Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Roll Tide/War Eagle

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Roll Tide/War Eagle
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011, 02:25:57 PM »
Galss and aluminim?  It's all ball bearings these days.

Go get me some Quaker State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2011, 02:32:58 PM »
I've got it set to record, but to be honest, I'm very apprehensive about this...

I know there will be people on both sides that make us look like the biggest retards on the planet.

Like when Finebaum played the Charles from Reeltown and Phyllis (sp) call... Holy shit that was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever heard in my life. Those people are like 60 and they argue like that? People can say that's just the rivalry, but I call bull shit. It's not a rivalry in that sense, it's blatant retardation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 02:40:53 PM »
I've got it set to record, but to be honest, I'm very apprehensive about this...

I know there will be people on both sides that make us look like the biggest retards on the planet.

Like when Finebaum played the Charles from Reeltown and Phyllis (sp) call... Holy shit that was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever heard in my life. Those people are like 60 and they argue like that? People can say that's just the rivalry, but I call bull shit. It's not a rivalry in that sense, it's blatant retardation.

This^^  Every time Tammy or Legend or any of the other yahoo plant callers come on, I cringe that his show is national now and that's the stereotype people have of Alabama and the South in general.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 02:53:05 PM »
This^^  Every time Tammy or Legend or any of the other yahoo plant callers come on, I cringe that his show is national now and that's the stereotype people have of Alabama and the South in general.
Agree, when I think Finebaum loons, the first 3 that pop in my head are Legend, Shane and Tammy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2011, 03:03:01 PM »
Agree, when I think Finebaum loons, the first 3 that pop in my head are Legend, Shane and Tammy.

You know, I may be rethinking my position, though.  Did you make it to the Peanut Festival? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2011, 03:03:44 PM »
You know, I may be rethinking my position, though.  Did you make it to the Peanut Festival?
No...did you take some bammer pics for me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »

It could be worse...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »
No...did you take some bammer pics for me?

I got one just as we got there but it just didn't capture the true essence of bammerdom.  I did get the backwards UA cap with the fish hook on the bill, but that was a small part of his get up.  Going back Thursday in camo so I'll blend in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2011, 05:02:33 PM »
I got one just as we got there but it just didn't capture the true essence of bammerdom.  I did get the backwards UA cap with the fish hook on the bill, but that was a small part of his get up.  Going back Thursday in camo so I'll blend in.

You mean dirty blue jeans with multiple rips and a XXXXL crimson shirt with a hole torn in the armpit right? Oh, and the smell of must and trailers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2011, 06:50:46 PM »
I want to know why they would give that ignorant asshole updyke any more airtime then he has already had.  I fuckin hate ESPN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2011, 06:52:15 PM »
I want to know why they would give that ignorant asshole updyke any more airtime then he has already had.  I fuckin hate ESPN.

To illustrate what the rivalry has become to some people.  Harvey is a fact.  Giving him air time doesn't benefit him or bammer.  Quite the opposite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2011, 08:27:39 PM »
I realize that I am biased, but this has been anything but impartial so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2011, 09:03:26 PM »
I realize that I am biased, but this has been anything but impartial so far.

Um, well, I thought it was impartial...it wandered from side to side.  In the end, it still didn't do justice to the rivalry.  I guess if you're not here, you can't understand it.  I wasn't pissed, impressed, inspired...just "meh". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2011, 09:07:42 PM »
I didn't like it. Too shallow and omitted important details about the rivalry. Too much attention was given to the lunatic fringe of the fan bases, mainly Alabama's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2011, 09:18:02 PM »
Um, well, I thought it was impartial...it wandered from side to side.  In the end, it still didn't do justice to the rivalry.  I guess if you're not here, you can't understand it.  I wasn't pissed, impressed, inspired...just "meh".

Started out appearing as a crimson pep rally, then went in to the "Auburn is racist" stance, followed by the "ugliness" of Auburn paying off Gene Jelks, and finished with the pride of alabama after the storms.  Nope...not biased at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »
More importantly, Jelks was guilty of Pay-For-Play. Would anyone care if a Bama fan paid Cam to say he was paid?

The tornado thing wasn't the end. It then went on to show that despite the venom Auburn gets from these insane redneck bama fans, Auburn fans, and even coaches actively went to Tuscaloosa to lend a helping hand.

Shows that we have human decency, where it didn't appear that they did.

And actually, the film ended by stating Auburn was cleared by the NCAA in the Cam Newton case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2011, 10:08:48 PM »
Fuck that piece of shit documentary. 

Who paid Gene Jelks? 

How many fucktard Bama fans have excused Harvey Updyke because they're "just trees"?

Who's been considered "staring down the barrel of a gun" by the NCAA as recently as 2002? 

Who treated normal every day people like dogshit because their football team so happened to be winning ball games?

Who perpetuated the false allegations against Cam Newton, and further, who contrived and perpetuated the false allegations against Auburn University?

How many times did Mr. Greg McBaldingRoy flick off the Auburn fans in two separate Iron Bowls? 

Who cherry picks the callers to perpetuate the notion that the state of Alabama is full of backwoods, bigoted retards who don't have a lick of sense? 

That was foul.  All of it.  It glossed over the truth of the rampant bullshit that some Alabama fans have created out of their vicarious living through their football team and their incessant desire to assert themselves as superior to another group of people. 

Harvey Updyke being included in a majority of the segments?  That's what represents the rivalry?  Good God that's what represents the Finebaum show.  I'd hope it doesn't represent the majority of Alabama fans and Auburn fans.  I guess Martin Knoddoekvidalneivoaievialski decided that Updyke was good enough for entertainment. 

Gene Jelks being paid by an Auburn fan.  Shaking my head.  "I never knew who it actually was."  Fuck him.  No one paid you, dickhead. 

Fuck ESPN too. 

/Mad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2011, 10:47:14 PM »
More importantly, Jelks was guilty of Pay-For-Play. Would anyone care if a Bama fan paid Cam to say he was paid?

The tornado thing wasn't the end. It then went on to show that despite the venom Auburn gets from these insane redneck bama fans, Auburn fans, and even coaches actively went to Tuscaloosa to lend a helping hand.

Shows that we have human decency, where it didn't appear that they did.

And actually, the film ended by stating Auburn was cleared by the NCAA in the Cam Newton case.

If you didn't go in expecting it to be slanted to bammer, it was unbiased.  If you pick and choose what you want you can slant it either way.  I would think the "normal" bammer would be embarrassed by the prominence of Updyke.   Auburn fans, compared to that of Updyke came across "normal". 

The tornado happened.  It's a fact.

Gelks?  Hell I don't even recall that really, and they could have, but didn't even mention Eric Ramsey. 

Here's the thing.  You can't explain this rivalry to someone in North Dakota, or California in an hour documentary, and have them understand it.   It told me NOTHING I didn't already know, but I wasn't the target demographic. 

If you think it painted bammer in a positive light, more power to you.  You didn't watch.  I'd be embarrassed if I was them. 

Auburn didn't cause the tornado. 

If you wanted to find bias, you could find it from either side. 

As far as being good TV...not so much. 

Unlike it's billing, the film was pretty much about the last 2 seasons, and nothing more.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:49:05 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2011, 10:50:18 PM »
It was an "unbiased" account that portrayed Alabama and Auburn fans as total dumbass rednecks who have little value and respect for other human beings.  Sorry - I can't forget the two second inclusion of Chizik going to Tuscaloosa to pick up some debris after the tornadoes.

It was the Finebaum show in an ESPN special.

And not to mention - Most people who aren't in the state of Alabama are making fun of us.  My Facebook has quite a few derisive posts thanks to this documentary on a football game that included very little football.  More about how the people treat each other.  More about how Finebaum callers treat each other on the Finebaum show.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:51:56 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2011, 10:51:57 PM »
It was an "unbiased" account that portrayed Alabama and Auburn fans as total dumbass rednecks who have little value and respect for other human beings. 

It was the Finebaum show in an ESPN special.

Now, I can more easily get behind that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions