Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Goodbye Yellow Brick Lowe...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Goodbye Yellow Brick Lowe...
« on: November 01, 2011, 12:22:01 PM »
Derek Lowe traded by Atlanta Braves to Cleveland for a pack of bubble gum and six cans of sardines. 

Braves also decline to pick up option on Nate McClouth, opening the door for the light-hitting, no-fielding ginger to return to his career as a stock boy at Target.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Goodbye Yellow Brick Lowe...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 12:24:57 PM »
I applaud both moves.

But as in the past, both of these guys will move on the new teams and become all stars again.

We have the worst luck in that regard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 12:59:43 PM »
Great moves.  New hitting coach, Greg Walker.  Unload Dead Weight Lowe and the non-hitting McLouth.  I would have no problem shipping Alex Gonzales to anyone as well.  Time to go get another big bopper to go with Uggla and McCann.  Hopefully Freeman won't have the sophomore jinx but I don't hink he will.  Too pure a hitter. Heyward gets one more chance.  Too much potential to give up on him now.  See what a new season and a new hitting corch can do for him.  If he sux by mid season, unload him.  Excited about Borne leading off all season.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 01:08:41 PM »
Great moves.  New hitting coach, Greg Walker.  Unload Dead Weight Lowe and the non-hitting McLouth.  I would have no problem shipping Alex Gonzales to anyone as well.  Time to go get another big bopper to go with Uggla and McCann.  Hopefully Freeman won't have the sophomore jinx but I don't hink he will.  Too pure a hitter. Heyward gets one more chance.  Too much potential to give up on him now.  See what a new season and a new hitting corch can do for him.  If he sux by mid season, unload him.  Excited about Borne leading off all season.

Funny we picked up Walker as a hitting coach. Wasn't he the hitting coach for the White Sox. Didn't they SUX at hitting?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 01:09:45 PM »

sorry, to piss in your cheerios, but those guys will make the braves a third if not fourth place team in the NL East.   the braves must clean house over the next two seasons...

mccann...i like the guy, but being a catcher just doesn't bode well for many more productive years...started in 2011. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
sorry, to piss in your cheerios, but those guys will make the braves a third if not fourth place team in the NL East.   the braves must clean house over the next two seasons...

mccann...i like the guy, but being a catcher just doesn't bode well for many more productive years...started in 2011.

Pudge Rodriguez says hello. 30 year old Yadier Molina waves his World Series rings at you.  McCann is one of the top catchers in the game.  Yes, he got injured and production fell off the second half but so did everyone's on that team.  What's the alternative to McCann..David Ross?  Uggla had one of those freak situations where everything was out of kilter.  Once he got it together, he carried that club and he's produced every single year.  With Jason Wayward, I just can't totally give up just yet.  It's close...but 6'5" 240 and freakishly good athlete is hard to turn your back on.  He's the type of guy that will go elsewhere and hit 400 home runs.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 01:40:42 PM »
Hey, what's you guys opinion on Terry Pendleton?  He ready for a manager position yet?  Wasn't he the Braves hitting coach?  Why did they get rid of him, or was he just part of Cox's staff, and the new skipper didn't keep him?

Post Dispatch did a short list of managerial candidates, and his name was on it, along with Jose Oquendo and Terry Francona.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 01:43:56 PM »
I think Francona would be a good fit in St. Louis.  I honestly hoped the Cubs would go ahead and cut bait with Quade so they could go after him, but it is looking less and less likely at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 01:50:49 PM »
I applaud both moves.

But as in the past, both of these guys will move on the new teams and become all stars again.

We have the worst luck in that regard.

Furcal agrees with you.

But Mike Hampton does not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 01:54:56 PM »
Braves are running the table next year.  Sweep the series!   Whoo-hooo, I can't wait to see the roll off the record number of wins in one season.  How we will lose is beyond me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 01:57:51 PM »
Braves are running the table next year.  Sweep the series!   Whoo-hooo, I can't wait to see the roll off the record number of wins in one season.  How we will lose is beyond me.

Whats all this we shit?

If that little reverse karma gods thing really works, then someone must really wish every year like a mf'er for the Oreo-les to win it all.  ~poke poke~
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 02:00:53 PM »
I think the Braves used to be snake bitten by players they let go but that's kind of all relative now with all the free agency and players moving all the time.  The one guy that they rented for part of a season that I wish we still had is Mark Texiera.  But, I doubt they could have afforded him anyway.  Who are some in recent years that they've let go?  Jeff Francour.  Jarrod Saltiamachiasaltymachy--ahh.  Kelly Johnson.  Who was the SS we traded for Alex Gonzales?  Smoltz.  Glavine.  Wes Helms. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 02:02:59 PM »
I think the Braves used to be snake bitten by players they let go but that's kind of all relative now with all the free agency and players moving all the time.  The one guy that they rented for part of a season that I wish we still had is Mark Texiera.  But, I doubt they could have afforded him anyway.  Who are some in recent years that they've let go?  Jeff Francour.  Jarrod Saltiamachiasaltymachy--ahh.  Kelly Johnson.  Who was the SS we traded for Alex Gonzales?  Smoltz.  Glavine.  Wes Helms.

Last time I checked Glavine and Smoltz had nowhere near the success in NY/Bahhstun that they had in ATL.

Francour - good grief. Sky was the limit for him. Once pitchers figured him out, it was over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 02:09:52 PM »
Whats all this we shit?

If that little reverse karma gods thing really works, then someone must really wish every year like a mf'er for the Oreo-les to win it all.  ~poke poke~

What I love the Braves more than any other sports team ever!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:00:35 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 03:00:11 PM »
Hey, what's you guys opinion on Terry Pendleton?  He ready for a manager position yet?  Wasn't he the Braves hitting coach?  Why did they get rid of him, or was he just part of Cox's staff, and the new skipper didn't keep him?

Post Dispatch did a short list of managerial candidates, and his name was on it, along with Jose Oquendo and Terry Francona.

Pendleton was moved from hitting coach to first base coach.  As far as I know, he is still on staff.  I like Pendleton and thought he did a decent job at hitting coach.  But I don't think he was great, at least not on the level the Braves need. 

As far as manager?  Maybe a good candidate for a small market team.  I'm not sure about the Redbird job though. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »
In regards to McCann.  I wonder how he would do at 3rd base?  He has the arm to make the throw. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 03:08:59 PM »
In regards to McCann.  I wonder how he would do at 3rd base?  He has the arm to make the throw.

Hmmm...interesting.  And could Chipper play 1st and move Freeman to pitcher?  Seriously, the McCann move intrigues me.  Touches me in places I...

I mean, could work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 03:52:44 PM »
Hmmm...interesting.  And could Chipper play 1st and move Freeman to pitcher?  Seriously, the McCann move intrigues me.  Touches me in places I...

I mean, could work.

Well, my thought was 1st base before last season, but all indications say we need to keep Freeman now.  Chipper won't make it 2 more years.  If Scott Rolen's big ass can play 3rd, so can McCann.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 04:01:59 PM »
Well, my thought was 1st base before last season, but all indications say we need to keep Freeman now.  Chipper won't make it 2 more years.  If Scott Rolen's big ass can play 3rd, so can McCann.

Yep.  Unless Freeman just loses it in his sophomore year, it looks like they have a bright future at first.

And my hope is that the new hitting coach will ask Jason Wayward not to stand in Valdosta when he bats.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:02:57 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 05:34:26 PM »
Yep.  Unless Freeman just loses it in his sophomore year, it looks like they have a bright future at first.

And my hope is that the new hitting coach will ask Jason Wayward not to stand in Valdosta when he bats.

I don't have a problem with him standing in Valdosta, but only if it's because he was traded to a Valdosta team.  Seriously, I tried to like him, especially after the start of his rookie campaign.  But until he stops the most aggravating and awkward batting stance in baseball history, he's going to be average. 

He moves way too much to ever be a consistent hitter.  And I have to change the channel every time he steps into the batter box.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions