3 = Jim
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2011, 11:38:05 AM »
Drew_3 = Jim

He's off getting bedazzled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2011, 11:39:43 AM »
He's off getting bedazzled.

Or vagazzled
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2011, 11:44:49 AM »
Step 1. Fist newcomers dog.
Step 2. Get them to post a nearly naked woman for their avatar.
Step 3. Insult them to see if they will fight back.
Step 4. Get them to neglect their duties at work, home, and church in order to post inane movie quotes and let us know what is playing on their ipod.
Step 5. Get them to turn bitter, cynical, and crotchety.

Step 6. Get them to become unreasonably angry when someone puts a tomato on their sandwich.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin