Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn vs. UGA official game thread.

Re: Auburn vs. UGA official game thread.
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2011, 07:59:03 AM »
Misplaced anger.  Firing Ted Roof won't solve the colossal clusterfuck that was our effort today. 

We need to buy a motherfucking quarterback.  Period. 

Make a couple of first downs, hit a couple of passes, not have a flat board ass.....  we don't get blown out by anybody.

No, no, no!  We need an offensive line! 

Make a few blocks down field, pick up a few blitzes, get some push on the line of scrimmage..... we don't get blown out by anybody!

Or is it...

We need a secondary!

Win some one on one match-ups, disguise blitzes to pressure the quarterback, give our defensive line some time to make plays in the back field.... we don't get blown out.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2011, 09:30:56 AM »
Misplaced anger.  Firing Ted Roof won't solve the colossal clusterfuck that was our effort today. 

We need to buy a motherfucking quarterback.  Period. 

Make a couple of first downs, hit a couple of passes, not have a flat board ass.....  we don't get blown out by anybody.

Though I think Roof needs to go, he's shown 3 years of bad to mediocre, you're right. 

Malzahn gets that once in a lifetime player: Gold

Roof gets him: Meh. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
There's a lot to be sorted out, but as I sat in that fucking stadium in Athens Saturday (yes...I went... Fuck.)... I told a buddy of mine (after the rage and the frustration was throttled back a notch) that it was nothing more than watching a team that had suspended it's ENTIRE first string, and then told the second string and third string, full of all the underdeveloped freshman and sophomores, to go win on the road.  Compound that with flimsy fundamentals on the road against even a decent team with something to play for?  This equals monkey ass rape. 

That's what was delivered.  What's the solution?  Not sure.  I AM seeing a trend (sarcasm alert) with Roof not getting it done.  Mature players or not, he just hasn't seemed to be able to put together a game plan BEFORE a game.  At least last year, we had a few experienced players to rely on to execute some adjustments.  However, we were MAKING ADJUSTMENTS constantly.  We were NEVER dominant to start and during a game, until a huge adjustment was necessary.  After three years, of bad game plans and bad fundamentals, Roof needs to find him a job selling hair products.

As far as Malzhan, he's cost himself a ton of money this year.  His offense will work fine, but it's clear Moseley and  Trotter suffer from Toddism like spasms due to a line that isn't experienced enough yet, or just hasn't caught on when they get pushed around by better, bigger and more experienced talent.  BECAUSE of that, Malzhan's offense with two (or more) hand offs in the backfield is getting blown up entirely too much.  A QB with no time to throw, and a running game where the runs take too much time to develop in the backfield gives us what we have right now. ...not much.

I don't think Malzhan's so much the problem than the maturity and experience, and girth and growth on the OL.

My opinions anyway...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2011, 03:48:19 PM »
There's a lot to be sorted out, but as I sat in that fucking stadium in Athens Saturday (yes...I went... Fuck.)... I told a buddy of mine (after the rage and the frustration was throttled back a notch) that it was nothing more than watching a team that had suspended it's ENTIRE first string, and then told the second string and third string, full of all the underdeveloped freshman and sophomores, to go win on the road.  Compound that with flimsy fundamentals on the road against even a decent team with something to play for?  This equals monkey ass rape. 

That's what was delivered.  What's the solution?  Not sure.  I AM seeing a trend (sarcasm alert) with Roof not getting it done.  Mature players or not, he just hasn't seemed to be able to put together a game plan BEFORE a game.  At least last year, we had a few experienced players to rely on to execute some adjustments.  However, we were MAKING ADJUSTMENTS constantly.  We were NEVER dominant to start and during a game, until a huge adjustment was necessary.  After three years, of bad game plans and bad fundamentals, Roof needs to find him a job selling hair products.

As far as Malzhan, he's cost himself a ton of money this year.  His offense will work fine, but it's clear Moseley and  Trotter suffer from Toddism like spasms due to a line that isn't experienced enough yet, or just hasn't caught on when they get pushed around by better, bigger and more experienced talent.  BECAUSE of that, Malzhan's offense with two (or more) hand offs in the backfield is getting blown up entirely too much.  A QB with no time to throw, and a running game where the runs take too much time to develop in the backfield gives us what we have right now. ...not much.

I don't think Malzhan's so much the problem than the maturity and experience, and girth and growth on the OL.

My opinions anyway...

You're blind if you think Trotter or Mosley could carry Todd's jock.  Yes, they're that bad.  There were really only 2 games Todd shit his pants.  LSU and Ark.  He was good enough to get double digit leads vs UGA and Bammer before the defense imploded. 

I expected better of Trotter, but he's a bust.  You can't call a barely 3 star QB  from Leroy a bust when nobody with any sense expected anything of him anyway. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2011, 05:06:57 PM »
You're blind if you think Trotter or Mosley could carry Todd's jock. Yes, they're that bad.  There were really only 2 games Todd shit his pants.  LSU and Ark.  He was good enough to get double digit leads vs UGA and Bammer before the defense imploded. 

I expected better of Trotter, but he's a bust.  You can't call a barely 3 star QB  from Leroy a bust when nobody with any sense expected anything of him anyway.
Sadly, I agree. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jmar

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »
Not saying we could overcome the blowouts but:

We have only occaisional good blocking. What could Dyer and OMac do behind a group that really gets after it?

Tackling fundamentals- just half as many misses gives this team a chance.

Pass coverage- I know a small portion of the problem is lack of pressure but we looked like clowns on Saturday.

UGA is on the fast track to recovery thanks to Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2011, 03:05:06 AM »
You're blind if you think Trotter or Mosley could carry Todd's jock.  Yes, they're that bad.  There were really only 2 games Todd shit his pants.  LSU and Ark.  He was good enough to get double digit leads vs UGA and Bammer before the defense imploded. 

I'm not going to say you're incorrect, or argue with what you're saying, but I'd also stress that having a more experienced line with Ziemba, Pugh and others made a slight difference in Todd's ability to do more than Trotsley...

Better...or "can't carry my jock status"?  Meh... Okay... Maybe... but I dunno... Not apples to apples really...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:05:37 AM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2011, 09:38:22 AM »
I'm not going to say you're incorrect, or argue with what you're saying, but I'd also stress that having a more experienced line with Ziemba, Pugh and others made a slight difference in Todd's ability to do more than Trotsley...

Better...or "can't carry my jock status"?  Meh... Okay... Maybe... but I dunno... Not apples to apples really...

Not sure a decent OL would bring these guys up to even Todd's level, but they'd surely be better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions