Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Officially done with McDonalds...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Officially done with McDonalds...
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2011, 11:15:24 AM »
How good is your team going to be next year without Carp and Puljos?

I am done with BK as of Tuesday night.  Xmas shopping, which I loathe, but it's for the kiddo, so it was good this time.  It's getting late, we decide that he needs some nugsets and size (nuggets and fries in 20 month old).  We go to BK.  Quick, easy, get some nuggets, fries a chicken sandwich, softdrinks, should be simple, no? 

Cashier has attitude from the get go, "What do you want?" There was no "May I take your order please".  Which brings me to another point.  What the hell is wrong with teenagers?  I hate them.  I haven't been around one in the past several years that didn't make me want to choke the shit out of them within minutes......anyhow.....As I am waiting on my food, the cashier chick pulls out her cell and starts chatting it up while taking the next persons order.  As I walk up to grab a straw, the lady is bitching about her order being wrong.

No milk in the kids meal, small fries and drink instead of medium,  fries instead of onion rings on the other order, mayo on on both sandwiches, one was supposed to be without.   Whatever, I can deal with it, besides the kid is smiling and happy, so all is good.  Then I needed to go to the bathroom.  No sign saying it was out of order, open the door and there is shit/piss water from an overflowing toilet in the floor.  I almost walked in on it.  No one gave a shit either.  Done with them.

Not sure who said it (either JR or Kaos maybe), but if you want to see the diff in BK/McDs/Krystal and Chick Fil A, just look around or behind the counter. Watch how they operate, their attitudes, etc. You will see stark differences in many ways I won't get into it any further.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2011, 11:20:28 AM »
Not sure who said it (either JR or Kaos maybe), but if you want to see the diff in BK/McDs/Krystal and Chick Fil A, just look around or behind the counter. Watch how they operate, their attitudes, etc. You will see stark differences in many ways I won't get into it any further.

We stopped at a Checkers or Rally's once.  Years ago and I have forgotten which it was.  That ever happen to you?  :)

Anyways, I was the only one that didn't order fries.  Everyone else asked me when we sat down why.  I told them to go look on the floor by the fry cooker.  They were in a pan on the floor with all sorts of shit, Coke, grease, hair, sweat from the cooks...etc...etc...etc... falling in the pan.  I caught it out of the corner of my eye when I was about to order.  "Cheeseburger and Dr. Pepper please!" 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »
We stopped at a Checkers or Rally's once.  Years ago and I have forgotten which it was.  That ever happen to you?  :)

Anyways, I was the only one that didn't order fries.  Everyone else asked me when we sat down why.  I told them to go look on the floor by the fry cooker.  They were in a pan on the floor with all sorts of shitake, Coke, grease, hair, sweat from the cooks...etc...etc...etc... falling in the pan.  I caught it out of the corner of my eye when I was about to order.  "Cheeseburger and Dr. Pepper please!"

Had a buddy have a similar experience at 5 Guys in Jones Valley.  He came in after the lunch rush when everyone in the kitchen was cleaning up.  He saw his burger on the griddle and the guy came by and started cleaning the hood over the griddle and spraying some type of cleaner on the hood and overspraying on the food.  He called the manager over and asked him if he saw a problem.  The manager apologized profusely, got them started on a new burger after cleaning the griddle, and comped his lunch.  Right way to handle it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2011, 01:17:03 PM »

It was I.  My brother and I walked in to one not long ago, and saw a rare sight behind the counter...seriously first time EVER...we both looked at each other and said "Holy Shit" at the same time.  Kinda shocked they've never been sued or called out by the media.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2011, 01:27:04 PM »
Another experience, positive.  I was at the McDonald's across from Elmwood Cemetery.  All locals working there.  Talk black gentleman is the manager, and he's standing watch, and helping move food.  It was very busy.  The cashiers were polite, smiled, and said "May I take your order sir?" and got it right.   Manager would occasionally make some correction if they didn't do something just so, even if minor.    Food came out hot and right, with little wait for the amount of business.  It was clean, napkins and straws stocked, if some fool left their stuff on a table like they were in a full service place, it was cleaned and wiped down in minutes by a kid apparently assigned to the lobby area full time to clean.  It was so smooth and pleasant I took the time to tell the manager that it was the most  polite, clean and efficient McDonald's I'd ever seen.  He thanked me and took a minute to talk to me about training the kids to understand their role in the service industry, and that he wouldn't have kids that didn't get it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2011, 01:27:52 PM »
Starkville McDonalds, 1996

I was at the counter.  Woman in the drivethrough orders a 20-piece McNugget. 

Window clerk grabs the box and runs into one of the other workers.  McNuggets spray everywhere.  She picks them up from the floor, the counter and a shelf.  Puts them back in the box.  Adds two more as a bonus. 

Hands it right out the window to the unsuspecting driver. 

Turns to me:  "Can I takeya odah?" 

No thanks. 

=======================================
Side note:
Never ask me what we did to pizzas during the one month or so I worked at a Pizza Hut in the 1980s.   Suffice it to say I didn't eat at a Pizza Hut for nearly 15 years after that.   Still choose something else whenever possible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2011, 01:38:15 PM »
No Steak 'n Shake fans?

I like it, but the closet one to me is always packed at lunch time and you can't get in until around 1:00PM.  I am usually hungry at 11 and don't want to wait that long.  Every once in a while we will leave at 10:30 and beat the rush, but it's not often. 

Just got back from 5Guys.  The burger is what it is.  Just a good burger.  Agree with JR it's overpriced, but they help you out on the fries.   

Bacon Cheeseburger, mayo, lettuce, mustard, tomato, onion, Jalapenos, A-1 and pickles.  Reg order of Cajun Fries and a sweet tea.  I am stuffed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »
Another experience, positive.  I was at the McDonald's across from Elmwood Cemetery.  All locals working there.  Talk black gentleman is the manager, and he's standing watch, and helping move food.  It was very busy.  The cashiers were polite, smiled, and said "May I take your order sir?" and got it right.   Manager would occasionally make some correction if they didn't do something just so, even if minor.    Food came out hot and right, with little wait for the amount of business.  It was clean, napkins and straws stocked, if some fool left their stuff on a table like they were in a full service place, it was cleaned and wiped down in minutes by a kid apparently assigned to the lobby area full time to clean.  It was so smooth and pleasant I took the time to tell the manager that it was the most  polite, clean and efficient McDonald's I'd ever seen.  He thanked me and took a minute to talk to me about training the kids to understand their role in the service industry, and that he wouldn't have kids that didn't get it.

We have a McDonalds close by that is the same way.   Depends on which manager is on duty though.  One really doesn't care and it's shitty, ,cold, wrong and dirty.  The other takes pride in his job and the place is spotless, the kids are well mannered, the food is right and it's hot.  Not tasty, b/c I don't really like anything there other than the sweet tea, chocolate shake and fries, but it will do in a pinch.   Most of the time it also depends on the location. 

Take Huntsville for example.  Lots of people in Huntsville with lots of choices for lunch.  Get it right, do a good job and people will be back.  Fuck it up and well, there are tons of other places to eat.  Then look at Athens, about 10% the size of  Huntsville.  There aren't many places to eat.  They get it right and do a good job, gravy.  They fuck it up, no big deal b/c you will get tired of the other places really fast and come back sooner or later anyways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2011, 01:52:37 PM »
One of my good friends owns the Atlanta Bread Co. here.  The location is in a building where NOTHING has ever worked.  I can think of at least 7 restaurants that have come and gone in that location.  The reason he's been open 9 years now is simple, service.  He demands it and openly preaches to his employees within earshot of the customers.  If there's a slow time at the counter, quite often he'll gather 3-4 of his employees up and have a "teaching moment" with them.  Simple stuff, but they pay attention.  He's also quick to compliment them.

Mello Mushroom tried it's hand in Dothan a few years back.  The service was so universally bad, it quickly started failing.  It wasn't just one or two instances.  People were excited about it coming, but everyone seemed to have the same shitty experience.  45 minute waits for food.  Employees standing around, laughing, talking on cell phones.  Incredible how obvious the bad service was.  My buddy was asked to come in and revive it but it was way too far gone.  I started going back when he went over there because I knew it would be good.  It was.  But, by then the word was out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
One of my good friends owns the Atlanta Bread Co. here.  The location is in a building where NOTHING has ever worked.  I can think of at least 7 restaurants that have come and gone in that location.  The reason he's been open 9 years now is simple, service.  He demands it and openly preaches to his employees within earshot of the customers.  If there's a slow time at the counter, quite often he'll gather 3-4 of his employees up and have a "teaching moment" with them.  Simple stuff, but they pay attention.  He's also quick to compliment them.

Mello Mushroom tried it's hand in Dothan a few years back.  The service was so universally bad, it quickly started failing.  It wasn't just one or two instances.  People were excited about it coming, but everyone seemed to have the same shitty experience.  45 minute waits for food.  Employees standing around, laughing, talking on cell phones.  Incredible how obvious the bad service was.  My buddy was asked to come in and revive it but it was way too far gone.  I started going back when he went over there because I knew it would be good.  It was.  But, by then the word was out.

Location means ALMOST everything.  However, it can be overcome.  Milo's in Vestavia, the old location, was such a place.  Over my 30 years of memory, it had been over a dozen restaurants, all failed.  It didn't have a traffic light or dedicated turn lane.  I don't recall when Milo's came in there, but it was in the late 80s/early 90s.  When I was a cop there, I worked traffic as an extra job.  Help people get in and out quicker.  The manager at the time was a first class asshole, and a slave driver, but he got those burgers and fries out in a fucking hurry.  The drivethru would be wrapped around the building and spilling out on to Hwy 31, yet people would wait because they didn't really have to wait long, and it was ALWAYs hot and right.

One day, after my lunch gig, I went in to get paid, and  have my free lunch.  Jimmy, the manager is dressing down one of the employees.  "That "extra" quarter of a meat patty we put on burgers?  It's not FRIGGIN' EXTRA...it's what we do!  When we put a bag of fries in the to go bag...that "extra" tong load of fries we throw in on top?  It's NOT EXTRA...IT'S WHAT WE DO...YOU DO WHAT WE DO, OR YOU DO WHAT YOU DO SOMEWHERE ELSE,  GOT IT?"   When Jimmy quit, buisiness declined noticeably.  I bet that new location in the new building grosses 75% of what the old place did with Jimmy. 

Management is everything.  It even trumps food, unless the food isn't edible. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2011, 02:33:14 PM »
Location means ALMOST everything.  However, it can be overcome.  Milo's in Vestavia, the old location, was such a place.  Over my 30 years of memory, it had been over a dozen restaurants, all failed.  It didn't have a traffic light or dedicated turn lane.  I don't recall when Milo's came in there, but it was in the late 80s/early 90s.  When I was a cop there, I worked traffic as an extra job.  Help people get in and out quicker.  The manager at the time was a first class a-hole, and a slave driver, but he got those burgers and fries out in a fudgeing hurry.  The drivethru would be wrapped around the building and spilling out on to Hwy 31, yet people would wait because they didn't really have to wait long, and it was ALWAYs hot and right.

One day, after my lunch gig, I went in to get paid, and  have my free lunch.  Jimmy, the manager is dressing down one of the employees.  "That "extra" quarter of a meat patty we put on burgers?  It's not FRIGGIN' EXTRA...it's what we do!  When we put a bag of fries in the to go bag...that "extra" tong load of fries we throw in on top?  It's NOT EXTRA...IT'S WHAT WE DO...YOU DO WHAT WE DO, OR YOU DO WHAT YOU DO SOMEWHERE ELSE,  GOT IT?"   When Jimmy quit, buisiness declined noticeably.  I bet that new location in the new building grosses 75% of what the old place did with Jimmy. 

Management is everything.  It even trumps food, unless the food isn't edible.

I have been to a few places that had subpar service that I would go back to for the food.  First place that comes to mind is Interstate Barbecue in Memphis.  I had heard about the place for years, while passing through the wife and I stopped by.  Took forever, waitress was borderline rude, drinks never got refilled, but once the bbq hit the table it was all worth it.  Especially the bbq spaghetti.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2011, 03:57:32 PM »
It's so ironic we're having this discussion about service.  Just got back from Subway.  Two girls behind the counter and no one else in the entire place.  Ordered my usual chicken sandwich and wanted green peppers on it.  They both started laughing and said that was the one thing they hadn't put out and were about to go chop some up.

One of them tells the other girl, "I'll run chop those up and you give him his complimentary blow job while he waits."

"We're very sorry, sir. If you'll just come around here, I'll get right on that blow job.  Swallow or no swallow?"

See, it's all about customer service.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2011, 04:48:59 PM »
It's so ironic we're having this discussion about service.  Just got back from Subway.  Two girls behind the counter and no one else in the entire place.  Ordered my usual chicken sandwich and wanted green peppers on it.  They both started laughing and said that was the one thing they hadn't put out and were about to go chop some up.

One of them tells the other girl, "I'll run chop those up and you give him his complimentary blow job while he waits."

"We're very sorry, sir. If you'll just come around here, I'll get right on that blow job.  Swallow or no swallow?"

See, it's all about customer service.

I might go over 12% for that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2011, 04:50:51 PM »

This part was heard only in your head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2011, 05:13:29 PM »
This part was heard only in your head.

Welcome, Captain Obvious.  Post often.  Prayers sent.  O N E lovelly game at a time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2011, 07:35:13 PM »
Welcome, Captain Obvious.  Post often.  Prayers sent.  O N E lovelly game at a time.

no supporting emoticons... -10

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2011, 10:04:22 AM »

Sounds like he belonged at chick fil a. 

Like I said earlier about chick fil a, it's as if the osmonds run them or something. Fucking pleasantville or something.  But better than ghetto ville at mcds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »
these guys say frick you and your hatin' of tomatoes. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2011, 09:23:52 AM »
Sounds like he belonged at chick fil a. 

Like I said earlier about chick fil a, it's as if the osmonds run them or something. Fucking pleasantville or something.  But better than ghetto ville at mcds.

Chic fil a...I don't see how they make money with all the kids they have behind the  counter.. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2011, 07:02:16 PM »
Chic fil a...I don't see how they make money with all the kids they have behind the  counter..

Sandusky pays them.  No worries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.