Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hat ceremonies are weak sauce....

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Hat ceremonies are weak sauce....
« on: October 31, 2011, 02:18:59 PM »
http://www.mydesert.com/article/20111031/SPORTS0613/110310306/Palm-Springs-High-volleyball-star-shells-out-creativity

PALM SPRINGS — Ciara Richards credits her family pet for helping her decide on a college.

The talented senior setter/outside hitter from Palm Springs High School, who was part of the Rancho Valley volleyball club's Junior National Championship team, wanted to impress her future coaches, so her turtle helped her become a Tiger.

This was no ordinary turtle, however. This is Richards' 8-year-old, 210-pound African desert tortoise named Beauregard.

Richards decorated Bo's shell in washable blue and orange chalk paint with a big “A” emblazoned in the middle of his shell and shipped off a photo email to Auburn University.

The Tigers' staff was impressed with her volleyball play and her creativity, so Richards was officially welcomed to the Tiger family.

She made a verbal commitment at the start of the school year and will sign her National Letter of Intent in two weeks.

“At Junior Olympics, I was being looked at by Denver and Auburn. I liked Denver a lot, but when I saw Auburn, I was blown away,'' said Richards, who also considered Villanova. “The campus is big, the academics are really good and they treat the athletes really well. I loved the coaches, the girls and they told me when I commit they wanted it to be in a creative way.”

Richards has a knack for creativity and school spirit. She's been a member of the ASB for four years, participated in the homecoming parade and often involved in school functions.

She's ready to envelop the Auburn way.

“Their fan base for everything is unbelievable,'' she said. “I saw everything from pasta noodles and chips in orange and blue. I was at the airport with my Auburn shirt on and people we're already talking to me. It was really cool.”

Richards was part of the club team that won the SCVA, Las Vegas Classic and another invitational tournament in Florida.

“Her athletic ability that allows her to locate the ball fairly consistently is huge,'' said 18 Premier club coach Danny Scott. “She's quick when she sets and her athletic ability makes her well-equipped to play at the collegiate level.”

Richards was a first team all-CIF player in her junior year, compiling 43 service aces, 24 blocks, 163 digs and 45 assists, sparking Palm Springs run to a second consecutive Final Four appearances.

For the record screw foosball Iam about to start attending some volleyball matches.....

And talk about beating the bushes in recruiting.  Only one current player from the state of Alabama.
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/w-volley/mtt/aub-w-volley-mtt.html
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:39:24 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
Re: Hat ceremonies are weak sauce....
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 03:04:46 PM »
For the record screw foosball Iam about to start attending some volleyball matches.....

And talk about beating the bushes in recruiting.  Only one current player from the state of Alabama.
Now that I am older and closer to being a dirty old man, I regret not catching any volleyball matches while at Auburn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 03:12:14 PM »
Now that I am older and closer to being a dirty old man, I regret not catching any volleyball matches while at Auburn

You should have gone to some of the gymnastics meets, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 03:24:42 PM »
I went to those.  Good googly moogly!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 03:33:45 PM »
You should have gone to some of the gymnastics meets, too.
Prefer the volleyball type - long and leggy to short and stocky
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 03:37:17 PM »

I went out with a volleyball chick at AU. All SEC. She could dig it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 03:38:25 PM »
I went to those.  Good googly moogly!
You are like Bela Kirolyi, prefer to work with 'em young
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 03:50:36 PM »
I went out with a volleyball chick at AU. All SEC. She could dig it.

Did she serve you well?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 03:53:44 PM »
Did she serve you well?

I bet she liked to bump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 03:55:01 PM »
I bet she liked to bump.

She was very set in her ways
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »
She could work the ball with no hands.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 04:26:04 PM »
I bet she liked to bump.
She was very set in her ways
I'd let her play with my spike.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 04:30:31 PM »
I'd let her play with my spike.

She probably would.  She's been around the block.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 06:08:19 PM »
i dated a javelin thrower...wait...what? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 07:05:41 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 02:13:13 PM »
#6 ROCKS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 02:17:04 PM »
You are like Bela Kirolyi, prefer to work with 'em young

Nah, these chicks are all over 18. Sani aint interested.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 02:19:19 PM »
Nah, these chicks are all over 18. Sani aint interested.

I don't know where all you motherfuckers get your information but I like 26 year olds......

Cause there's 20 of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 02:19:40 PM »
#6 ROCKS!

Did not see one that I didn't love.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan