Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Close Penn State Down

JR4AU

Re: Close Penn State Down
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »
Willful blindness is just as culpable.  Fuck Joe.

Too old for Jerry's tastes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 03:15:36 PM »

The rippin and the tearin.

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/rippin--and-tearin-
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 03:26:41 PM »
Tomatoes are important.  Leave one on my sandwich and I'll show you just how imporant they are, pedro.

And yeah, I pretty much do believe it. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »

Easy to say. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 04:06:50 PM »
Easy to say.

You're right.  It rolls off the tongue.  Fuck Joe, Fuck Joe, Fuck Koe...oops, maybe not so easy after all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 04:15:28 PM »
I think it's worth noting that if this were Bryant or Saban I would be leading the charge to have them stoned. 

Part of my reluctance to crucify Joe is that for 381 years he's done things with integrity and class.  No probation. No scandal. No drug issues. No thug issues.  His kids usually don't get arrested. His kids usually do right when they come out.  Some of his former players are among the most respected and professional in the business. 

The personal and professional integrity the guy has shown over the years does not reconcile with the image of some deviant schemer who purposely buried things for his own selfish benefit. 

If he knew (and I'm not willing to agree he had full knowledge) did he purposely try to minimize things and make them go away for the greater benefit of Penn State?  I can accept that premise.  I can't condemn it because I've seen far too many other people with less at stake do the same thing or worse. 

I'm just not willing to let one instance where he maybe possibly could have or should have handled something differently -- and clearly it was something monumental -- destroy a 837-year history of doing things right. 

You destroy Paterno because he didn't go above and beyond what he was required to do and what's left? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
I think it's worth noting that if this were Bryant or Saban I would be leading the charge to have them stoned. 

Part of my reluctance to crucify Joe is that for 381 years he's done things with integrity and class.  No probation. No scandal. No drug issues. No thug issues.  His kids usually don't get arrested. His kids usually do right when they come out.  Some of his former players are among the most respected and professional in the business. 

The personal and professional integrity the guy has shown over the years does not reconcile with the image of some deviant schemer who purposely buried things for his own selfish benefit. 

If he knew (and I'm not willing to agree he had full knowledge) did he purposely try to minimize things and make them go away for the greater benefit of Penn State?  I can accept that premise.  I can't condemn it because I've seen far too many other people with less at stake do the same thing or worse. 

I'm just not willing to let one instance where he maybe possibly could have or should have handled something differently -- and clearly it was something monumental -- destroy a 837-year history of doing things right. 

You destroy Paterno because he didn't go above and beyond what he was required to do and what's left?

Despite what I've said earlier with pitchfork in hand, I can see some of this.  Personally, I've seen enough to condemn them all.  However, I think I have to concede that outside of Sandusky and what will probably happen to him, Paterno is the face of Penn State and all the media attention has been and will continue to be focused almoast solely on him.  2 days from now, we won't recall any of the names involved in this other than Padusky.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »

But it wasn't one instance.  Every time Sandusky came into the athletic complex was a chance for Joe to do something about it.  Every time the GA (I can never remember his name) saw Sandusky in the athletic complex was a chance to talk to Joe about it. 

Plus it isn't like Joe doesn't have an ego.  Why else would he hang on to coach for 500 years.  As it is I fully expect Joe to be dead in 2 years.  One: he's really freakin' old, Two: he's not going to be able to handle the ongoing scrutiny combined with remorse and not coaching anymore.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:39:07 PM by AU_Tiger_2000 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2011, 04:40:07 PM »
But it wasn't one instance.  Every time Sandusky came into the athletic complex was a chance for Joe to do something about it.  Every time the GA (I can never remember his name) saw Sandusky in the athletic complex was a chance to talk to Joe about it.

Exactly. This clown was allowed to continuously visit the facilities and lockerroom AFTER the initial incident with JoePa knowing what kind of guy he was and what he had done. That put other people in further danger letting a pedo run free at the scene of the crime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2011, 04:46:33 PM »

Have you ever been in that situation? 

Nobody WANTS to talk about it.  Everybody is Pontius Pilate. 

Did what I was supposed to do.  Told somebody.  They must have solved it. 

Hey, Jerry (fucking creep.  wonder if he really did anything with those kids?  He's doing that Second Mile thing now, maybe he's trying to do better. The kids with him seem like they're happy, they're having a good time, he's taking care of them.  I don't see any horns, there's no hooves, Jerry seems like a decent guy. Second Mile has raised a shit ton of money and helped a lot of kids, maybe there's nothing to it.  Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Why would the parents let the kids come with him over and over and over if something was wrong? Wouldn't the kids tell their moms? Jerry said it was all a misunderstanding. People took some things the wrong way, he's just a friendly guy, just horsing around.  Well, I won't let him near MY kids, but he seems straight. Maybe it was just some craziness. Maybe he took the wrong meds. Maybe it wasn't what it looked like......)  how's it hanging?  Busy, man. Got a game to prepare for.  Sure, we got some new Nikes in.  Got a few extra pairs. Be glad to donate them to the kids.  See ya! (fucking creep)

Not the same, but dealing with a situation where I'm pretty sure I've got employees fucking each other.  Both are married.  Had people report to me they've seen them in a compromising position in the parking lot. And more.  Lot at stake.  I could fire them.  I could ask them about it.  I could open myself up to a lawsuit if I'm wrong.  I could compromise my relationship with the customers they're most familiar with.  It's never as cut and dried as people want to make it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
Have you ever been in that situation? 

Nobody WANTS to talk about it.  Everybody is Pontius Pilate. 

Did what I was supposed to do.  Told somebody.  They must have solved it. 

Hey, Jerry (fudgeing creep.  wonder if he really did anything with those kids?  He's doing that Second Mile thing now, maybe he's trying to do better. The kids with him seem like they're happy, they're having a good time, he's taking care of them.  I don't see any horns, there's no hooves, Jerry seems like a decent guy. Second Mile has raised a shitake ton of money and helped a lot of kids, maybe there's nothing to it.  Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Why would the parents let the kids come with him over and over and over if something was wrong? Wouldn't the kids tell their moms? Jerry said it was all a misunderstanding. People took some things the wrong way, he's just a friendly guy, just horsing around.  Well, I won't let him near MY kids, but he seems straight. Maybe it was just some craziness. Maybe he took the wrong meds. Maybe it wasn't what it looked like......)  how's it hanging?  Busy, man. Got a game to prepare for.  Sure, we got some new Nikes in.  Got a few extra pairs. Be glad to donate them to the kids.  See ya! (fudgeing creep)

Not the same, but dealing with a situation where I'm pretty sure I've got employees fudgeing each other.  Both are married.  Had people report to me they've seen them in a compromising position in the parking lot. And more.  Lot at stake.  I could fire them.  I could ask them about it.  I could open myself up to a lawsuit if I'm wrong.  I could compromise my relationship with the customers they're most familiar with.  It's never as cut and dried as people want to make it.

Is one of them 10 and the other a 60 year old sexual predator?  Then it's not the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2011, 05:57:37 PM »
I guess the words "not the same" didn't appear on your screen.

Merely pointing out that in situations where people's personal and professional reputations are at stake, where your own livelihood is at risk, where your company (and family's) future are at stake you don't know what you'd do.

It's easy to rage hysterically and call for peoole's heads after the fact.  It's a simple thing to say what should have been done and piously smote from your very high horse.  Everybody is captain America in retrospect. 

You would have whipped his ass, turned on the bat signal, led the SWAT team in a raid and personally brought Sandusky to justice.  You would have put on your iron man suit and turned the building into rubble. 

Ok.  I'm sure you would. 

Paterno handled it like a corporate executive would.  Like they do. 

Doesn't make it right. Just what it is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »
I guess the words "not the same" didn't appear on your screen.

Merely pointing out that in situations where people's personal and professional reputations are at stake, where your own livelihood is at risk, where your company (and family's) future are at stake you don't know what you'd do.

It's easy to rage hysterically and call for peoole's heads after the fact.  It's a simple thing to say what should have been done and piously smote from your very high horse.  Everybody is captain America in retrospect. 

You would have whipped his ass, turned on the bat signal, led the SWAT team in a raid and personally brought Sandusky to justice.  You would have put on your iron man suit and turned the building into rubble. 

Ok.  I'm sure you would. 

Paterno handled it like a corporate executive would.  Like they do. 

Doesn't make it right. Just what it is.

That's the problem.  You watch too many movies.  It doesn't take a super hero to protect children.  It doesn't take a super human suit to put someone in jail.  It simply takes not being a dick sucking coward.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2011, 06:18:55 PM »
That's the problem.  You watch too many movies.  It doesn't take a super hero to protect children.  It doesn't take a super human suit to put someone in jail.  It simply takes not being a dick sucking coward.

Movies, schmoovies.  Hyperbole escapes you.

I hope I'd do things differently than Joe. 

But unless you're in that situation, unless you can say unequivocally what he knew and when he knew it, you can't honestly know what you'd do.  You can only hope. 

He behaved like a corporate executive.  Don't tell me you aren't aware that it happens every day. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »
Movies, schmoovies.  Hyperbole escapes you.

I hope I'd do things differently than Joe. 

But unless you're in that situation, unless you can say unequivocally what he knew and when he knew it, you can't honestly know what you'd do.  You can only hope. 

He behaved like a corporate executive.  Don't tell me you aren't aware that it happens every day.

It does happen every day.  Doesn't make it right.  And when they finally do get caught?  It should be very public, it should be very ugly, and it should happen the exact way it's happening now.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2011, 06:28:08 PM »
It does happen every day.  Doesn't make it right.  And when they finally do get caught?  It should be very public, it should be very ugly, and it should happen the exact way it's happening now.

For Sandusky.  I agree.

Dragging Paterno behind a truck?  I dunno.  Feels wrong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2011, 11:05:07 PM »
Two married grownups fucking at work is not a crime.

Anal rape of a child is a CRIME.  C.R.I.M.E.

JoePa not reporting an assistant coach fucking sorority girls is not a fireable offense.

JoePa not reporting an assistant coach fucking a ten year old is absolutely a fireable offense.

It was WHAT he covered up - not that he covered up some random embarassment.  And HOW LONG it was covered up, giving the pedo time to hurt other kids.

I am starting to agree with Token.  No way do you not get this.  No way do you really believe what you are typing.  You, Mr. Fire and Brimstone, Fuck Em and Feed Em Fish heads? 

I just broke the line. 
No way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2011, 06:28:34 AM »

It was WHAT he covered up - not that he covered up some random embarassment.  And HOW LONG it was covered up, giving the pedo time to hurt other kids.

I am starting to agree with Token.  No way do you not get this.  No way do you really believe what you are typing.  You, Mr. Fire and Brimstone, Fuck Em and Feed Em Fish heads? 

I just broke the line. 
No way.

Said this elsewhere, but when you take away all the high and mighty posturing from people who claim to know with absolute certainty what they'd do in a situation like this; when you step back and ask yourself "what did Joe know, when did he know it, and how much did he know"; when you recognize that the report is essentially a series of isolated incidents (in a way) and that no one person was aware of the totality of it I think there are a lot of questions that need to be asked. 

If all we do is rant about what woulda, shoulda without taking the time to figure out how otherwise good, decent, moral and righteous men and women turned away from what we've established as their moral obligation how can we ever understand enough to prevent the next situation?

All I'm trying to do is figure out why and come up with some explanation for how a person with Paterno's standards (by all accounts) could have become entangled in this. 

If you asked me to rank the relative morality of everybody on this board (based on what little I know of you) against Paterno (based on everything I've ever read and heard about him)?  Before last week he'd have been like Moses.  We'd have been like the heathenites.  So now we're all living by a higher standard than him?   If it could happen to him, it could never, ever, ever happen to any of us?  That's what we're saying? 

Haven't we all seen basically good people bury some awful shit in a misguided effort at self preservation?   

Just trying to figure it out, that's all.  Don't think I've ever said it was right, just trying to figure out how somebody who (again, by all accounts) is a person of high moral fiber got where he is.  How did it happen? 

Everybody keeps saying "anal rape of a child."  There's no evidence Paterno knew that.  According to the Grand Jury testimony McQueary  is the one lone soul with knowledge of that event.  If Paterno was told his friend and confidant was butt fucking a kid, then yeah.  That changes things.  No testimony to that affect (yet) and (in my mind at least) it's unfair to make the assumption that he was told.  McQueary didn't say he told him that.  If that's what McQueary saw and he failed to communicate the gravity to Paterno or anybody else?  That changes things. 

JoePa not reporting anal rape.  Again.  Are we all sure that's what Paterno knew to report?  If you can show me in the testimony -- his or McQueary's -- where that was specifically communicated to him, please do.  I never saw that.  If he was specifically told that and buried his head in the sand?  Different story.

If you "just know in your heart he knew" that's something else altogether.  I want to know the absolute facts without broad assumptions. 

How do you know what Paterno allegedly "covered up."  Can you tell me from the grand jury testimony that his knowledge extended beyond "some horsing around in the shower" and a vague allegation of improper conduct?  It's not unreasonable for me to consider that Sandusky was a master at explaining, obfuscating, whitewashing the deal with everybody around him.  Pretty clearly obvious he was good at it.   Why is it completely impossible to conceive that he was able to convince his good friend -- a guy who knew him for 40-something years -- that there was nothing to it?  Particularly when reports up the ladder came to nothing?  Is it impossible to believe that maybe, just maybe, Paterno was fooled by a master deceiver (and yes, fooled in part because he didn't want to believe that a guy he called a friend and confidant was capable of such)? 

I guess I'm unwilling to accept that Paterno had full knowledge and allowed this to pass until and unless somebody can show me explicitly where he was told. 

That's my only real sticking point and I've attempted (badly it appears) to convey that in about three dozen different ways. 

I'm trying to look objectively at the facts in evidence and not make leaps of logic in terms of what somebody "must have" known. 

My mistake for thinking out loud and assuming people would be able to step back and objectively consider possibilities. 

But for the last time, given everything we know about the man, I have an extremely difficult time reconciling that with the image of some deviant who was complicit in the molestation of children.  All I'm doing is considering alternative answers that will help me understand how things got to this point.  Apparently I'm the only one willing to try to figure it out. 

Given time to consider, I can see how Penn State is right to remove him.  But the side to that you're all failing to see is that the decision is also made in the interests of preserving the dignity of the school.  They're not firing him because he was wrong, they're firing him to hopefully salvage the season and to distance the school from his "dirt." That's the only part of it that feels wrong I think.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2011, 08:21:01 AM »
Said this elsewhere, but when you take away all the high and mighty posturing from people who claim to know with absolute certainty what they'd do in a situation like this; when you step back and ask yourself "what did Joe know, when did he know it, and how much did he know"; when you recognize that the report is essentially a series of isolated incidents (in a way) and that no one person was aware of the totality of it I think there are a lot of questions that need to be asked. 

If all we do is rant about what woulda, shoulda without taking the time to figure out how otherwise good, decent, moral and righteous men and women turned away from what we've established as their moral obligation how can we ever understand enough to prevent the next situation?

All I'm trying to do is figure out why and come up with some explanation for how a person with Paterno's standards (by all accounts) could have become entangled in this. 

If you asked me to rank the relative morality of everybody on this board (based on what little I know of you) against Paterno (based on everything I've ever read and heard about him)?  Before last week he'd have been like Moses.  We'd have been like the heathenites.  So now we're all living by a higher standard than him?   If it could happen to him, it could never, ever, ever happen to any of us?  That's what we're saying? 

Haven't we all seen basically good people bury some awful shit in a misguided effort at self preservation?   

Just trying to figure it out, that's all.  Don't think I've ever said it was right, just trying to figure out how somebody who (again, by all accounts) is a person of high moral fiber got where he is.  How did it happen? 

Everybody keeps saying "anal rape of a child."  There's no evidence Paterno knew that.  According to the Grand Jury testimony McQueary  is the one lone soul with knowledge of that event.  If Paterno was told his friend and confidant was butt fucking a kid, then yeah.  That changes things.  No testimony to that affect (yet) and (in my mind at least) it's unfair to make the assumption that he was told.  McQueary didn't say he told him that.  If that's what McQueary saw and he failed to communicate the gravity to Paterno or anybody else?  That changes things. 

JoePa not reporting anal rape.  Again.  Are we all sure that's what Paterno knew to report?  If you can show me in the testimony -- his or McQueary's -- where that was specifically communicated to him, please do.  I never saw that.  If he was specifically told that and buried his head in the sand?  Different story.

If you "just know in your heart he knew" that's something else altogether.  I want to know the absolute facts without broad assumptions. 

How do you know what Paterno allegedly "covered up."  Can you tell me from the grand jury testimony that his knowledge extended beyond "some horsing around in the shower" and a vague allegation of improper conduct?  It's not unreasonable for me to consider that Sandusky was a master at explaining, obfuscating, whitewashing the deal with everybody around him.  Pretty clearly obvious he was good at it.   Why is it completely impossible to conceive that he was able to convince his good friend -- a guy who knew him for 40-something years -- that there was nothing to it?  Particularly when reports up the ladder came to nothing?  Is it impossible to believe that maybe, just maybe, Paterno was fooled by a master deceiver (and yes, fooled in part because he didn't want to believe that a guy he called a friend and confidant was capable of such)? 

I guess I'm unwilling to accept that Paterno had full knowledge and allowed this to pass until and unless somebody can show me explicitly where he was told. 

That's my only real sticking point and I've attempted (badly it appears) to convey that in about three dozen different ways. 

I'm trying to look objectively at the facts in evidence and not make leaps of logic in terms of what somebody "must have" known. 

My mistake for thinking out loud and assuming people would be able to step back and objectively consider possibilities. 

But for the last time, given everything we know about the man, I have an extremely difficult time reconciling that with the image of some deviant who was complicit in the molestation of children.  All I'm doing is considering alternative answers that will help me understand how things got to this point.  Apparently I'm the only one willing to try to figure it out. 

Given time to consider, I can see how Penn State is right to remove him.  But the side to that you're all failing to see is that the decision is also made in the interests of preserving the dignity of the school.  They're not firing him because he was wrong, they're firing him to hopefully salvage the season and to distance the school from his "dirt." That's the only part of it that feels wrong I think.   

You still don't get it, chopper.

You've already said you'd be leading the charge if this happened at Alabama, so you can save all the "taking away the emotion and thinking objectively" bullshit for another argument.  You are biased towards Joe Paterno because you believe him to be above this type of behavior.  He's not, and he's getting what he deserves for being a coward.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2011, 09:01:06 AM »
Pretty clearly obvious he was good at it.   Why is it completely impossible to conceive that he was able to convince his good friend -- a guy who knew him for 40-something years -- that there was nothing to it?  Particularly when reports up the ladder came to nothing?  Is it impossible to believe that maybe, just maybe, Paterno was fooled by a master deceiver (and yes, fooled in part because he didn't want to believe that a guy he called a friend and confidant was capable of such)? 

Here's where I get hung up. 

He wasn't good at it.  After reading the entire Grand Jury report, he was caught multiple times over multiple years doing something inappropriate with a child.  Perhaps not anal sex, but strange, inappropriate behavior that was "in a sexual nature." 

He was caught laying face to face with a boy late at night by the elementary school wrestling coach.

He was caught by the assistant principal of a high school. 

He was caught by victim 1's mother.

He was caught by a graduate assistant. 

He was caught by Detective Ralph Ralston admitting to doing inappropriate, sexual acts in a shower while apologizing to the mother of the child.  (Interesting part here - He was subsequently forced to "retire" and told he was no longer the successor to Joe Paterno.  That was in 1998/1999.) 

He was caught giving oral sex to a boy in a Penn State athletic department building by a janitor.

He was caught caught caught caught caught.  This isn't a matter of "they had to have known."  They did know.

Joe Paterno's treatment isn't contingent upon whether or not he was told Sandusky was anally raping a boy. 

It's the fact that in 1998/1999, Sandusky had been caught by police and Paterno subsequently relieved him of his coaching duties for seemingly no reason.   

It's the fact that prior to 1999, Sandusky had numerous boys attached to him on bowl trips, at football games, at practices, at team dinners, and at his house.  It doesn't take a crime detective to say, "Hey, you know what?  I bet something was weird about Sandusky having those boys attached to his hip all those years.  And then he gets caught doing some weird, sexual things to boys?  Hmmm." 

It's the fact that despite Paterno (and the rest of the Penn State officials) being aware of Sandusky's inappropriate behavior towards a child in 1999, he was still having access to Penn State facilities. 

In 2002, it's reported to Joe Paterno that Sandusky is doing some "horse play" in a "sexual nature" to a boy. 

Then in 2005, Sandusky is bringing another reported victim to Penn State preseason practices. 

Then in 2009, Sandusky is still allowed to host his little boy camps on Penn State campuses. 

They all knew at the very least that Sandusky was an ill-reputable character who had a history (albeit to them, very small history) of inappropriate behavior with children. 

As for the legality of the matter?  Who gives a shit?

Anyone with a lick of common sense can make an inference.  Anyone could infer that this Sandusky guy (especially if Paterno was that close with him for so many years coaching) had a problem. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole