Close Penn State Down

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Close Penn State Down
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 12:57:17 PM »
He put men into boys.
LOL'ed hard here.

Would there be rallies in the street if this had been some valued assistant on Bear Bryant's staff and the old man was forced out? 

They'd be burning Tuscaloosa to the ground today. 

That's the difference between programs that are icon based and programs that are family based like Auburn's. 

No man is greater than the University. 

When it comes to some, one man is the program.  Idol worshippers. 
I thought of this exact same thing. To a degree, even Saban. Imagine if you combined Saban & Bear into one figure. But he was there for all the in-between years too.

That would be what Penn State thinks of this man.

I can't imagine Bammers not acting exactly the same way if this exact same thing came out and the equivalent of Saban AND Bear knew about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 01:01:24 PM »
LOL'ed hard here.
I thought of this exact same thing. To a degree, even Saban. Imagine if you combined Saban & Bear into one figure. But he was there for all the in-between years too.

That would be what Penn State thinks of this man.

I can't imagine Bammers not acting exactly the same way if this exact same thing came out and the equivalent of Saban AND Bear knew about it.

WTH you mean?  I thought Bear was diddling boys?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 01:22:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 01:25:33 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 01:34:53 PM »
What's a little sodomy of a 10 year old?  This is JoPa.  They treated him mean.  His players graduated.  He made men into boys....I mean, men out of boys....in, out...you know what I mean.

For real. I'm sure if any of these protesters had been raped as a child, they wouldn't be supporting this shit. Hell, a person with a half ass sense of common decency wouldn't be out picketing this shit. I can't even stomach to read half the links posted on the X, so its far beyond my understanding why in the hell these JoePa supporters are doing what they are doing. Who gives a shit if JoePa graduated 100% of his players, there were 10 yr old kids fucking raped in his locker room showers and did nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »
Man. 

The hysterical nancys are out in full force. 

You're all acting like Paterno was in the shower videotaping the shit. 

He had ONE incident reported to him 11 years ago.  There are questions about exactly what he was told.  He may or may not have understood that Jerry was raping a kid.  From his testimony, he was told that Jerry was going a little overboard with the bonding.   

The rest, it can reasonably be assumed, was kept from him. 

But we know his name.  Crucify!  Crucify!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 01:53:05 PM »
Man. 

The hysterical nancys are out in full force. 

You're all acting like Paterno was in the shower videotaping the shit. 

Did you read the grand jury doc?

He had ONE incident reported to him 11 years ago.

No, there were more.

There are questions about exactly what he was told.  He may or may not have understood that Jerry was raping a kid.  From his testimony, he was told that Jerry was going a little overboard with the bonding.   

Again, did you read the text?  Joe says that he was told that Sandusky was fondling or doing something of a sexual nature with a young boy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 02:03:49 PM »
Did you read the grand jury doc?

No, there were more.

Again, did you read the text?  Joe says that he was told that Sandusky was fondling or doing something of a sexual nature with a young boy.

Yeah.  I read it all.

I only saw one instance where it was reported to Paterno or where it could be reasonably assumed that he was definitely informed. 

"Something of a sexual nature."

Ok.  Nobody wants that around them.  Nobody wants the stigma.  Nobody is going to run to the press with that.   They did what is ALWAYS done in these situations.  They went to the guy, confronted him, gave him an opportunity to leave with dignity, quietly and in the interests of preserving the presige of the college. 

Happens all the time.  I can go to any college campus and show you professors still on staff who have been charged with sexual misconduct.  They're there because they've settled and people don't want the image tarnished. 

Open the door to the Catholic Church.  The freaking cardinals and bishops are worse than Joe. 

I'm sure Sandusky was tearful and appropriately remorseful.  I'm sure he bawled and apologized and said it was a one-time thing, he was under stress, he was on medication, he was having Vietnam flashbacks -- whatever.  He put on a performance.  They wanted it to go away.   

He was sanctioned: No job. Don't try to get one.  Get out and go live quietly. Don't do that shit again. 

Maybe they even saw his work with The Second Mile as his attempt to redeem himself and atone for that shit.

All I'm saying is the rush to crucify Paterno is nothing but a public relations stunt.  It's exactly the same thing as quietly easing Sandusky out the door. It's manipulated to try to salvage the image of the school.  And Paterno pays the price.  His reputation is ruined -- and I'm not sure it's merited. 

Paterno did exactly the same thing thousand and thousands of other administrators have done in the past and will do tomorrow and the day after that.  He tried to make a bad situation go away while inflicting the least damage.  Not sure me, you or anybody else wouldn't follow the same path. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 02:11:15 PM »
Not sure me, you or anybody else wouldn't follow the same path.

The GA comes to Paterno and relays the graphic sexual assault described in the report.  Paterno softens it to "fondling or something of a sexual nature with a young boy."

Standing alone, this is enough that Joe should have done more than report to the administration.  Coupled with Sandusky's prior brush with the law for a related charge, Joe is at fault for failing to do more or to recognize a pattern of behavior.  Sandusky's continued association with the PSU football program and parading of children through the complex...and bringing the victim on overnight road trips with the team...should have had claxon sirens sounding off the interior of his thick fucking head.

Fuck the apologism for kindly old Joe.  If he wasn't complicit in covering for Sandusky, he was willfully fucking blind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 02:17:47 PM »
Yeah.  I read it all.

I only saw one instance where it was reported to Paterno or where it could be reasonably assumed that he was definitely informed. 

"Something of a sexual nature."

Ok.  Nobody wants that around them.  Nobody wants the stigma.  Nobody is going to run to the press with that.   They did what is ALWAYS done in these situations.  They went to the guy, confronted him, gave him an opportunity to leave with dignity, quietly and in the interests of preserving the presige of the college. 

Happens all the time.  I can go to any college campus and show you professors still on staff who have been charged with sexual misconduct.  They're there because they've settled and people don't want the image tarnished. 

Open the door to the Catholic Church.  The freaking cardinals and bishops are worse than Joe. 

I'm sure Sandusky was tearful and appropriately remorseful.  I'm sure he bawled and apologized and said it was a one-time thing, he was under stress, he was on medication, he was having Vietnam flashbacks -- whatever.  He put on a performance.  They wanted it to go away.   

He was sanctioned: No job. Don't try to get one.  Get out and go live quietly. Don't do that shit again. 

Maybe they even saw his work with The Second Mile as his attempt to redeem himself and atone for that shit.

All I'm saying is the rush to crucify Paterno is nothing but a public relations stunt.  It's exactly the same thing as quietly easing Sandusky out the door. It's manipulated to try to salvage the image of the school.  And Paterno pays the price.  His reputation is ruined -- and I'm not sure it's merited. 

Paterno did exactly the same thing thousand and thousands of other administrators have done in the past and will do tomorrow and the day after that.  He tried to make a bad situation go away while inflicting the least damage.  Not sure me, you or anybody else wouldn't follow the same path.

This is bullshit.  You're playing devil's advocate.  No way you believe what you just typed.  No fucking way.  For whatever reason, you fancy being the lone ranger.  I get that. 

But after all the shit you talk about doing.  For making a complete asshole out of yourself over a fucking tomato, and you really expect me to believe poor little Joe is a victim here?

Fuck that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 02:20:06 PM »
This is bullshit.  You're playing devil's advocate.  No way you believe what you just typed.  No fucking way.  For whatever reason, you fancy being the lone ranger.  I get that. 

But after all the shit you talk about doing.  For making a complete asshole out of yourself over a fucking tomato, and you really expect me to believe poor little Joe is a victim here?

Fuck that.

:haha:

Yeah, he's playing devil's advocate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 02:23:09 PM »

Yeah, he's playing devil's advocate.

Agreed.  And the tomato thing made me chortle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 02:25:44 PM »
Agreed.  And the tomato thing made me chortle.

You mean

*snicker*

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 02:27:29 PM »

Fuck that.

:bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 02:39:15 PM »
You mean

*snicker*

Fine, rub it in why dont'cha
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 02:43:25 PM »

Fuck that.

Tomatoes are important.  Leave one on my sandwich and I'll show you just how imporant they are, pedro.

And yeah, I pretty much do believe it. 

Don't know what was said behind closed doors or how Sandusky reacted if/when confronted.

You know yourself that this shit happens at colleges, churches, little league programs, cheerleader camps, softball teams, police departments and anywhere else adults come in contact with vulnerable kids.   It happens all the time. 

I know a place right now where a guy is still teaching after having four complaints lodged against him for inappropriate contact.  He's still there because he has tenure, because most of the parents/kids just want to forget it ever happened, because he's a really swell guy and everybody likes him and because things get quietly settled. 

I can show you a church where the youth minister was drilling a high school sophomore on the youth building stage on a regular basis.  He had a wife and kids.  Nobody wants the scandal so it is quietly dispensed with.  The church doesn't let him leave because that would spark more conversation.  So he stays.  And his duties are changed. 

You know it happens. 

You also know that the handling of Sandusky was pretty much by the book for a big enterprise like that.  They did what's always done.  The only difference is Sandusky couldn't get control of himself and he kept on taking risks. 

The people at PSU, including Paterno probably, didn't see because they didn't WANT to see. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 02:44:47 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
The people at PSU, including Paterno probably, didn't see because they didn't WANT to see.

Which is precisely why Paterno should be lambasted for his lack of effort to put a stop to Sandusky's actions.

One of the most powerful men in Pennsylvania "didn't want to see."  No where near acceptable and should be chastised to the fullest extent. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 02:51:47 PM »
Oh it definitely happens at cheerleading camps.  This one time.....I mean, damn that Paterno.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 02:52:29 PM »
Oh it definitely happens at cheerleading camps.  This one time.....I mean, damn that Paterno.

And he's a witch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 03:04:49 PM »
Willful blindness is just as culpable.  Fuck Joe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions